Status
Not open for further replies.
U

utilizatorus

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
of course, A A, it's thedream hand in any position, especially early position with a trappy style. :D but k k in the button it is really dangerous, because the button have the most less credibility and often gets called by a bunch of speculative cards. ussualy, in these days poker, whoever holds an ace will call the button no matter what. any suited connectors will call too, it is really dangerous with k k in button, it depends on how aggresive you play this hand. but again, a a is the dream hand, give that hand to me in any opsition and i will make the most of it. :D

Tinie107

Tinie107

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Anyone that chooses KK must be silly, why would you rather have a weaker hand even if you are in position? I'm choosing AA all day obviously.

TheKid84

TheKid84

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
AA>KK easily.

If I'm holding K's and an A flops to my preflop bet, I'm saying every curse word in the book in my head.

If I'm holding A's and an A flops to my preflop bet, I'm pissing myself with enjoyment. :)

M

mmmhookers

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
definatly kk on the button postion is everything!

nc_royals

nc_royals

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
definatly kk on the button postion is everything!
I want your KK on the button against my AA in the SB. Goodluck with your position.... and your two outer.

C

chrispitt

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
I prefer AA on the SB.

R3DRANG3R

R3DRANG3R

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
does position really matters when you have AAs? i mean its great to be on the button, sb or bb with AAs but i'd take AAs on any position.

Tom1559

Tom1559

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Bit of a no brainer for me. AA any seat every day of the week.

S3mper

S3mper

Poker Not Checkers
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
does position really matters when you have AAs? i mean its great to be on the button, sb or bb with AAs but i'd take AAs on any position.

ABSOLUTLEY!!! It seems the majority in this thread doesn't seem that position matters with AA?!?!? Yes I would take AA out of position rather then having KK in position but AA in position does matter.

Only good spot I can see with AA out of position is UTG or early position where if you decide to limp and another player raises either with a big hand or trying a squeeze play...

AA is a monster but its not invincible there are lots of flops that come out that are scary to AA and playing those flops out of position is usually harder then in position

Also on a non scary flop for your AA its better to have position because its not just about winning with AA its getting max value with AA and more often then not its easier to get max value off your opponent in position

Poker is played at its highest level post flop not pre flop and the edge goes to the person with position. Yes I'll take AA at any spot but position does matter no matter what 2 cards you hold.

Aleksei

Aleksei

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Why would you ever limp in AA UTG outside a super turbo format?

S3mper

S3mper

Poker Not Checkers
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips

Really? limping in early position with a big hand can be a great move against a LAG table or if some one wakes up with a hand...

Heres an example of slow playing AA UTG Preflop its a great move even though he gets unlucky

S3mper

S3mper

Poker Not Checkers
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips

On top of that you would think that a super turbo format would be a type of MTT where you wouldn't want to limp and be more aggressive... I think you got it backwards...

P

PokerSwag

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
AA btn. again despite the worse position your odds are always going to be better.

WVHillbilly

WVHillbilly

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
This thread is still going?

Here are some actual results (just under 500 hands for each example) to end this silly discussion.

AA in the SB: 1368 bb/100
KK on the BTN: 512 bb/100

That should just about do it.

Aleksei

Aleksei

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Really? limping in early position with a big hand can be a great move against a LAG table or if some one wakes up with a hand...
Not really because Aces have no redraws, so they play horribly multiway. And then if you limp-3b you might as well scream to the winds you have AA so you'll never get any action.

I would minraise in a relatively tight table because I minraise everything for balance, but I'd never limp AA. Ever.

On top of that you would think that a super turbo format would be a type of MTT where you wouldn't want to limp and be more aggressive... I think you got it backwards...
Well the key here is that stacks are redonkulously short in a super-turbo, so it doesn't take much to put you all-in. Therefore you don't have any room to play postflop, and most raises put you at risk of a shove. Therefore with Aces you follow the following formula:

-Limp.
-Wait for someone to try and iso you.
-3bet shove over the raise.
-Profit.

Blobweird123

Blobweird123

CC's very own Dead Head
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
-Limp.
-Profit.

-Or just raise and have them shove with more marginal hands, like they always do in super turbos.
-Profit.

Your way goes like this:

-Limp.
-Get 4 callers.
-Flop comes 9s 10s, Jh and now you hate limping.

vinylspiros

vinylspiros

PIRANHA-------->< (((º>
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
-Or just raise and have them shove with more marginal hands, like they always do in super turbos.
-Profit.

Your way goes like this:

-Limp.
-Get 4 callers.
-Flop comes 9s 10s, Jh and now you hate limping.[/quote]
LMFAO,i hate spots like this. why cant they just gimme a dry flop. 1 TIMME 1 TIMMEE.

S3mper

S3mper

Poker Not Checkers
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
Not really because Aces have no redraws, so they play horribly multiway. And then if you limp-3b you might as well scream to the winds you have AA so you'll never get any action.

I would minraise in a relatively tight table because I minraise everything for balance, but I'd never limp AA. Ever.

Well the key here is that stacks are redonkulously short in a super-turbo, so it doesn't take much to put you all-in. Therefore you don't have any room to play postflop, and most raises put you at risk of a shove. Therefore with Aces you follow the following formula:

-Limp.
-Profit.

I think never limping AA is a mistake, not saying you should do it often but switching up your game is a good way to get paid off with AA.

And as far as 3 betting after limping AA screaming AA the video I posted above seems to disagree with you where he limped 4 bet with AA and got shoved on...
Also please note I said against a LAG table and not against a tight table. Also you don't have to 3 bet with Aces after limping if some one raises and its going to be HU to the flop if you flat call theres a great spot to trap by just flatting.

To say you will never limp with AA is not adjusting to the table play IMO

M

makaay1

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
That isnt a hard decision at all, AA ofcourse. Whenever i play kk always an ace pops up and i get beaten, not that i dont lose with aa too often... but aa is alway very nice to have.

X

xlmnx

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
JJ ALL DAY

My jj will rock your AA KK all day Bebe. No on the real life i prefer AA in all cases except one, that is 99 this hand is lock pokers favorite hand try it out 8). Im new to cardschat justdid my intro post yesterday hope my advice works out for somone. Dont be strangers everyone!! Best of luck to all!!

E

Ejtoday0302

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
aa on the sb for sure

barracuuuda

barracuuuda

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
ill take AA on the sb any day

PLAYINBIG

PLAYINBIG

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
A/A in the SB,because if BB has K/K he or she is prob gonna call 95% of the time or re raise you preflop.

M

MAX101

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I'll take the pocket A's on the sb, but then I'll take pocket A's in any position I'm gonna raise the crap out of it any way lol :icon_salu

TeUnit

TeUnit

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
player and situational dependent-the answer is which ever one would allow you to have the most ev

Status
Not open for further replies.