Does age matter in poker?

N

Nate420

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
NZ
Chips
As others have pointed out, you can lose focus, memory and other traits that aid your game.
I'd say 20-60 is the ideal age range for poker. Once you surpass 60, you will start to lose it IMO.

Michel_11

Michel_11

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
I'm 37 years old and I play a few times a month.

In my opinion, age influences whether a person will want to play for hours every day.

Someone younger may have it a little easier and an older person may get tired faster. But it's just a general thought, there's no rule about it.

29pablofm

29pablofm

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
UY
Chips
I don't think age matters. What I do think, of course, is that over time you learn more knowledge and experiences that lead you to improve day by day as a player.

antonis32123

antonis32123

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
GR
Chips
Of course age matters . You can choose to play better games , you can have better planning or Strategy , better game selection when you are aged and older . But also you have less stamina or less will to play for fun .

Mag_P1e

Mag_P1e

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
I’m 28, I’ve been playing poker for half a year, although I’ve been familiar with the game for about 11 years. I believe that poker is absolutely not subject to any age restrictions and here the purely personal qualities of a person come into play - how much free time he has, how clear his mind, how mobile his habits are, etc. Poker, like love, suits all ages :D

Stringy

Stringy

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
don't think age matters, maybe has an effect on patience but that's not just about age

I

IrishinSpain

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
IE
Chips
I'm 40 years old, I've been playing poker for a year... How old are you and how much do you play?
I have been playing poker for about 20 years mostly at the smaller levels but as for age it does have effects for both younger and older players in different ways but if you are capable of knowing your limits then you're good. But also the knowledge to know you can always learn. Sometimes older players can feel that they have the experience to just play their game and sometimes younger people can believe that they know it all.... Just remember regardless of your age you are always in a position to learn from others

Rachidao

Rachidao

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
Yes it does, never saw a 150 years old win a tournament.

Gavincwb

Gavincwb

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
One of the few sports that age can sometimes even help rather than hinder.

Edu1

Edu1

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
"does age matter in poker" matter for what? be more specific, to win, to learn, to profit...

O

odonob

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I would say that age would not matter, your strategy might get better with experience however.

MathMDI

MathMDI

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
BR
Chips
Today I'm 26 years old. I've been playing poker since I was very young, about 14 years ago, before I had more time to play than I have today, but I don't feel that much difference from when I was younger. Age didn't change Poker for me, what changed was my time to play.

Claudiunm

Claudiunm

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
I'm 48 years old and have been playing for 3 years. I don't think age is important. Self-control, intelligence, sagacity and the ability to concentrate are what make a Poker player.