Does Poker Affect Your Private Life?

L

lewis99

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
gday all...no does not affect...i budget time,never play with a time limit,dont need extra pressure....thanks darrell

T

Tatomircg

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I try to play poker in my spare time
But because of the length of the tournament, it's hard to know when to finish
Sometimes it happens that I change some things because playing poker
I love to play poker, but sometimes it affects my private life
But since I much like poker, I will leave things as they are ;)

No...i choose the right time to play.....because if u woory about time....u don t win

A

awkplayer

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Poker takes time, this is obvious, but what really negatively affects your life is your poor time management and not necessarily poker, you could waste a lot of time doing anything other than poker if you do not know how to manage your time.

P

Pulsar

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Basically, I'm trying to find a compromise between my personal life and poker,which means I have to take time away from sleep! Though I rarely play,so combine the pleasant with the useful!

H

HugoGoltz5521

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
For me it was difficult to reconcile my relationship with poker because sometimes my ex girlfriend did not understand that the tournaments took a long time and was very angry with this, now that I am no longer dating I have more free time so poker is very handy since it is My favorite hobby.

A

Ant467

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Poker as a form of entertainment and I do not like it does not spoil. And people who have passion illness can ruin lives

Mikica1122

Mikica1122

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Of course it affects my private life.
but I love poker:D:D:D

lsbenn

lsbenn

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I am widowed but when my husband was still alive I had a schedule and he knew when I played and did not have a problem with it. Now I am single I play when I want to. It does not affect my private life.

Poker is a big part of my life.

HaKaPu

HaKaPu

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
For me poker does not have any impact on private life.

I have enough free time to play poker.

S

Sherbanov365

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
:)

I am on my way building my personal life all around Poker. 👍👍 Find what you love and makes you happy and take it all!!! ♠♥♦♣

C

corieaddison

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
This is kinda where I'm at too. I love playing poker so that will never change. But it is important to manage your private life and make sure you make time for your family and friends! If you are playing tourneys, this can for sure be difficult, make sure your people know. Keep them updated with what your poker life is up to and let them know you love the game and this makes you happy. Just don't keep them in the dark, this should help things go more smooth.

T

thaliko86

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I believe that at some point poker conflicts with the personal life of every player, whether recreational, or professional. If we analyze well I believe it affects the life of the recreational player more than that of the professional that takes the game out of their livelihood. I have tried to better reconcile poker with the other areas of my life so that there is balance and discernment for each thing distinctly. My wife does not play, but understands that this is part of my life and supports me so that within a planning I can get at least my four hours of study and play a day. I think the great question is how to reconcile one thing and another so that there is no wear and tear on both.

C

cheeeer

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
What happened in the 5 minutes break stayed in the 5 minutes break. So, no.

R

Ricardo_lhp

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
now at the moment it does not affect as much as I can manage to devote my whole day to poker. But when I worked I did not have much time to play tournaments, so I played a few sits in the week and left the tournaments just for the weekend.

Joshua_Kane

Joshua_Kane

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Chips
I think it’s the other way around, my personal life usually ends up interfering with my poker life.

IlyaSavinov

IlyaSavinov

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
poker has no effect personal life, most of the time I spend at the table, it's on weekends

I

ilucha228

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Poker takes me most of the time, so yes, it affects my personal life

tw082

tw082

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
of course it does, but you just haveto set aside time for the other things that are important in ur life...so she doesnt get upset about u playin poker.:D

oneloy

oneloy

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I would like to. only for the better

Anton Fedorov

Anton Fedorov

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
poker definitely affects your personal life, but you need to be able to prioritize, if poker is money, then you need to give it time as a regular job, if it is a hobby, then you should not forget about your loved ones and give them time, all the same, hobby is just a hobby people more important

kaktyc

kaktyc

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Quite the contrary. No game can affect my life.

B

BobZock

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Yes, sometimes when tickets are available for certain games. Or continue stepping. Then you have to reserve the time for it.

Entrik

Entrik

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
No, poker does not affect my personal life, but sometimes I spend a lot of time on poker even when I need to get up for work in the morning I can even play until morning this is what happens to me:) Krch like someone ... :)

M

Myone

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
No poker don't affect my private life . But sometimes it make me very sad

You might be playing beyond your means, I don't know your personal situation but if it's affecting your mood you might be playing out of your means