Does your wife / husband (or whatever) like poker the same as you?

BigCountryAA

BigCountryAA

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
She doesn't play it because she's not into it. I don't think she likes or dislikes it.

jleon_zat

jleon_zat

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I have a girlfriend but not even aware that I play poker online. I'm just saying, make as much money or lose. she tells me tomorrow will be a better day

Z

zrok_ar

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I stopped playing regularly home games with my friends when I get married (
And near that time I started playing online. My wife didn't get it, and often she was annoying about me spending time in online poker.
But when was our first child born, she was at home with him for a quite a long time and once my wife asked me to explain rules for her. A few weeks later - asked me to register her in some room. She was playing sometimes during 2 or 3 years, mostly freerolls or cheapest tournaments, and even won couple hundreds of euros. But then her interest faded, and the time became less as she went to work.
So now she doesn't play, but supports me in playing poker. Especially after some withdrawals, from which she received her bonuses in the form of gifts and trips )

D

DAVID KEHRER

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
my wife only likes poker slot machines.

SillentHunterZ

SillentHunterZ

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
My wife doesn't like me playing poker :D

owler

owler

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
the question makes me wonder if people choose their couples based on similarities.
I do not know yet but I just putten my detective glasses on

dominisantus

dominisantus

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
No, my wife does not understand at all why this is necessary, and what I like about poker, despite the fact that when we got together with friends, lovers of playing live, she is always ahead. And she plays not badly, very much, only she is not interested

Zvezda kz

Zvezda kz

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Each person has their own hobby. The main thing is to respect the choice of the other person. And also it is not worth filling the space around us not only with gambling, but also with relationships with people dear to us.

nesser

nesser

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I stopped playing regularly home games with my friends when I get married (
And near that time I started playing online. My wife didn't get it, and often she was annoying about me spending time in online poker.
But when was our first child born, she was at home with him for a quite a long time and once my wife asked me to explain rules for her. A few weeks later - asked me to register her in some room. She was playing sometimes during 2 or 3 years, mostly freerolls or cheapest tournaments, and even won couple hundreds of euros. But then her interest faded, and the time became less as she went to work.
So now she doesn't play, but supports me in playing poker. Especially after some withdrawals, from which she received her bonuses in the form of gifts and trips )

That's a very good story, with a happy ending. My case is a lot like yours, at first I taught her and she was excited but then she got over it, she doesn't complain when I play either (but I don't do it daily) :top:

Argonaut

Argonaut

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I didn't know anything about poker, other than winning hand order, until my wife taught me how to play. Prior to that, I saw no difference between poker and a slot machine. And she still plays more than I do.

nesser

nesser

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
the question makes me wonder if people choose their couples based on similarities.
I do not know yet but I just putten my detective glasses on

I think that usually you're looking for someone who complements you, but who isn't so different in terms of personality, habits, hobbies. Sometimes you're lucky like me (It doesn't matter that sometimes we have different points of view on many subjects) :D

nesser

nesser

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
No, my wife does not understand at all why this is necessary, and what I like about poker, despite the fact that when we got together with friends, lovers of playing live, she is always ahead. And she plays not badly, very much, only she is not interested

For me, beyond that I'm not a gambler, I like this kind of competition, because of the adrenaline that sometimes flows and because it allows me to disconnect from work.

D

DoIHaveAFlush

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
nope not really..however she's very impressed how a cardgame can create such a passin in me :)

Cheers

A

anadrijav

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
She wanted to learn it but when she saw me so visually she gave up and on occasions she gets upset with me.

jfmcd86

jfmcd86

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
My wife just recently started out playing poker, and we both love to play....just last month she won a $100 buyin game at a local tourney , won $700 for 1st out of 22 players , she outlived me I came in 13th, she loves playing poker

Ram41k

Ram41k

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
My wife

My wife loved poker so much that she decided that I decided to win a tournament with Team Pro pokerstars - Evgenia Katchalova and get a professional set for 500 chips to play with friends))):hmmmm2::D:D

Attachments

• 123.jpg
    123.jpg
    167 KB · Views: 38
B

BatOneHat

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Only When I Get Mad

My wife tolerates my poker playing. It doesn’t interfere with my work or household duties. The only time she disapproved is when I get tilted after taking several bad losses and getting knocked out of a tournament. I learned my lesson on tilting, good for both of us.

nesser

nesser

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
My wife tolerates my poker playing. It doesn’t interfere with my work or household duties. The only time she disapproved is when I get tilted after taking several bad losses and getting knocked out of a tournament. I learned my lesson on tilting, good for both of us.

That is the most important thing, don't stop doing your homework or your work (unless you are a pro). At the beginning I also got tilted easily but then I understood that getting knocked out or receiving bad beats is part of the game.

nesser

nesser

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
She wanted to learn it but when she saw me so visually she gave up and on occasions she gets upset with me.

Try to be patient with her. If she has the desire to learn it is easier for you (as long as you want to teach her) :D

G

gichka97

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Unfortunately, one of my relationships before was broken due to that fact that I was paying attention a lot of time to poker, watching sports events and betting and the answer to your question is no. Sometimes these things in the private life can be decisive. I learnt that you have to know how to use your time right in all of your priorities to keep them safe, but I still have difficulties to put more attention to other things than to my favorite ones ( watching sports events, playing poker and etc.)

nesser

nesser

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
My wife just recently started out playing poker, and we both love to play....just last month she won a $100 buyin game at a local tourney , won $700 for 1st out of 22 players , she outlived me I came in 13th, she loves playing poker

So she is good at the tables isn't she?. you must be happy right? And in the middle of this pandemic it still go on local tournaments?

nesser

nesser

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I didn't know anything about poker, other than winning hand order, until my wife taught me how to play. Prior to that, I saw no difference between poker and a slot machine. And she still plays more than I do.

Believe me there is a big difference. And she is on CC? if she isn't you should register her.:cool:

PINOY

PINOY

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Wife has no interest in poker, she love Korean TV Series.