Do your friends and acquaintances know that you play poker and what is their opinion?

S

seraxel

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
They do. I think most approve and support it and believe it's a valuable endeavor. A lot of this is on the individual to earn the belief of those around them.

R

Rufun2

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
poker

Yes my wife and family know i play poker but they dont know i play almost every day

Z

zipocool

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
of course they know and most support, many also play poker

M

MickGreed

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I tell my frds an they think I'm bluffing, an say I've been hacked lol I wish I can play with some of my frds, freerolls or the low tourneys

blackknives

blackknives

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
we used to play quite often until they felt like gambling $20 bucks a night (entire night) isn't fun anymore, and i'm all that's left.
Found new groups but they are all degenerates

oleg8519

oleg8519

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
BY
Chips
I try not to hide that I play poker, so everyone I know knows about poker. Everyone discourages me from playing

staytrue001

staytrue001

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
Friends know, relatives do not

dreamer13

dreamer13

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
LV
Chips
Poker is becoming a way of life. Although sometimes it looks clumsy and inappropriate, relatives and friends have to be not only a part of your life, but also try to take part in your special world at least a little. Any relationship between a man and a woman is a complex system of bolts, fastening threads, vivid impressions, experiences and, of course, all this under the sauce of romance. But when poker is added to this pair, sometimes you don’t understand whether to perceive the game as a rival or to accept and let it into your life forever. Many wives know for sure that they did the right thing.The disadvantages include the fact that poker kills sensitivity in a person. Players simply don’t know how to get upset (of course, if they didn’t fill in the same $ 300), they don’t know how to enjoy the little things, it’s hard to surprise or anger them.

G0930

G0930

Captain Fathermucker, Satty Aficionado
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
AT
Chips
The only people I talk about my poker life are my dad and my girlfriend. No one else would understand.

Academico

Academico

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
AR
Chips
Yes, they know what I play and they take it lightly or not seriously, they think that poker players are lazy people who want to make money easily, but they don't know how to answer if it's easy to win hahaha in many cases poker is a passion more than just look for money

spunka

spunka

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Yep it no secret, they usually ask me how I am running, do you win .? They know I have a bankroll and play sensibil, they also know I have been playing abroad in tournaments, a few times my wife have been with me also on those trips.

Pulse_69

Pulse_69

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
UA
Chips
My friends know, respect, we even like to get together and play live poker) but they don't play online, they don't like it.

Gallarado777

Gallarado777

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
KZ
Chips
Yes, they know and are positive I share with them when I win tournaments and they are very happy for me, I think like any parent for their children

K

KING1805

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
HU
Chips
My family knows that I play poker. I have not really mentioned it to my friends or aquantances so far.

Spannerdeth

Spannerdeth

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Even though I play for pennies, my family think I'm gonna lose my life savings. My friends think its pretty cool and I play some home games but they really find talking about strategy and theory a drag!

A

Avangart1

Enthusiast
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
I have several friends who also play poker. Sometimes we play together and have a good time.

oleg8519

oleg8519

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
BY
Chips
at first I told everyone about my hobby, but now I think it's not necessary. I only talk about this topic online

waisichy

waisichy

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
My family do but think it’s like pressing a button on a slot machine. They don’t understand the mechanics of luck and skill combined.

Lipki3

Lipki3

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
BY
Chips
Yes, all my inner circle is familiar with poker and most of them know how to play. Some at first did not approve of what I was playing, but then everyone seemed to understand and even started playing

Luvepoker

Luvepoker

Lost in the twilight zone
Community Guide
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
If you happen to know me even very casually you know I am a poker player. Many days I am wearing something poker related.

Now at one time I kept it to myself. My family knew but not many others. My wife hates poker but is OK with my playing it as long as it does not interfere with our family and finances. If I use my allowance or previous winning its ok. I come from a very strong non gambling family. While they don't understand my luve of the game they do support it and celebrate my victories. They do relive poker is a game of skill and that's why. My in-laws did not approval at all and my mother in-law said I had a gambling problem. It was not a good visit that day. I ended up having to show here what I played and how often. She reluctantly agreed I did not have a problem. It was hard for her to argue when showing her I played $1.10 games 2 or 3 time a week.

So what changed my way and let the world know I am a poker players. February 27th 2012 I decided to play a game on one of the subscription sites. It was a winner take all event and the winner won a seat into the wsop 1K event with travel expenses. At this time of my love the WSOP was not a dream but a fantasy. I never believed I could or would ever have a Chance to play in one of those events. 321 players played that night and 5 hours + later I was heads up to win the fantasy and much to my shock I won. maybe 2 minutes after the game ended my wife came out worried something was wrong. I was just saying oh my god over and over again and again. The next morning, I told my then 6 year old daughter the news. She loves poker then and now. She was so excited. That night my world changed. When I got to day care to pick up the kids, the 1st this I heard was congratulation on my victory and going to the WSOP from one of the parents and then the day care provider. I was shocked and tired and just went home with the kids after talking for a few. They Stephanie handed me a letter from school. It was congratulating me on going to the WSOP again. We also got a call home from her school on it. I sat down with my daughter that night and said, Stephanie, are you telling people I won a trip to Las Vegas to go to the WSOP. Her response is what changed my world. She said yes and I asked why? " Because I am proud of you daddy"

After that day I never really hid my love for the game. Much to my surprise, many people actually supported it and would talk to me over it over the years. I have since made many new poker friends. Today I can say out loud, I am a poker player and proud of it.

fryderyk

fryderyk

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
PL
Chips
Yes they know, but their opinion is neutral. Maybe it's because they know I won't get addicted and lose too much money. Everything is for people and as with everything you need to know when you cross the border.

M

mclay

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
KZ
Chips
Those to whom I told that I play poker, but did not explain the details, think that I am a gambling addict.:)

LUKADONCICMVP

LUKADONCICMVP

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
my family knows for sure in play poker

fullclock

fullclock

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
If my best friends know that I play poker and they also know that I have great results. Hopefully everyone at some point in their lives will be able to enjoy poker.