Does Poker Affect Your Private Life?

K

kidrock1211

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Most of the time no it dose not. but i must admit there are times when i sit at my computer all day and should be doing other stuff!!

R

Rational Madman

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Chips
I'm sorry but because of my lifestyle and personal views linked to it I cannot be friends with Muslims since they believe my very profession and main talent in life is a morbid sin.

Other than that one main issue, I will even have to lie when dealing with Muslims about what I do for a living. I have a local Kebab shop I tell them I invest in stock and shares or such things, they seem to not mind gambling when it's in that form.

Must be very careful. This is why I prefer to takeout from the local Chinese place, their culture embraces gambling and has no disrespect for me or what I do.

fabiancampos

fabiancampos

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
preffer live events.. that is sure!

terryk

terryk

TheCanuckwithalltheluck
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I'm sorry but because of my lifestyle and personal views linked to it I cannot be friends with Muslims since they believe my very profession and main talent in life is a morbid sin.

Other than that one main issue, I will even have to lie when dealing with Muslims about what I do for a living. I have a local Kebab shop I tell them I invest in stock and shares or such things, they seem to not mind gambling when it's in that form.

Must be very careful. This is why I prefer to takeout from the local Chinese place, their culture embraces gambling and has no disrespect for me or what I do.
Don`t b sry,just plz tell me,wth r u talkin too?:ciao:

Last edited:
vitalii029

vitalii029

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
poker doesn't interfere with my personal life, I play poker almost always at the same time, I have worked out a schedule

YoSoyMarce

YoSoyMarce

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
when i go to play poker in the night thats dont like to my mother

fa1920

fa1920

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Sometimes, when something unexpected happens

R

RunningLikePluto

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
I think there’s a lot of self dilution/mental masturbation going on itt. If you’ve taken the time to sign up for and participate in a poker forum odds are you have a) lost enough money at the tables to have to take a major action in order to offset the loss in your personal life, and b) played more than a few marathon sessions and pissed the old lady off.

If you’re trying to convince yourself you’re not a degen, take a few days off, it helps. If you’re a professional degen playing for a living, don’t take a break until it’s time to go on vacation. ;)

terryk

terryk

TheCanuckwithalltheluck
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
To the one asking the question and also to anyone coming here to see the answers.
Read the post again,,in not one post in this Whole thread does it`s mention `muslims`,,,it`s the voices again,madman,take ur meds,bro:icon_boun

Zorba

Zorba

Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
AQ
Chips
Poker is my life. Play everyday except when I go Drag Racing. I'm 71 and live alone and plan to stay that way. I'm 0 for 3 in the marriage department. Grin !!!

0 for 3 eh!!! Your doing the Drag Racing wrong.

ecyiHKP.jpg

:p
I have a local Kebab shop I tell them I invest in stock and shares or such things, they seem to not mind gambling when it's in that form.

Don't you ever wonder what the spontaneous laughter is all about as the door hits your arse on the way out of the kebab shop.

What is your profession and main talent, lots of people don't like bullshitters but I doubt they would class it as a morbid sin.

Anyway religion is fake so why worry about morbid sins?

To the one asking the question and also to anyone coming here to see the answers.

I'm glad I came in here to look at the answers.

Read the post again,,in not one post in this Whole thread does it`s mention `muslims`,,,it`s the voices again,madman,take ur meds,bro:icon_boun

It's his voice that is the loudest in his head, it's the voice he loves to listen to the most as is evident by his ramblings.

:vroam: he needs to rush to get those meds. :vroam: :vroam: :vroam:

:top:

R

RunoMont

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
scheduling is the key

in my opinion, if its recreational, we need to look at the post and cons when it comes mainly to family time and finances. when we go professional, it means we have a personal commitment to the activity. therefore all needs to be arranged accordingly.

infonazar

infonazar

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
I have same problem.
Sometimes I play very much time, and I sleep very little time.
Anyway i like Poker and I will play.

T

titiduru

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Since you have only 24 hours in a day, spending a few hours playing poker will obviously leave you less time for doing other things.

E

Ekaterina Danilenko

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
poker greatly affects their personal life in the first game takes a lot of time ; second losses in games lead to bad mood; in the third, when playing together with the second mate and one of you loses, then the case may go before the scandal

J

JAAMEZz

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
it helps me when im deciding between to options. i look at situations in more of a literal risk/reward

Edison A

Edison A

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
it does not affect me, it's just an organizational question, and in the family my family accepts that I play they support me, because I have won money playing online and the prize money I have enjoyed with them too

great_young

great_young

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
BG
Chips
The only thing that I feel it affects in a bad way, is my time left for reading books. But after all, it's my choice. The most important is that playing poker gives me great pleasure.

H

Hansadsa

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
for me poker is entertainment, as long as I am amused, I still poker, I like it

miric007

miric007

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
From my point of view it does not affect, I play poker in free time, I play tournaments starting at 20:00 so I have no problem how long a tournament will last :)

M

MrSamsa

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Its only a problem if its truly out of your control in my opinion.

K

kidrock1211

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
90% of the time it dont, but every now and then i find myself playing when i should be getting other stuff done!

L

laiomaycon

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
sometimes it becomes bad, for example: I have a job and I have to be there on time but I'm in a tournament, my position is very good and it's good and there are still a lot of players left to go out. some people are often late because of some adversity in nature or worse, but there are those who are late because of poker. Hilary but all this is true.

V

vpashuta

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Poker like any form of gambling can be addicting. Those who can't keep it in check can become consumed, and it may affect every area of their lives.