Folding KK

telespf

telespf

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Sory, I would like question about fold KK before flop...

You think that any moment it´s possible?

Or you think that all conditions, KK it´s necessary play for see flop?

How often will you guys fold KK upon seeing Ace on a flop turn or River?
Ever fold Kings preflop?
Story, guys!

C

CaptainXL

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Very rare, almost never. Suppose four players whom I knew to be tight raised and reraised each other, I might think about it.

hilary antonik filho

hilary antonik filho

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
as I remember, I didn't fold preflop but on the turn or river yes

mj22

mj22

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
CY
Chips
Almost never, if we go step by step:
Preflop: If the action folded to me, I'll open raise. And if some already opened, I'd 3-bet or shove. So I never call or fold :rolleyes:
Flop: I just lookout for wet board flops (all suited, high open-ended straights) and aces giving the opponent a two-pair hand (AQo-s, AJo-s, A10s, A9s, A5s). Its favourable if I'm in position, if he bets small I'd re-raise big, if he bets big I just call.
Turn: If it connects with flop, I'll go as flop according to his play.
River: Its whether I shove or fold. The board have to be so wet to make me fold.
I mean its hard to lose with KK before the Turn or River. I just go like this every time and never failed of winning a big pot.

Last edited:
hsimonyan

hsimonyan

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
How often will you guys fold KK upon seeing Ace on a flop turn or River?
Ever fold Kings preflop?
Story, guys!

Usually with KK players are aggressive preflop, maybe on the flop - with a big bet, but if an ace comes on the turn or river or the flush closes, everything can change exactly not in your direction,:confused: it often happened to me:(

Dobbler1

Dobbler1

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
preflop, I don’t see any reason to fold KK if we fold such a hand, then what to play with then the only exception is if we have a passing stack in the satellite, but if we have already hit the flop and the rest of the streets, then folding is quite acceptable, it all depends on the specific situation an ace on the board could push us to fold also it could be a 4 flush board or a bubble tournament so it all depends on the moment

Agree that context matters. On that note I'd mention that preflop in the BB, against a SB raise, calling is probably the optimal strategy. Not that raising is horrible, but your opponent won't range you as well with a flat call, and on average you'll be able to make more on subsequent streets.

J

jj6m

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Probably one of the most frustrating hands to play. should win but obviously susceptible to an A. think i have also lost to a low flush and possibly Trip 8's its a hand on balance you have to play and hold out for as long a possible. Bet high to start and see whose left.

Alex Sentsov

Alex Sentsov

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
If the tournament is expensive and the prizes are coming soon, then you can reset it)))

void9

void9

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
For me, it really depends on the player/stakes. In low stakes tournaments, players tend to overplay low Ax hands so I often over fold in these spots.

Liedust

Liedust

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
AR
Chips
Every times an A comes out i fold KK

gustavofuentes2

gustavofuentes2

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Yes, I fold KK pre flop allot if people are going all in. The reason for me is that more than likely the person has AA, I have knocked out of tournaments so many times because I stayed and played that all in with the rest of the pack.

A

Ansley25

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
If the prize come soon and I have less than 20BB

S

steve420

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
It all depends on the situation your in like buy-in, ICM, opponent, chip-stack. but I am normally not folding KK pre flop. I often run into AA when there is no (A) on the flop ironically.

Chebchoub

Chebchoub

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
MA
Chips
Yes, I have folded a lot of King's pair, and this happened recently in the CC tournament last Tuesday or Wednesday I think, yes sometimes I fold a KK pair preflop or flop especially if the opponent bets all-in at the beginning of the Friezeout tournament, yes that feels A little difficult, but it takes this to reach the winning seats;)

Z

zipocool

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Agree that context matters. On that note I'd mention that preflop in the BB, against a SB raise, calling is probably the optimal strategy. Not that raising is horrible, but your opponent won't range you as well with a flat call, and on average you'll be able to make more on subsequent streets.
we are talking about folding KK here and not what we will do when we are in the big blind and get a raise from the small blind (in such a situation, we of course only call or raise)

INISHTE

INISHTE

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
BO
Chips
Hi Friend.

Before the Flop, never, with that hand you usually have the initiative, so if I get A on the Flop, then I keep betting, at least until I reach the River.

N

Narcys

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
why not, if you think you can lose that hand

P

pontvadasz

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Yes. Before the bubble. Preflop all-in call, didn't call, folded KK instead.

poxerator78

poxerator78

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
if I'm unsure and don't fold against and there's an ace on the board, then I might consider folding if my opponent raises big or he leans

partz

partz

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
If the stake is nice I don't bother folding strong cards

Ketienne

Ketienne

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Depends on the game situation. I would always play KK aggressively pre-flop. If it is called and there is an ace on the board, I would slow down.

It also depends on how many chips I have and if I cover my opponent.
Pre-flop I usually won't fold this hand.

AzazeL0707

AzazeL0707

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
BG
Chips
KK isn’t that good somebody can easily have two pairs

VGShaa

VGShaa

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I don't remember when I fold pocket Kings preflop, maybe never, but I good remember in Sunday Storm on bubble I have feeling to fold KK pre on push bigger stack, but I call it and unfortunately loose to QQ. On the flop, I fold when I see Ace and the opponent push too much in bank. It all depend on your opponent and your read his range.

sincos

sincos

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Folding KK preflop is one of the biggest problems for me... I tend to fold in tournaments and call in cash games

Folding in Poker