Does your wife / husband (or whatever) like poker the same as you?

D

dianasamu245

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Since I entered the world of poker this has generated problems with my partners they always tell me the same thing that I will not emerge that I spend a lot of time and I have no results and they have made me decide between poker or them and the truth is they put it on me easy because now I'm single and alone without having that toxic relationship that will prevent me from emerging in poker

M

Mammedly

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Relatives are against poker, but when I succeed and win prizes, they cheer for me.

Pokerpoet2

Pokerpoet2

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
My wife hates the mere mention of poker, that is why I do not play every day. I promised her years ago that I would not enter my bank details on any site and only play with the money I win from free-rolls.
I have kept this promise and the funny part is she plays Bingo occasionally for free and has won quite a bit from the free games, She has entered her bank details to draw winnings from the account but as soon as she did she started to lose heavily so now she hardly ever plays.

jleon_zat

jleon_zat

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
to my friends. My family tells me not to play anymore but I have fun I will not let it

I

ICECOLD2727

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Wife likes slots

My wife likes slot machines and loves it when I play poker, but does not want to watch or hear my stories. She just wants the bottom line, did I win?

L

lablelarry

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
He likes it the same and we agree on not putting our own money into bankrolls. freerolls!

Stu94

Stu94

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
My man play only drunk, in the nightclub pokertable :)

gustavofuentes2

gustavofuentes2

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
wife likes it big

my wife and i live poker the only problem is that i play for pennies and she likes to play for the big money. It wouldn't be so bad if she would win some of the times, but she ends up playing angry poker instead. needless to say im broke. lol;)

theheeb1984

theheeb1984

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I particularly like poker cause it disconnects me from programming (I'm a full-time software developer) but my wife doesn't like poker the same as I do. What I'd like to know is how you carry on that small difference in your life as couples.

My wife doesn't like any gambling overall but she can see that I truly enjoy poker and a few others. She also doesn't complain if I win when I buy her and the kids something special.

Also, I never let my gambling affect our lives as in I put away a small amount each month to add to the bankroll if needed or it is saved up in conjunction with a vacation fund if there will be tournaments involved during the vacation.

diago726

diago726

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
He does not like that I play at all but since I have never deposited anything he does not care at all.

C

Chel_nv

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
PS (my wife wrote this post but I will still play poker)

No, she thinks that I spend a lot of time in the game, and I already think so myself! I stopped caring for her and paying attention to her, saying compliments (((I began to play a lot, began to notice that due to the fact that I spend time constantly in a sitting position, my stomach began to grow. He began to smell bad and take care of himself, became clumsy and stopped being the man he used to be-a Womanizer! Generally fully agree with his wife Yes and cannot be me not agree! Poker is a waste of time in life, life is one and you need to remember every moment, every breath, the smile of your woman, because she is next to me, warms with warmth, heart and smile!!! Accepts me as I am, and I stopped just living for her! Therefore, I want to say one thing to all men, do not play men do not waste time, live here and now with your second halves !!! After all they are upset and silent and suffer all this in the shower and hope that we will notice them but alas the game closes our eyes turns off the brain for the sake of money!!!

PS (my wife wrote this post but I will still play poker):thefinger

A

angelamsmith05

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Yes, we both play and it is fun to enjoy it together and learn from each other.

S

slais_pro

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
My wife is neutral about poker, she used to say that this is all untrue and you can't win here, but after I won a couple of small tournaments she changed my mind.

danoscar

danoscar

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Hello. My wife supports me, but has no interest in playing.

roxtri

roxtri

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
She also plays and is better than me ... lol

nesser

nesser

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
My wife is neutral about poker, she used to say that this is all untrue and you can't win here, but after I won a couple of small tournaments she changed my mind.

Just for the record, did you buy her something pretty with what you earned?

Datdude1

Datdude1

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Absolutely not. No one in my household cares for poker besides me. Everyone says that it takes too much of my time away from the family and they wish that I did not play.

elizeuof

elizeuof

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
My wife doesn't know how to play poker, she doesn't like it, and she sometimes complains to me about the game ... But she accepts that I play and was happy because part of the money used to pay for our wedding came from a poker room.

nesser

nesser

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
My wife doesn't know how to play poker, she doesn't like it, and she sometimes complains to me about the game ... But she accepts that I play and was happy because part of the money used to pay for our wedding came from a poker room.

It was a story with a happy ending (or a happy beginning).. so what was her choice for cake topper? the typical couple or 2 cards KQs (hearts of course) ?? :cool::cool:

elizeuof

elizeuof

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
It was a story with a happy ending (or a happy beginning).. so what was her choice for cake topper? the typical couple or 2 cards KQs (hearts of course) ?? :cool::cool:

It was a typical couple, maybe on another occasion we can do something related to poker, like a themed cake on my birthday, but for that I need to win a few more times first ...

:D:D:D