Do you play music while playing poker?

A

agriggy

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
i sometimes play music when i play poker it helps me forget when i lose hands that involve
monster pots .:D:D:D:D:icon_thum:icon_thum:icon_thum:icon_thum:stupid::stupid::party:

Yes , helps me relax and stops fro gettin bored when not in hands.

I

induce

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
good question! i also deal with this everytime i play.

because i'm superstitious (i would bet we all are), my answer for you would change depending on my mood. it would then also change depending on the results of what happened the previous time.

U

urachicho

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Yes, I listen to Ludovico Einaudi's sad & motivational songs, it's funny but they help me a lot, it's strange that sad songs motivate me to get over my bad beats & start strong, weird..

dcproster

dcproster

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
When I play the early stage I can even watch a film or a serial, but when I play late stage or final table, I usually listen to music or switch off all.

X

xxgsaint5501xx

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
i sometimes play music when i play poker it helps me forget when i lose hands that involve
monster pots .:D:D:D:D:icon_thum:icon_thum:icon_thum:icon_thum:stupid::stupid::party:

I play music while playing on the internet because it helps me relax and smooths over the variance. However I think it is a big mistake to play music when playing live because 1) it makes you isolated from the table and 2) makes you miss a ton of valuable information that many many live players cannot help themselves in providing to you.

M

marcumx

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
here in my state every summer they hold an olympic type event and i think they're about to add poker as well which at first i was excited but then thought about it and deemed it to be stupid. while it would be fun, in all likely hood you'd be paying to play only to win a silly medal. if there's a cash prize also i'd be for it but here poker tournaments can only be held for charity

Vfranks

Vfranks

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I tend to watch YouTube when playing online poker, but when I play live I like to pay close attention to everything. I should probably not being watching things while playing online, but I like the background noise.

I

Ivan Zaruba

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Not only do I listen to music, but also watch the TV ...

ReoRekop

ReoRekop

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
it's a distraction, much better game without music

ReoRekop

ReoRekop

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
poker is a mental game, there is the key to know if it is for you

I

insaneiam

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
If i play music when playing poker its normally from texas holdem radio or ace high radio. because of the freeroll or tournament I am playing in. I do this in order to keep up on information regarding said tournament. Otherwise I have the tv on for background noise.

M

mara2259

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Poker is entertainment for me, so during the game I do all the other things, from watching TV to cleaning the apartment. I like to listen to music very much and try not to combine it with poker.

Pepitcho23

Pepitcho23

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Yes I always listen music , that's make good atmosphere. I can relax myself, drink coffee, start the computer, and start play pokerstars.
I cannot win tournament without good atmosphere. It's important when you have to took decision.
Peace:p

Garfield52

Garfield52

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
No music for me while playing cards. I like it nice and quiet.

J

JAAMEZz

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
not music, but more often watching twitch or youtube.

M

molokheia

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Hi There
For me it all depends on the mood of the day
Sometimes listen to classic rock others soft music and sometimes the quietness is great to focus and concentrate
Today....classic rock will do

Rgds

S

sergo1203

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Today I have the mood, I listen to Manowar !!!

Asixx014

Asixx014

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
I HAVE to have music when I play online. It drowns out the silence, sets a pace/tone and keeps me focused. Live however, I feel disconnected a bit. There's a lot that can be gleamed from table talk and sounds players make with chips or grunts etc. That's just my opinion though haha

C

Cdub512

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Online, usually. Helps me stay focused. Live, sometimes. I didn't listen to music once when I played at RIU Reno. Everyone was nice, having fun and chatting. If it's something like WSOPC, I'll probably listen to music, at least at the early levels

RagNar87

RagNar87

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
RO
Chips
yes it helps me to not get bored , sometimes when i favorite song plays it makes me hyped and i go in like an idiot bluffing and i lose

D

DamocValentin

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Yes because is giving me a good feeling and a good state. This helps me a lot through the games

N

narc

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Electronic music is the best to listen to while playing.

L

luskata27

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Of course. It works quite soothing to me at times. And the steppe is pop

Entrik

Entrik

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Yes, it happens when I go to the plus, I turn on some kind of tuber and listen and dance under) try the mood rises)