Does your family interfere with your desire to play poker?

D

don1980

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I can play poker as I like without any family interference.

wagon596

wagon596

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I live alone and only have my Nephew and his family. All of the rest of my blood relatives have already passed away. So no, I pretty much do whatever I want to do.

Poker Orifice

Poker Orifice

FoolsTilt
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
My wife never bothers me. She is a housewife and has many things to do. Sometimes, my children distract me, but usually they are also obedient and do not disturb me.

Is it 2020 over there? ... or like 1920? :confused:

swimbles

swimbles

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
they all think i'm addicted, which i very well may be :)

D

DamocValentin

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
No, my family doesn't even know i am playing poker. Only my girlfriend knows and she is ok with that

shmel66

shmel66

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Нет не мешает,некоторые даже Поддерживают!!!!

uri73796

uri73796

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Sometimes it happens that the family is not happy with my desire to play poker,but my perseverance wins them over.

C

Criplgamer

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
my wife pisses me off because I play poker all day and I get very upset when she gets in my game.
There HAS to be a balance bro. If you love your wife and don't wanna lose her don't be dumb. Set a time to play, end it at the time you say. Make time for her 1st. period.

Unless divorce sounds like a good thing I suggest remembering that poker while you love it doesn't keep you warm at night.

Pokerishard

Pokerishard

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
It's more like 50/50......They don t suppoert me of that .......but they also don t have any problems about........how long time im calculated.

E

erce

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
my wife pisses me off because I play poker all day and I get very upset when she gets in my game.
i had situation like that, but i devours her, and now i play peacefully, and mine family supports me.

G

gti

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
my wife supports me in playing poker. and I'm very grateful to her for that

K

kossinger

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Well my parents did for quite some time until I showed some results many family celebrations were akward and weird

L

Liru

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
They actually don't care about me playing but when I start getting mad they tell at me to stop. Hahaha

vov4ik

vov4ik

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
My wife is angry with me when I spend a lot of time on poker, I try to make it so that I spend time with my wife and poker, but it almost always turns out that we quarrel, so I need to either play poker or devote and spend time with my wife, or such an option that the wife was happy and not angry
I need to win poker and pamper my wife with gifts and she will not be angry!

eberetta1

eberetta1

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
Keep playing your poker and you may not have to worry about having a wife. Family is more important than any hobby. Spend too much time on your hobby and a spouse will be happy to have a new family that doesn't spend all their time on a hobby.

When I encounter friction, I sometimes let family members have a portion of any winnings. That can sway some people to give you a chance to add more time to work on your hobby.

Phoenix Wright

Phoenix Wright

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Sounds like there are a lot of "family hates poker" and especially many "wife hates poker" stories here. Actually, this is not the case for me. My father was never a gambler, but he has childhood memories of his father (my grandfather) being big into poker and having competitive poker nights with many people. I don't know the stakes they played, but I know it was decent money because knowing their personalities: they wouldn't play otherwise. Anyway, despite these memories: my father never really learned how to play poker. He was never taught by anyone and poker was always something the "adults only" did. Fast forward about 50 years later and I was the one to teach my father how to play poker. Fairly often we play heads up poker at home and it is a good bonding moment. As a result, yeah I could say my family is supportive of my poker.

Syltan

Syltan

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I managed to explain to my family the need for me to play poker. Or am I such a speaker or my family is very understanding)))

C

CallmeFloppy

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
My wife doesn't care. But I also only play at night when the kids are in bed and my wife is watching tv. I don't let poker interfere with our daily life activities.

X

xexeu

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
surely rather have a baby at home and so my wife asks me to look him in the hour of my poker

AndyGamesPoker

AndyGamesPoker

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
lol... I find it funny the way the question is posed, definitely there is conflict between poker and my family time but I would not say my family is what is interfering. Of course my family and my lovely wife are far more important to me than poker despite how much I love the game. Though, I wish I had more time to play I find it important to balance properly in order for my family to be happy.

Andymac37

Andymac37

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
This post is hilarious . She would be real happy if your wife saw this lololol

RVTR7777

RVTR7777

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Today there is no one to prevent me from playing, but when I was married my ex wife did not like any games, did not like that I played poker.
She was crazy.

:stupid:

D

DAVID KEHRER

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
My family doesn't mine if i play poker but have three small grandchildren living with us and they come first.