Do you play using the statistics or do you play by feel?

pentazepam

pentazepam

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
SE
Chips
Never used a HUD. Proud "Feel Player".

scobido

scobido

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I don't use and I haven't used any statistics, I rely on intuition given that I play online and of course luck also plays an important role.

Lena M

Lena M

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
Hi :)
I play relying on my skills, experience, and of course I hope for luck. I don't use any additional software, I just watch my opponents play and patiently wait for a good, promising situation.

Gavincwb

Gavincwb

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
80% statistics
20% feeling

If you use both together you can make a lot of profit.

R

redmast

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I've never been interested in poker statistics. I play based on my experience.

JetmirDulja

JetmirDulja

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
GR
Chips
Up until now I play by feel … statistics and hand strength is nothing if you don’t make the board and the opponent is tough

Richi1965

Richi1965

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
NL
Chips
i play to often on emotion i know it is not good but sometimes it feels good:cool:

Andrii Lubentsov

Andrii Lubentsov

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
I don't use statistics or other poker software. I only use my skill.

Goggelheimer

Goggelheimer

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Statistics may be a help, but the sample size matter there a lot.
So not always.

luckyfish98

luckyfish98

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
LV
Chips
it's always good to get more information about a player, unfortunately it's hard, that's why we lose so much and make mistakes

ShaDoWGuarD

ShaDoWGuarD

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
I would like to be able to play only according to statistics, but in my case this is not possible. I'm not that good a player, but my poker experience has developed a sense of intuition that it often helps me make good decisions. No, I certainly have an idea of my chances in this or that giveaway, but this is all superficial knowledge.

lilypond

lilypond

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
GB
Chips
I use stats to help me in my decisions, such as whether to play a hand or to fold after the flop. I think, in some situations, such as when to go all-in during a tournament it's really important to play strategically and use stats.

Enotions help to get a read on the opponent, but it depends what kind of game you are playing. If the players are new to you, it can be harder to predict their actions.

jasioo

jasioo

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
PL
Chips
When it comes to tournaments, I play by feel,
but when it comes to cash games, I always play using statistics that allow me to determine the opponent's range.
But I only use the basic:
VPIP - calling range,
PFR - raise range,
AGG-aggression factor (tells me if i have to increase pot by my self or opponent helps me ;))
hands - tells me how many hands entered the statistics, i.e. how accurate they are.

I omit the remaining statistics because to be representative you need to have several thousand hands

Pokerpoet2

Pokerpoet2

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
Some times it is better to go with your "Gut Instincts", Playing by the numbers is fine but you become predictable and other players can see that in your game play, You start to become more robotic in your actions which they can pick up on.
That is why you can read other players "Tells" and outsmart them, because you can predict what your opponent is going to do before they even think about doing it.

IRINA70

IRINA70

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BY
Chips
I use to play with statistics in cash game till it become forbidden. There were a notification from poker stars so I stopped . Now I'm playing mostly tournaments and I don't feel like I need any HUD help in my play.

Mag_P1e

Mag_P1e

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
I have never used statistics, but I feel enormous pressure from the very fact of their existence - everywhere it seems to me that the enemy is playing so aggressively against me because of the large percentage of folds vs 3bet, missed c-bet, and so on. This is why ggpoker is my favorite room, because you can't use software there.

LaNimmer

LaNimmer

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
I make no excuses or apologies for my poker performance, sometimes good sometimes bad, but I always play by instinct. I never use any analytics, solvers. or HUDs. I try to adhere to what is recommended on entry hands and positions charts (but only in my head, and probably looser than recommended. I read a lot and learn by playing many hands. Oh, and I can't do the math fast enough for it to help.

CataRouillet

CataRouillet

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
AR
Chips
I use a little of both. I think statistics are often important. But sometimes I decide by feeling.

Stanley Aguiar

Stanley Aguiar

Enthusiast
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
Technically both, but I do the statistics in my head, I don't use any other resources.

GeckoAA

GeckoAA

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I don’t have a HUD. I play by feel, intuition and doing my best to remember information on other players by taking notes.

E

Easylu

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
PE
Chips
I play without using any statistics program, I prefer to concentrate on the players at each table playing, unless I have more than 6 tables in play if I would use the programs

MathMDI

MathMDI

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
BR
Chips
At first I played a lot following the statistics, but now I already have a good enough feeling to keep up without having to calculate.

Alex Sentsov

Alex Sentsov

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I'm using hm3. Sometimes it helps)