Does your family interfere with your desire to play poker?

Maikychan

Maikychan

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
No, my family never interfered (fortunately).

M

Mikeloti13

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
You cant neglect your family for poker ever. Even if you play professionally. Its just not a right thing to do. Find time for poker but if it doesnt interfere with your family time

M

marcelo benavidez

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
i play at night, when theres no sound at all, only what i want, music or silence.

V

vittopio

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I can not imagine how one can live with a person who interferes with your hobbies (fishing .ohota -poker any)? This is masochism? Or do you also getting into her hobby?

J

JEN005

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
My family considers it pure gambling. My mother constantly urges me to stop playing that "shitty game" when sees me playing poker, but I do what I do. Maybe if I was doing better I could explain them and show them some real profits they'd change their mind, but I haven't been very successful thus far

Evan Jarvis

Evan Jarvis

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
my wife pisses me off because I play poker all day and I get very upset when she gets in my game.

It sounds like the bigger question here is whether or not you are meeting your wife's needs.

I would guess that if her needs were being met she wouldn't have an issue with you playing poker.

However, if you play poker all day as you say and neglect her and other responsibilities as a result, then she has every right to try to take you off the tables for a bit.

This game is a great, but it's also highly addictive and can keep us from the most important things in life such as relationships and responsibility.

Some food for thought

A

Arthur ZM

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
My family does not interfere with my desire to play poker, because I play it in my free time.

L

lybushka

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
At the beginning I had hard times with my family, because I was so enthusiastic about playing, that I played in any free minute. But now I play only in the evenings and thats OK:_)

FoxMS

FoxMS

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
My wife never bothers me. She is a housewife and has many things to do. Sometimes, my children distract me, but usually they are also obedient and do not disturb me.

L

Lord Foma

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I have an interesting case. At first my wife was indignant and forbade me to play at night. But I managed to get her hooked on the game and she liked poker. Now she often sits and plays. When it has a positive balance, then there are no problems, I play quietly for my own pleasure. But when she doesn't have anything to play for, then she doesn't let me play at night again, I just give her money to add to the balance and I can play calmly.

M

mtmigmike

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
For me family is the main thing and I spend a lot of time with them, and in my spare time from work and family I play poker

E

Ella Moore

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
My family has no idea

My family has no idea about my Poker mania. I play poker sometimes,not a regular player.
Looking out for some good poker deals? Any reference. :p

R

redmast

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Probably the easiest for me. I am a pensioner and my son and his wife live separately. When my grandson is with me, he is 3 years old, then I do not play poker. The child needs constant attention.

Transcendence

Transcendence

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
You don't have to fight with your family about poker. I think we should listen to my wife and find a compromise. To make everyone happy. Still, the wife comes first.

jordanbillie

jordanbillie

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
It sounds like the bigger question here is whether or not you are meeting your wife's needs.

I would guess that if her needs were being met she wouldn't have an issue with you playing poker.

However, if you play poker all day as you say and neglect her and other responsibilities as a result, then she has every right to try to take you off the tables for a bit.

This game is a great, but it's also highly addictive and can keep us from the most important things in life such as relationships and responsibility.

Some food for thought

Interesting response, which sparks the thought on some important areas of life. I agree with what you say here, and hope that the others that read this can also get the message. :):)

B

betang

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
my boyfriend plays poker too. So, we help each other.

M

Meroveus

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
It is a matter of priorities.

It is possible to schedule poker sessions around your other obligations.

If you're putting poker ahead of other obligations then it matters whether you're a recreational player, or whether you use poker to provide an income.

If poker is your income, then just like sometimes work takes precedence, then sometimes poker would too.

If you're "just" a recreational player, then maybe you need to put the needs of others ahead of having fun.

S

Szachajevy

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I play poker with my husband, its how we like to spend our evenings. Other family members judge us so we try not to talk about this anymore, they dont need to know, its just our decision

N

neptun1914

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
As with everything in life balance is the key. I play poker in my free time and without risking money which i can't afford to loose so my family leaves me to play.

Warrior1961

Warrior1961

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
My wife plays poker (we alternate on the PC playing freerolls and sits) and our dog does not know how to play but supports us :D. The opinion of the rest of our relatives does not interest me.

U

UncleConRon

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
My opinion

My family didn't mind the poker. They hated the drinking that went with the poker. They wound up throwing me in this half-way house where you can be on-line without drinking. I have to admit. It is a nice place. Animals run free. There is a big yard. The only draw back is the people I am with. They get nervous and start doing the stupid things. Like cough when they don't have too. Come on to you when there is no reason. You just want to sit back. Chat and play poker on-line and maybe go out for a smoke. The people here get mad when you are enjoying yourself and start acting up.

Stu94

Stu94

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
My men almoust come give recomment if he saw i play :D

Ice Wolf

Ice Wolf

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I usually ask is there anything y'all need me to do, if not for the next couple hours I'm going to be playing poker. I may also say hey there is a poker tournament I want to play in today/tomorrow at X o'clock so I if we have anything we want to do we usually get it done on another day or earlier in the day. On the other hand I also know I don't play too too much and I usually only say that or plan on playing when there really isn't anything else we are doing. If there is something that comes up while I am playing I usually get it done and if they need something they know I will get to it when I am done.

Ranish625

Ranish625

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
my wife pisses me off because I play poker all day and I get very upset when she gets in my game.

Yes, sometimes my family is against me playing poker, I think I would also not like it if my wife would play poker all day