Do you prefer to talk during the game?

63burner

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
The home game, card room, and online..

The fun, low-stakes home game, no pressure involved, talking is cool. Card room, don't want to say much, give the observant players a tell on me.
Online, I turn off chat; one more distraction I can do without.

CylleP

CylleP

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
During the game, I try not to talk - it is distracting. Only at the final table - I can write and wish you luck

MishkaZL

MishkaZL

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
I almost never talk during the game. Conversations are distracting. I try to be as focused as possible on the game and my decisions.

nba2009

nba2009

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
VE
Chips
If sometimes I talk to the other players it makes the game more fun and trained and if you are in a bubble it relieves the pressure hahaha

19aleks57

19aleks57

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BY
Chips
At the poker table, I answer only greetings, conversations for amateurs.

Dailon Arroyo Blandon

Dailon Arroyo Blandon

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
CR
Chips
Well ... in my case ... I usually pass in silence during tournaments ... once in a while I greet a friend who is at the same table with me ... mainly when I play Cardschat tournaments ...!

M

mtmigmike

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I don't talk during the game, it distracts me and I lose concentration.

partz

partz

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
From time to time yes, but mostly of the time i dont

R

Rabberto71

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Chips
Yeah, I like to chat with my mates when we’re playing our home game, can be quite funny when someone goes really quiet when they’re not normally, proper giveaway:D:rolleyes:

J

JAAMEZz

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
depends on the type, i cannot stand abuse, ESP at the micro stakes level. like you cant talk like hellmuth playing .25$ mtt. but i love joking and talking about hands and spots after

GRIN281289

GRIN281289

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I used to like to talk while playing, but due to poor knowledge of English, I began to lose concentration, as a result of which I began to lose. Talking while playing is very interesting and fun, it’s a pity that I don’t have such an opportunity. There is a great desire to learn English, but as always there is not enough time, so you have to play in silence.

W

woodeng

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I do not talk and I mute everyone else online . . . I am not interested in other people's chatter and I am certain they would not be interested in mine. In live poker I wear ear bugs, much like on an airplane I have no interest in socializing with someone I plan to only spend a limited amount of time with.

spectralwave

spectralwave

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
never talk in the poker game because it can take my concentration off the game and have a tel in the game.

Leeyonah96

Leeyonah96

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
For me I want to fcus so I am quiet during my game

LadderingUp

LadderingUp

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Live Im super quiet. Almost annoyingly quiet lol.

D

Dangames8282

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
live I talk a lot, I play, I make the most of the players, online I look like a machine and everyone

R

Richardszabo

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
It’s not really a problem to chat while playing poker. I don’t like to talk much, so I like to short the conversation. So absolutely no problem!

P

PLAYFUL1

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Absolutely I talk up a storm,, greeting, hi5 and I talk just like u see here. Sometimes much to much for my own good lol. ,Just like I like to play multiple tables because I seem to get too bored. So its talking and multiple tables.

danoscar

danoscar

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
No sir. I do not. It may be a chewing gum and walking thing...I can not talk and play poker at the same time. Old man Karma.

Last edited:
RickoNNN

RickoNNN

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
no, in itself, I am not very sociable, I like to be silent and I have no problems with that, but if they speak to me I will respond with kindness. as it should be.

recerveau

recerveau

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
If I talk during the game, I lose my concentration, I start talking and I don't stop.

It depends, I think this is more from person to person. You have to find the balance.

TheNutz4You

TheNutz4You

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
i like to keep to myself personally, but don't mind a little chit chat now n then.

tihomir_kula

tihomir_kula

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BG
Chips
Sometimes I sleep during the game, but hate to talk.

Luvepoker

Luvepoker

Lost in the twilight zone
Community Guide
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
I am very quite by nature and dont talk as much as others at the table but when i am at a friendly table I do join in and enjoy the conversations. There have been time I never said a work other than raise or call and others where it was like hanging out with friend laughing and joking around.

Top 10 Games