Does age matter in poker?

GeckoAA

GeckoAA

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I am 58 and play poker pretty much every day that I can :). Ive been playing for over 10-12 or so years now.

Last edited:
P

pokerD

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
HU
Chips
I don't think the age itself is the same, the gaming experience is more important.

yogo9

yogo9

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
DZ
Chips
No, Age doesn’t matter in poker, intelligence, Endurance, Luck, Skill, Mental toughness play the biggest roles, I'm 32 years old and i have been playing poker for more than 10 years.

G

GolPen666

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
DE
Chips
I'm 44 and i play Poker for maybe 17 years.
I think age doesn't matter, but for myself, i have to say, i've been getting wiser, but this results because of the experencies...

Chebchoub

Chebchoub

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
MA
Chips
I'm 40 years old, I've been playing poker for a year... How old are you and how much do you play?
We can play poker at any age, but in some cases age can affect our proficiency in poker. It can affect positively or negatively. The negative side is that as we get older, we can become less focused and attentive and forgetful, the positive side is It is that we may acquire, discover, and master skills and strategies as days pass.
I wish everyone good luck and health :)

Igor Popadyk

Igor Popadyk

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
enjoy the game, the main thing is your mindset, age is not the main thing

BelFish

BelFish

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
BY
Chips
In fact, age affects: if a person is 7 years old or 77 years old, then on average he will play worse than a person aged 30-40 years...

I've been playing poker for about 20 years, that's half my life ))

C

Cooking

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
The good thing about poker is that everyone can play not matter how old you are.

pedrovitorcosta

pedrovitorcosta

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
i dont think so... we see young players going well and old player too... I believe that the important thing is your financial health

binh80208

binh80208

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
VN
Chips
I'm 40 years old, I've been playing poker for a year... How old are you and how much do you play?
Im 19 years old and ive been playing poker for 3 months, I think age is not so important in playing poker but make sure if he or she is over 18+

ODRAGD3

ODRAGD3

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
VE
Chips
game since 2012! Over the years you gain experience and find the patterns and science to the game! luck! They don't always carry!

pavel1111111

pavel1111111

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
RO
Chips
I dont think so :)..it could count may if you want to take the circuit to play all games ..like EPTs ...here could count the fizical condition :)

LaNimmer

LaNimmer

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
Age matters but unevenly. Some seniors are mentally and physically fit. Some not as much. As a senior I would say my memory and endurance is not what it used to be. The knowledge is there but the fast pace of tournaments today and the amount of time to get ITM is affected by age (most seniors are in some form of decline even if their QOL is still good). I love poker but I cannot play in 8-12 hour games much alone the tournaments that take multiple days.

laihuynh

laihuynh

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
VN
Chips
I am 25 years old and quite enjoy playing poker with many older people to learn the experience.

dallam

dallam

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
This forum the average age can be around 40 or more, and many of these playing like a badass so don't worry..

D

Doctrix

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I'm 42 and I played my first hand of poker 5 years ago. I play all day erryday now. I don't think you're too old! I belong to a stable of players and I'm not even the oldest one. There's a dude in there in his 50's.

xico_moita

xico_moita

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
BR
Chips
Age itself is not a critical factor for success in poker. What matters is the player's skill, their ability to make strategic decisions, read other players, manage their bankroll, and handle the variations of the game. Players of different age groups have achieved success in poker, from young prodigies to more experienced players. However, it is important to mention that the accumulated experience over the years can bring an advantage in terms of knowledge of the game and the ability to read opponents. Additionally, emotional maturity can also play a significant role in the ability to handle the pressures and swings of poker. Overall, poker is a game where performance is primarily determined by individual skills and dedication to constant improvement, regardless of age.

V

Vitoeye

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
GB
Chips
I don't think age matters so much except that, in most things, younger people generally tend to take more risks

Emily Trott

Emily Trott

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
I turned seventy this year and celebrated by playing poker tournaments in Vegas. I play three or four or five online tournaments each week, two or three on my monthly weekends in New Hampshire, and every month or month and a half I drive down to Foxwoods for one. :)