Does your wife / husband (or whatever) like poker the same as you?

nesser

nesser

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
My wife loved poker so much that she decided that I decided to win a tournament with Team Pro Pokerstars - Evgenia Katchalova and get a professional set for 500 chips to play with friends))):hmmmm2::D:D

That's a pretty nice set bro, congrats. Now try to get a nice table, and you're done!

medusegorgon

medusegorgon

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
My fiance is professional poker player and I met him after week of reading "The psychology of poker".
I have my own interests but I love that we have this same one. And of course he plays better than me)))

Michel_11

Michel_11

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
No, my wife only knows that poker is a game with cards. She has no idea about ​​the rules.

In fact, she isn't interested in any card games.

D

DAVID KEHRER

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
My wife hates poker gets on my ass for playing all the time. tells me that i need to find some thing else to do with my life. LOL

tonzinho7620

tonzinho7620

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
My father always liked playing cards today he is more relaxed

Ram41k

Ram41k

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
My wife champion

Last weekend we had a tournament with friends - my wife won)

Attachments

• poker.jpg
    poker.jpg
    111.1 KB · Views: 24
blackclover

blackclover

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
My wife doesn't play poker but my brother does play and his good at playing cashgame (online poker).

D

Devspuch

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
My sister likes to play poker. I'm buy poker set and sometimes we with your friend get together and play poker :cool:. Once I decided to play poker with my father, It was cool when he thought he won, took all the chips for himself when I had to take them (let him think that he won) ;) :)

Whodahustla

Whodahustla

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
LOLOLOLOL!!!!!

Nah....my wife is moody enough. However, over the years she learned to handle it better. First she was against it. Then she stopped fussing about it. Then she tolerated it. Then she kind of depended on it for kids clothing and extra money for groceries. Eventually it got to the point where she would help me win tournaments. She acts like it too much emotion for her but I know she likes the adrenaline of a good play. That being said, it literally took like.....a 10 year span to get her from the beginning of this paragraph to the end. If your looking for advice, I would say, don't argue with her, give her time, stay consistently playing, make sure she doesn't feel neglected, share the moments you win, along with some of the profits (she has to tangibly see the benefit of you playing poker)……..MOST IMPORTANTLY.....MOST MOST MOST IMPORTANTLY.....DO NOT INFORM HER OF YOUR LOSSES!!!!!!!....If you do, only the small losses and do it sporadically. Like every 3 weeks to a month let her know about some $5 buy-in lost. Hopefully, the weeks before you lost that $5 buy-in you informed her about making $100 from a prior tournament or cash game. Good Luck!:)

O

Oksana55

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
The husband does not even mind sometimes prompts

VVi10

VVi10

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
Not at all, but one day maybe she becomes more interested with and we can play together and have some fun as couple

Kenosavage_TX

Kenosavage_TX

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
I love my wife she is really the best thing that has ever happened to me. Does she like poker. No lol But she doesn’t mind that I play a lot because of 2 reasons. 1. She knows I won’t get over my head and bet the saving account in a wsop but in 2. Her dad was a handicapper growing up so she just chalks it up to a “boys will be boys thing”. Any time I make it to a final table I always give her half of my winnings anyway ��

N

No Bologna

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
No Bologna

No. And she thinks I'm crazy to "throw money away". Not much support. She does like it though when I take her to dinner after a win.

J

jorgejarapy

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I play poker since I entered university and it was then that I also met my wife with whom I am still ... I think that the conversation can do everything since in our case I like to play poker and she no .. but after a while of explaining why and what she played for, she knew how to understand and now there are no problems every time I play

nesser

nesser

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
My wife hates poker gets on my ass for playing all the time. Tells me that i need to find some thing else to do with my life. LOL

LOL I just have a few questions, does poker interfere with your household duties? Are you (or do you want to become) a PRO? Have you tried teaching her?

My father always liked playing cards today he is more relaxed

And is he good at it? Have you learned from him?

Last edited by a moderator:
lanelane

lanelane

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
My wife never played online poker. Although he used the computer every day, he hated it so much that he never played any games. He didn't even turn it on unless he did his job.

nesser

nesser

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
No. And she thinks I'm crazy to "throw money away". Not much support. She does like it though when I take her to dinner after a win.

That's the best way to convince her that poker could be a pretty good hobby / career. :cool:

My fiance is professional poker player and I met him after week of reading "The psychology of poker".
I have my own interests but I love that we have this same one. And of course he plays better than me)))

That's a pretty good story. Would you like to be a pro too? Who better than him to teach you..:star:

No, my wife only knows that poker is a game with cards. She has no idea about ​​the rules.

In fact, she isn't interested in any card games.

Some time ago I taught my wife the basics of the game. Then I started to invite her to home games, but she quickly left, it's just that she doesn't like it like I do.

Last edited by a moderator:
felipem29

felipem29

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Bad match...

Actually, my wife is charged with poker, since she considers it a waste of time and that she does not find the card game entertaining, she prefers the carioca haha :D:D:D.

Djon25

Djon25

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
My wife doesn't like poker, but she likes money if I win:bandit::bandit:

partz

partz

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
My grandpa play a bit but shes into live sessions more, when she was in her 30s I heard she was really good. No bs :D