Do your friends and acquaintances know that you play poker and what is their opinion?

GARCIA PABLO DANIEL

GARCIA PABLO DANIEL

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
AR
Chips
hello

If they know that I play poker and they support me and they want me to do well, my dream is to be a great poker player and achieve great rewards, but for that I have to keep improving my game and this is long-term, so let's get to work! !! regards

J

Joselmb31

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
In my case, it is difficult to live with poker, which takes a long time, my wife does not agree very much, but she does not stop me either. But I always try to separate what is gambling and personal life.

E

elmucu

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
the family

In the first instance my family looked at me and said you were wasting time, as time passes they did not comment on anything, there are days of good variance and we went out to dinner

Geksan_87

Geksan_87

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Some of my friends and acquaintances also play poker. This is their decision, their hobby. This is my hobby too. My family also know about it and they respect my choice.

M

maroca06

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
My family knows I like to play, but preferably freeroll

C

CallmeFloppy

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
They all know. I used to run poker leagues that were played by my family and friends.

J

jesusali1

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
My family, friends and acquaintances know that I play poker, but they think it is a waste of time and skills, but I don't think the same, I always have to contradict them because there are many skills that I develop, poker has always been one of my passions and it will remain so.

Herkstwin

Herkstwin

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
My family and friends all know I play poker and are fine with it. My wife and I play live with many of our friends and I play live and online with a group of buddies. Nobody has commented on what they think of my playing, but then, I don't really care. I play responsibly and it does not negatively affect my social or financial life.

J

JOHNNYROD143

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
We love to play

My friend group consists of about twenty guys and about half of us play poker. I would say that all of us are around the same level and as a result we play a lot of home games (not real money) to hone our skills. We all love playing poker and because we are all a similar level it makes it a pretty fair game. Furthermore, although we love poker we also acknowledge that our game play is no where near where we want it to be and watch a lot of videos together. I recommend watching Brad Owen's on YouTube because he is a pretty solid player who incorporates a lot of stature and jokes into his vlogs which makes it quite fun to watch.:rolleyes:

bra01

bra01

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
My family has never supported me playing poker

Branimir84

Branimir84

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
HR
Chips
They know. They don't mind it, most likely because I was and am always responsible with it.

N

narc

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
He are players Champions iguals me...

lukovnikofff

lukovnikofff

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
my family and friends know that I play poker and play for real money, and they have never been against this idea and have never discouraged or said anything bad about poker and have always supported me, not to mention the wins and losses, but how is it with you.
Hello, a very interesting question, and it is very interesting to read the situations of other people! My close friends know that I play poker, but they don't mind it, they just say that this whole game is cheating and it's impossible to win a lot of money, you can only lose! I am trying to convey to them that this is a game not only for luck, but that this game in which you have to think a lot! But each person has his own opinion and I do not want to try to impose my point of view! Thank you for such a good question and good luck at the tables!

Pokerpoet2

Pokerpoet2

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
My Wife hate's the game, but I made her a promise, that I would never to deposit on any poker site and have kept it for over 20 years, and I proved to her that it is possible to play on-line for free, and still make money.
A lot of my friends are also Poker players and the only disadvantage is they get to know my tells and how I play, so find it very hard to play against them, It's not impossible to beat them as I know theirs as well, so we play a little more cautiously when we get on the same tables.
Poker has had a lot of bad press over the years, as it was mostly played by crook's, thieve's, Pimp's and Drug dealers, that frequented the back rooms of bars etc, when Poker was Illegal.
In today's society it has a more favorable Image, you only have to read Doyle Brunson's book "The Godfather of Poker" to know how dangerous it was to play Poker back in the 1950s and 60s.
Thankfully it is now more accessible to play, and legal in more and more places, I have even come across little old Ladies in their 70s who can sometimes crush younger player's on the Poker tables, :):)

When the fun Stops, STOP!

aleomar86

aleomar86

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
My family and friends are not interested, in fact they think that I spend too much time playing games and for them it is a waste of time.

E

ekgbeat

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Yes, my friends and family know, and it was close family/friends that got me started with poker. Most don't care in the US.

fernandofcp

fernandofcp

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
My friends and family who know I play poker ask me if I make money or if it's a waste of time to play poker online. I tell them that in addition to being a healthy mental sport, it is also possible, with a lot of study and training, to earn good money from poker.

W

WJMKAM

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
My close family knows and as long as I keep within a budget, it is not an issue. I was a nightly player 10 years ago before the US online poker world came to a halt. Then I took 10 years off from online games. Limited to live gambling a max of 6 or 7 weeks a year. Just restarted online again a month ago. I am keeping it a cheap hobby.

IXIX

IXIX

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
My family knows and the few friends I have also play poker so they understand, I’m one of those people that need friends that also play so I can get feedback about a certain line I took or just something that can benefit me in poker. I’m also looking for a friend or two that can teach me about crypto and NFT’s so I can benefit for that also because I have no clue. I’m just going off of YT videos and articles trying to figure it out 😂

michel valente

michel valente

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
BR
Chips
yes and play with me

They really like the sport, like me :jd4:

black and

black and

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
Of course, my friends and family know that I play poker. And in most cases, they are all skeptical. I often hear that my hobby is a waste of time. But I don't care what others think. The main thing is that the game brings me pleasure, and everything else just does not matter.

pavel1111111

pavel1111111

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
RO
Chips
At first, my friends and family really looked at me like a gambler, but when the results started to come and they started to see that it wasn't necessarily a game of chance, they also started to play :)and they didn't have an opinion. so bad about me:)

G

gud1ni99

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Of course my family and friends know that I play poker, I see no reason to hide this.
I have never heard any condemnation from either relatives or friends. Some are neutral, but most of them are interested and support me in every possible way on this path (for which I am very grateful to them) :)