Does Poker Affect Your Private Life?

TheRealPage

TheRealPage

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Poker affected my life in the most positive way I could thought...

It's a time for me and me only, thing I wasn't doing before. When I play poker: I turn off the phone, remove the battery in the clock and play my game until my limit is reached.

It's also a time I plan in my schedule... and people know: if you can't reach me, I'm online playing poker or in a poker room... try to find me and take me out, you'll need a very good stretegy for this!

At the bginning it was a bit hard for tournament. Like you said, it can be long.. so I played cash game for a little while then discovered the fun playing tournaments.

My dad always said (may he rest in peace): when you like something, find the time to enjoy it. For once, you're not looking for happiness, you find happiness!

Hope it helps!

-TRP-
I try to play poker in my spare time
But because of the length of the tournament, it's hard to know when to finish
Sometimes it happens that I change some things because playing poker
I love to play poker, but sometimes it affects my private life
But since I much like poker, I will leave things as they are ;)

Ranish625

Ranish625

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Absolutely no poker affects my personal life yet, so if I win $ 1,000,000 then poker will affect my personal life for the better.

Ropa

Ropa

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Poker doesn't really affect my real life, maybe if a little bit, then sleeping schedule, but most of tournaments i play are at nighttime, then i sleep during day, hehehee. But other than that no affects to real life.

P

Pocemon12

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Of course it does, especially if you play 8-12 hours a day:)

J

JAAMEZz

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
my wife complains about the amount i play/talk about poker but i make sure to balance my time

B

blata8ruga

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
i usually plan on doing nothing else when i plan to play so it works out alright

ANATOLII1981

ANATOLII1981

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
They talk a lot about the problem of combining your favorite business and life in general. It does not matter what exactly is the main occupation. Whether drawing, walking, reading out loud or poker. It is important to understand something else - your occupation, of course, is extremely important to you, but life does not end there. Being carried away by any business, we usually do not think about how this will subsequently affect our personal life. And do not exaggerate, no one is going to put you in front of a choice - either poker or everything else. All that is needed is to learn to combine the pleasant with the even more pleasant. find compromise and time for loved ones and for the game.:2in1:

Alex Sentsov

Alex Sentsov

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Yes. Poker takes up some of your personal time. We have to sacrifice something.

U

UncleConRon

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
My opinion

My private life is kind of lonely. I am a ****y person so I guess I have it coming. So poker is a welcome treat to interfere with my life.