Do you play poker to get lucky?

Havik

Havik

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I realized that some good poker players play just too lucky maybe its the thrill of landing a bad beat. Do you play to get lucky or play to avoid someone getting lucky on you?

tauri103

tauri103

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
no I play poker to win and achieve my goals. Luck is what happens when preparation meets the opportunity. "Doyle Brunson

EVA777

EVA777

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I like the game of Poker, so I play! Hope to win supports excitement! Who does not dream to be lucky?
vJlivJXwN0Q.jpg

infonazar

infonazar

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
I always try to be patient and make the right decisions. Of course, luck in poker is also very important, but nonetheless, I am convinced that my experience and skills have a much greater potential.

demibar

demibar

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
GR
Chips
I am playing poker cause I like poker, no matter if luck it's not on my side.

MrPokerVerse

MrPokerVerse

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Never thought of it in that context. Have to say, wouldn't want to play any game with the sole objective being luck. Avoiding someone getting lucky on me would be them being behind and they came back? Guess to answer the question, I'll take option two, avoiding someone getting lucky on me.

Ranish625

Ranish625

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I just play poker, it's my favorite hobby, and I think it makes me a little happier, but if I make a big score, I'll be very happy.

D

dregan

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I play to win some pocket money. I do not expect from my game of golden mountains. I look at everything real.

smknginmaine

smknginmaine

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I play to win. Focus on getting lucky after the game :)
:smokin:

CTAPYXA

CTAPYXA

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I'm not a sucker for luck. Unfortunately, this happens in freerolls and low range games in microlimit. Impossible to play. But my bankroll won't allow it any more.

juliannorei

juliannorei

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I believe that I should have more information of the site more detailed because the beginners to get scared suffer rsrs, but they are congratulations for the work, I do not speak much English but I am trying to interact and participate in the community

M

molokheia

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Hi There
I would change your post
Do you get lucky and then play?
I Think so Its better anyway
Rgds

Eric Salvador

Eric Salvador

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I play to win. Whether that be luck or skill. When you're betting or calling with a strong draws you need luck and when you float or call with implied odds you need luck as well.

Cody5991

Cody5991

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I don't really take much of a luck approach to poker at all as I believe more in skill than in luck...

U

Ultfrozen

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
at the end of time you realize that luck here is not the most important place)

pdcactus1

pdcactus1

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
WHY play Poker?????

upon reading this question it surprised me that I had to review my inner feelings for the true answer. After considerable thought, I guess there is only one answer. First, as the many years have gone by I've learned that #1 there is no mastering this game.
#2 usually when you are 100% sure of the outcome it changes to the opposite.
#3 There is no measure of Skill after a point in your life other then, are you in the Red or in the Black.
#4 You can never be right all of the time.
now, with all this said, I personally feel the only reason I play this game is for monetary profit. If I had all the money a person can use I'm sure I would never play again except as a possible challenge.

Poker is a game of the Mind.

:drunken_s:ahhhhh::sleep:

kara260588

kara260588

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I like poker luck if it's on my side. But she very often confronts me, considering that the opponent will be more interesting to help.

TheniT

TheniT

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
Luck in poker should not be considered since in the long run luck and bad luck are the same.

N

Nano5722

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Good poker players are good in the game, because they know how to play the game.
Of course, you need to get luck, especially in online poker, where many strange things happens. But you still need to understand how to play this game, because bad poker players can,t win anything at all.

Newzooozooo

Newzooozooo

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
Hi.
Without a doubt, luck in poker is a very important factor. But successful players count on themselves, for their patience, discipline and experience.
Good luck.

S

sergo1203

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
who does not dream to win? Who does not dream of winning a big prize? I think very, very many people. everyone wants to catch luck by the tail and fly forward with it.

M

mtmigmike

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
There are poker players who are constantly lucky and you can't do anything with it, except for skill, you also need luck.

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
I like poker, I love this game and regardless of whether I win something or lose, I will still play !!!

Rob Hobson

Rob Hobson

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
I realized that some good poker players play just too lucky maybe its the thrill of landing a bad beat. Do you play to get lucky or play to avoid someone getting lucky on you?
Hi,
I believe you did mean gamble all the time playing poker, hunting luck.

I tell you I play poker, jus like our friend already said at a posting above, to achieve my goals, to increase my bankroll. If someone plays poker with similar reasons, should not rely on luck, not totally. Just have a look on the basics and check it out.:icon_stud

But, of course, we have fun gambling, for example, playing that types of tourneys where the blinds structures are fast and the number of players are very huge; Mostily there's no way to survive these tourneys early stages without gambling.

But If you are very concerned in get in ITM (In The Money), in regular tournaments and play serious cash games, the real fun is win money in a good rate and the lady luck is only very welcome when come along.

But, anyway, good luck!:)!

Last edited:
Syltan

Syltan

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
No luck anywhere, I play that it would be always lucky.