Do you play poker to get lucky?

redboy23

redboy23

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
There are times in poker when no luck can help, the nuts is the nuts. The luck comes when you shove without seeing the cards and hope to hit and win. I try to avoid those situation until I have 10 big blinds or less. I am beginning to appreciate small balling more and more of late. I admit that you do need luck sometimes but after the deck has been shuffle, the die is cast and it is just a matter of exposing them in sequence. Hey, it adds to the excitement. Rely on skill when you can and outplay your opponent, but count your lucky stars or at least depend on lady luck when you have shoved and find your opponent with a monster.

I play poker to test my skill in the spirit of competition and smile when I get lucky.

Last edited:
J

jekan85

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
why not? if it’s lucky it would be nice

M

Manifestor

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Omaha eliminates less chance for simple luck, and if you play really well then your every pass must be the nuts, only in such cases you will win, but to count the odds on the nuts in hold'em is much more difficult because with two cards it can be any combination

tihomir_kula

tihomir_kula

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BG
Chips
Yes, poker makes my day sunny, although outside is cloudy.

MattRyder

MattRyder

🍏 Tech That Works!
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I realized that some good poker players play just too lucky maybe its the thrill of landing a bad beat. Do you play to get lucky or play to avoid someone getting lucky on you?
I definitely play for the thrill of getting lucky. Happens once every 6 - 12 months without fail. It's hard to describe the feeling, but it's worth the wait.

N

naVeela

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Stop playing bad hands and your play will improve 100%, which means you definetely play for skill and not luck.

L

Ltech

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Lucky moments

On bad beats i think of the day the luck turn on me on a big tourney. That thinking made stay calm and wait for my chance, only those who tried gets to win.

kolyasik77777

kolyasik77777

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Initially, regarded poker as a hobby and played for fun, probably more hoping for luck. But now it's caught up in skill and more treated as additional earnings. Although fun, the game has become less to bring.

leogetz79

leogetz79

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
i dont, but i guess that in the last 3 weeks everyone else is getting against me. i never being on a bad streak like this. is getting ridiculous

Serbianbeauty

Serbianbeauty

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I am trying to play odds in my favor and gain experience to see what works and does not work for me. I do not figure luck in, but I am always happy if some finds my way when I make a bad decision and miss something and still win. Maybe if I played that way, I would take more risks and play more suited connectors for the luck of hitting a straight or flush more often.

TerryBLE

TerryBLE

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
(x) Hobby with possibility of remuneration

C

Canwai

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
You need be very lucky.
Good luck to everyone
[emoji857][emoji857][emoji857]

M

marcumx

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
the hands i play and betting patterns def has altered since more ppl play to get lucky and will call anything to the river to get lucky

E

ekgbeat

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I play for the mental challenge that poker offers. I also play for the thrills of a big win, but I'm trying to curve that down everyday.

W

who115

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I play to win!! Anyone who doesn't I would like to have at my table!!

kowrip

kowrip

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I play poker because I enjoy the game and I'm looking to use my skills to make some big cashes in tournaments. There aren't many places where I can make a $100 - $300 investment and potentially win $100,000. This is certainly possible in a multi-day poker tournament. Let's face it. If you know the basics of playing poker and you happen to get a little lucky, you can make a serious run in a poker tournament. Look no further than the wsop main event. So many of the finalists are fairly new to the game. Prior to their 1st/2nd place finishes, Scott Blumstein and Dan Ott had only a few thousand in poker winnings. Now, they are millionaires.

57noona

57noona

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
I realized that some good poker players play just too lucky maybe its the thrill of landing a bad beat. Do you play to get lucky or play to avoid someone getting lucky on you?

I don't play to be lucky or have someone get lucky on me. I play poker because it is a hard game to play and one can never really master it. In poker the game changes when a new person joins the table or when one leaves the table. That is what makes poker the best game that I've played.

T

tayday79

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
poker is a game of skill and luck. i play for both

GGrinder

GGrinder

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
no i play to win its the other guy who gets lucky :(

Flatran

Flatran

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
although poker is a game that is strongly based on luck, you have to know how to accompany luck and also look for it when it is due.

Transcendence

Transcendence

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I play professionally, I have little to unsettle! I make my own luck, I'm responsible for my own game, and I'm the only one! I know everything, so I'm ready for anything!

1sunchin

1sunchin

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Good player can play with maximum good luck and minimum bad luck for itself using own skills.