Do your friends and acquaintances know that you play poker and what is their opinion?

Maxmustdie

Maxmustdie

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
poker is my little secret
playing at night

julio gonzalez

julio gonzalez

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
opiñon de mis amigos

Hi. If some friends know that I play poker at pokerstars and 888. some of them also play at pokerstars. They like it and they encourage me because I am the only one who withdraws between 50 and 60 dollars. per week. and in my country it is a lot of money.

Pomf123

Pomf123

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
my friends erroneously think i'm the best at poker but are otherwise ok with it

UM3SH

UM3SH

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Many friends of mine knew that I am playing poker and they thinks it's a gambling and it's not a good thing. They say you will ruin your life one day.

laifstaile

laifstaile

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
my GF is my supporter...when i play big tourny and next day is work day she gets grumpy but she understands me....
a lot of my friends r also players so we understand each other....
for other friend i do not rub it that i play....to some it is sorcery...

Andrei Korolev

Andrei Korolev

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
They know who doesn't like it and who abstains.My opinion is my choice...

MishkaZL

MishkaZL

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
My friends know that I play poker, but each of them treats it differently. There are those who think that I'm just wasting time, others think that it's an interesting hobby. In any case, I have my own opinion and my own goal to which I go step by step.

G

GrannySmit77

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
They think I'm gambling my money away. I tell them I have better odds than buying lottery tickets.

I

Ivan Zaruba

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
My family knows that I play poker, and not everyone my friends knows about it.

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
Yes, all my close friends know that I play poker for money and, in principle, I have not heard any negative comments on this from anyone. I am already old enough to make decisions independently)))

O

Oksana55

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Neprotif. my wife can even sit down and play. Friends in different ways, but every time I show a victory, they don't believe.

W

woodeng

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I was thrilled to see this question as I am too embarrassed to share my online play with friends or family -- I guess I just know they would not approve! We have poker rooms where we live and they know we have frequented those poker rooms prior to the virus and they were not real receptive to the live play . . .

S

Shay

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
They think I'm good so support me.
Neprotif. my wife can even sit down and play. Friends in different ways, but every time I show a victory, they don't believe.
That is why we need some type of poker rankings in online games

mardasenia

mardasenia

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
neither my relatives nor my friends know that I play poker, at least I think so, they know little - they sleep better

Bugi

Bugi

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I mentioned it in passing to two of my brothers but didn't get into any details because they didn't show any interest. They don't ask and I don't offer. I talked about it to one friend. He told me flat out, "you're an idiot". Ha, ha. Another friend sees the potential but I don't bring it up at all since he has different priorities. The Loneliness of the Long Distance Runner. My cats try to play with the cursor so I have an active rail.

soLdaTeS88

soLdaTeS88

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Parents know, wife knows, friends know, work colleagues know. Everyone has a normal attitude, there is no negativity, if I was losing money, then maybe there would be a negative, but this is how they perceive everything normally

jj77jwj

jj77jwj

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
They think I spend to much time playing poker but it's my hobby lot better then them playing games gaming a least I'm going to making money or losing money one or the two but I'm going to having a lot more fun playing poker

chippawa1234

chippawa1234

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
People know I play but no one is really interested switch is fine it's my hobby.

N

Nel1523

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Yes, my family knows, my friends also (I play with them). Nobody bothers that I spend hours playing poker, there is no negative because I think they know that I am not losing money. I don't know what they would think if I lost money

P

PYO88

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I dont really talk about it since with the pandemic I kinda lost contact of many « friends » i was hanging out with in the lasts few months...but I Wouldn’t mind they know at all.

frazzle1991

frazzle1991

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
JM
Chips
few know, religious family doesn't approve , my big brother plays overseas but only for fun if his buddy takes him, my best friend is all for it!

CERRATO505

CERRATO505

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Here in Nicaragua online poker is not known when I told my family and friends that I played online poker they did not believe it was real they asked me how the money was withdrawn and things like that now that they see my results they are astonished

B

betang

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
nobody knows. They do not like it very much.

T

Tomek416

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
They know and they know that I don't lose much money, so they are okay with it, even my wife who doesn't generally like gambling very much.