Chips
I have poker podcasts on instead of music - keeps me focused

G

gwj63

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
i sometimes play music when i play poker it helps me forget when i lose hands that involve
monster pots .:D:D:D:D:icon_thum:icon_thum:icon_thum:icon_thum:stupid::stupid::party:
Yes I do
Listen to sports radio too

HAMC81

HAMC81

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
yes always music, or a podcast is a good idea too

takinitSLEAZEE

takinitSLEAZEE

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
But of course. There are certain algorithms in music; tempos that sync-up w/the table rhythm. I've found this is true in live games as well. Sounds a bit trippy or whatever but it does make a difference. Chemical Bros., Ministry, Korn, Tool, and Primus are some of the bands that seem to help me. Then again every1 plays to the beat of a different drummer.

V

Viktor Krysko

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
No, I'm watching a movie while playing poker

This Fish Chums

This Fish Chums

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Mood altering playlists

I have several "mood altering" playlists that I listen to while playing online. If I'm feeling down I listen to "Feel Good" music to level myself out. If I'm feeling excited I listed to "Mellow" music to lower my energy level. And when I need to be all out aggressive I have a "Heavy" playlist. Music has been proven to alter moods, so why not use it to get in the right one.
I don't listen to music playing live because I have a hard enough time focusing and hearing what is going on, plus I think it's rude when people listening to music are constantly asking what last bet was.

C

clasrasmusso

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Watching TV while playing, it's a nice combination.

sergik1992

sergik1992

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Sometimes I`m listening to the radio.

F

fernando21

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Depends on the genre, I have found it can be a distraction. Classical Music supposedly helps you think, so try that and tell me hehe.

starlord2014

starlord2014

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Always listen to music when online, but at live table nah, enjoy the trash talking from others at table it's very fun and makes the table interesting.

A

aj88xa869

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Yes definitely. Playing music helps some people to relax and think in stressful situations, which is obviously critical on the poker table. Also, I find it much easier to suffer and overcome the negative feelings from bad beats when I have Bob Marley soothing my soul in the background.

Although some music and sounds, especially at a significant volume, will surely be distracting for me.

A

aj88xa869

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I have several "mood altering" playlists that I listen to while playing online. If I'm feeling down I listen to "Feel Good" music to level myself out. If I'm feeling excited I listed to "Mellow" music to lower my energy level. And when I need to be all out aggressive I have a "Heavy" playlist. Music has been proven to alter moods, so why not use it to get in the right one.
I don't listen to music playing live because I have a hard enough time focusing and hearing what is going on, plus I think it's rude when people listening to music are constantly asking what last bet was.

Great. I agree with this 100%. Exactly how I go about it. Good to know manners still exist!!

1k95

1k95

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
You can control your emotions by associating a certain melody with certain impulses in your brain. This can save you from losses, return you confidence in your actions, give you more determination and attentiveness.
I listen to relaxing, light Jazz music.

TheMuffier

TheMuffier

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Great question,

I recently stopped listening to music with lyrics while playing because my inpacable taste in music meant that I was singing along way too much when i should have been focused.

I do listen to a Spotify playlist called cinematic chillout if I want some sort of music but I mostly prefer silence now.
I find that when theres nothing else distracting my mind, it has no option but to get into the game. I actually think better and plan ahead a lot more when there's no music playing.

The silence is uncomfortable at first but it's worth it.

Music is a distraction because certain songs tend to remind you of certain things, every time that happens, your mind wanders and you go in autopilot as oppose to actively being engaged.

R

Reno422

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Music

i sometimes play music when i play poker it helps me forget when i lose hands that involve
monster pots .:D:D:D:D:icon_thum:icon_thum:icon_thum:icon_thum:stupid::stupid::party:

Rock and roll helps while waiting for slower players to make up their minds.

R

Reno422

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Also when waiting for multi-tables to fill.

H

hookmeout

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Sometimes I do . If somebody needs to focus a lot not sure it will help

D

Das4ever

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I always listen for music it helps me to tilt less which I often do.

I

insaneiam

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I like to play music while Im playing poker, the sounds of the cards tend to get a little ya know after a couple hours. the music makes it all more pleasing I think. plus it helps my overall attitude when I'm in a folding frenzy.

B

Beomenas

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Sure, chill music to focus on my cards.