Do you play using the statistics or do you play by feel?

D

danydidi

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
It's been 25 years I play and sometimes I win big ,I have never used statistics .I done believe in it

A

anicool

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I do not have a hud so I play by feeling and my opponent behavior.

dimon4ik89

dimon4ik89

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
I completely agree with you. I believe that a true professional must feel the game and his opponents at the poker table. Very often statistics show that a player is loose, but this time he was dealt AA or KK. I think that no two hands are the same, and each hand should be treated individually. Statistics in general make it clear how a person plays; they are beneficial, but you cannot fully rely on them. I tried to play with the software, but I don't have any fun with it, and now I play without it.

thwenth1983

thwenth1983

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
Good morning everyone, poker is a people's game and the more information you have about the villain, the better your decision to make a move will be.
It's much easier to win tournaments when you win big pots and these are usually pots where you have information about the villain, it will be easier to win or avoid losing chips.
Two tools that in my opinion are essential: a HUD and shark consultation.
Several times I have to make a decision on the river when I'm in the final stretch of a tournament and the jackpot is big and I have to decide whether to match when a villain goes all in or goes up and up and I have a hand that could have value, usually when I consult
The sharkscope and the villain's graphics are a loser, I'm winning and when the villain has very good graphics, I can easily retire and stay alive in the tournament.

mateuszjason

mateuszjason

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
PL
Chips
A winning online pro playing high stakes told me an important thing se if I don't have the stats of a particular player on a minimum of 1,million hands then that stat is.worth nothing.

D

dompoker

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I don't even use a program to play games, I don't think it's good for anything.

dreamer13

dreamer13

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
LV
Chips
Statistics, in my opinion, have a bad habit of convincing you, especially if you are a beginner, to do things that you shouldn't do. In large networks, where new players appear monthly and old ones disappear, as well as for multi-tabling, statistics are still more likely to be needed than not.I need statistics to immediately visually divide my opponents into outright fish and regulars. And, by the way, it’s rare to say something about the strength of the latter’s play. The second function of statistics is to prevent you from getting into any obvious marginal situation preflop.

fernandofcp

fernandofcp

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I play by intuition of the moment. Every decision I make in each hand played depends heavily on the moment of the game. I don't play for statistics.

P

Peteski84

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
When a 90% winning hand can be destroyed. Stats can't possibly claim to dominate. I preferred feel, intuition in online poker. Try to keep it fun, not a chore.

A

Axmanace

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Statistics, in my opinion, have a bad habit of convincing you, especially if you are a beginner, to do things that you shouldn't do. In large networks, where new players appear monthly and old ones disappear, as well as for multi-tabling, statistics are still more likely to be needed than not.I need statistics to immediately visually divide my opponents into outright fish and regulars. And, by the way, it’s rare to say something about the strength of the latter’s play. The second function of statistics is to prevent you from getting into any obvious marginal situation preflop.

This is only true; imo, if you don’t understand how to use statistics.

Problem with feelings - they can be taken advantage of.

Statistics can’t be.

R

rufininha14

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
BR
Chips
I definitely play both ways, statistics are necessary but sometimes there is that intuition of not playing certain hands, and in the end if I hadn't followed it I would have lost the game.

hardongear

hardongear

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
CA
Chips
Both. The lower the stakes the less I use the HUD for decisions. The higher stakes I play the more I depend on and use the HUD in decision making. I still depend a lot on feel, experience and in the moment though.

Cheers!!!

Iryna Stryzheuskaya

Iryna Stryzheuskaya

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BY
Chips
Of course, if the room allows it. Why give an advantage to your opponent?

Tech101205

Tech101205

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Both are helpful and important to make decisions at table
We gotta use every possible tactics and knowledge we have to beat opponents

emgesi

emgesi

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
BG
Chips
As much as possible use the statistics that lead the respective tournament.To watch and make decisions accordingly for a little tight game.For cash games I don't know what statistics you would use to your advantage. 🙂🙂🙂

888NOX888

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I have a free version of hand2note installed, it collects some data, but I rarely look at statistics.

fryderyk

fryderyk

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
PL
Chips
By feel, statistics do not reflect the actual game, today you play differently tomorrow, experience and knowledge with feeling are more effective. Statistics are a summary, and a player who plays variably is unpredictable and you always need a bit of luck to emerge victorious from the game.

Gh0stL

Gh0stL

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
PE
Chips
I play without tools only with information about the players.

D

darkgonz

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
PE
Chips
I play at partypoker and the room does not allow you to use the statistics while you are at a table, to take advantage of your opponents, but if I move to another room like pokerstars I think it would be very helpful when exploiting opponents and especially recreational ones.

ninocabral

ninocabral

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
the vast majority of the time I play for statistics, well every now and then I play for the feelings of wanting to call a hand that isn't meant to call, I think you have to separate feeling and play

cwdignus

cwdignus

Carpe diem
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
I've never played with HUD, I've only trained ICM trainer, I think it's enough to have good intuition and winning instinct