Do you think Daniel Negreanu will ever win the WSOP Main Event?

Do you think Daniel Negreanu will ever win the WSOP Main Event?

• Total voters
MrPink514

MrPink514

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I do not believe that Negreanu will win the WSOP Main Event. I will say that anything is possible so there's always a SLIM chance, but I won't bank on it. There's also a SLIM chance that a winning Powerball ticket will be blown up against my leg by the wind, but I won't bank on it.

Lol.

max_cool20

max_cool20

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Daniel Negreanu is my idol, I hope will win, nothing is impossible, especially when it comes to personality so!

MediaBLITZ

MediaBLITZ

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
So, half of the people who voted "No" very much like Negreanu, but do not believe he can outplay the huge tournament field...

And the other half of "No" voters just hate Negreanu...

I like Negreanu the poker player, but Negreanu the human being is a douche bag.

I voted no just on the math alone.

C

CSINSC

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
No I do NOT think Negreanu will win the wsop ME. I will say anything is possible though. It is possible that when I'm outside running a Powerball winning ticket will fly into my hand, so anything is possible, but NOT likely.

MoryMorte

MoryMorte

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I think both Ivey and Daniel will win WSOP someday. I mean id they don't, who will? lol

E

ekgbeat

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
For everyone who thinks that he will win, I would take odds against it if you limit the time frame from ever to XX number of years. He is a good player, and live events are in his wheel house, but no, he will not win the WSOP Main Event.

MoryMorte

MoryMorte

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I think both Ivey and Daniel will win WSOP someday. I mean id they don't, who will? lol

I wanted to add this:
Daniel I think is the best player around right now. He could use some more aggregation sometimes but he play very good and reads souls!

MoryMorte

MoryMorte

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
For everyone who thinks that he will win, I would take odds against it if you limit the time frame from ever to XX number of years. He is a good player, and live events are in his wheel house, but no, he will not win the WSOP Main Event.

Why you would say that? What you have against him?

E

ekgbeat

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Why you would say that? What you have against him?

I have nothing against him, and as I stated in my post above, I think that he is a great live player. Pure statistics is the main reason why I think that he will never win the Main Event. The player pool is so large that it is a crap shoot that anyone player will win it all. Mark Newhouse was the only player to defy the odds with two final tables (back to back).

Like I said, Negreanu is one of the best live players of his era, and I respect his game. I think the better questions are

Will Daniel Negreanu ever make the final table of the WSOP Main Event? I think that he has been close a couple of times.

Will a top, mainstream poker professional ever win the WSOP Main Event? It is debatable who is a top pro, but I think that "mainstream" is an important qualifier.

proud2Bwhack

proud2Bwhack

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
He needs to come talk to congress and tell them to get their head out of their (deleted) and bring PS back to the US!!! Then he can go win the WSOP ME, but not before. :)

FYI: someone compiled all his hands in the last 11th place WSOP finish and put them on You Tube, he is a joy to watch, learned a lot from him.

theRaven68

theRaven68

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
he is a top player but i voted for No

MrPink514

MrPink514

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
He needs to come talk to congress and tell them to get their head out of their (deleted) and bring PS back to the US!!! Then he can go win the WSOP ME, but not before. :)

FYI: someone compiled all his hands in the last 11th place WSOP finish and put them on You Tube, he is a joy to watch, learned a lot from him.

Yeah, I watched that video. It was actually pretty cool to watch.

A

andreii955

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
everything is possible when play poker ,poker is full of surprises,
I'm not saying that Daniel Negreanu would be a surprise to win

T

Two6JJ

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Such a tough call with only 10-15 chances left at the top of his game. Age may take the endurance required to finish at the top.

John A

John A

Poker Zion Coach
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
The odds are a little against him. :)

MoryMorte

MoryMorte

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I have nothing against him, and as I stated in my post above, I think that he is a great live player. Pure statistics is the main reason why I think that he will never win the Main Event. The player pool is so large that it is a crap shoot that anyone player will win it all. Mark Newhouse was the only player to defy the odds with two final tables (back to back).

Like I said, Negreanu is one of the best live players of his era, and I respect his game. I think the better questions are

Will Daniel Negreanu ever make the final table of the WSOP Main Event? I think that he has been close a couple of times.

Will a top, mainstream poker professional ever win the WSOP Main Event? It is debatable who is a top pro, but I think that "mainstream" is an important qualifier.

Yup. I agree with that. At the end of the day, It is POKER. You get a bad card that you can not get out of it. If someone like Daniel can't minimize the losses to reach to the final table so be it. He play very well and also he is lucky. He hits those gotshots and all all the time lol

T

Turn7

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I suppose he has the capability like Ivey, Hellmuth, ... I like his knowledge of card reading but I think he is talking too much. I prefer a more quiet behaviour.

BBr3

BBr3

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I vote yes only because he plays so well, but with that many players he'll need more than skill. He'll need skill AND luck.

MrPink514

MrPink514

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I vote yes only because he plays so well, but with that many players he'll need more than skill. He'll need skill AND luck.

That's always the case though, for any tournament. But, I get what you're saying.

WSOP