Do you play music while playing poker?

S

sylar_651

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Always

I always listen to music when I play. usually country or rock. unless the Vikings are playing then I have that on in the background.

gabpoker

gabpoker

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
i play music while playing online but not while playing live. I do have a poker warm up play list for live.

I find that live I want to focus on the players at the table. Online it gives me some background noise that helps me focus.

swannymojo

swannymojo

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Recently while playing i open up a "Rainy mood" tab online and play upbeat chill music like Ben rector or Jack johnson. Music is a must for me.

When I'm in 'god mode' kendrick comes out...

AlexDriver

AlexDriver

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Sometimes I listen to music when I play. Usually disco 80's, because i like it.

S

SweetLemonz

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
For live games it depends on how chatty my table are , if people arent always got at least 1 ear piece in listening to music , then always either watch videos or listen to music for online poker

R

RB89

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
i sometimes play music when i play poker it helps me forget when i lose hands that involve
monster pots .:D:D:D:D:icon_thum:icon_thum:icon_thum:icon_thum:stupid::stupid::party:

Love setting a vibe to my session - the only issue is sometimes I find myself distracted with the music instead of making conscious decisions on the virtual felt -_-

M

maximmaxim

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
funny but yes, otherwise I will die of boredom, but without music I play better more thoughtfully, but the game is more fun with music

Last edited:
B

bighead22

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
I almost always listen to music, but I could see why people might think it could distract you from the game.

12345djon

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Listening to music is better than watching a movie; you are not distracted and focus only on the game.

P

paapcity

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I always listen to music when i play poker.
Mostly pick a playlist on youtube and play it not to loud, so it dont distract me to much.

AgentXtreme

AgentXtreme

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
For me music while playing is something necessary , it helps me concentrate and also break the long duration of tournaments for example.

alienat3d

alienat3d

easy-going alien grinder
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Yes I do, I just can't other way, as I'm a melomaniac. I listen music like 6 till 12 hours per day, depends on what am I doing. If I'm at home, it's close to 12 hours in average. :musicus:

When I play poker I prefer to choose some relaxed genres, something like light Jazzy Chillout, Lo-Fi, Ambient, Dub, Reggae or New age music. Anything that chills down my mind. :bandit:

I did some experiments already listening to Heavy Metal, Hard Rock, Trance or Drum'n'Bass music, while I been playing poker. :thrasher::rock: Well.. it's not what I can recommend you to do.. Those genres are very cool energetic and I love it pretty much to listen, when I'm riding my bike, work at my garden or just for home cleaning (any physical activity actually). It works like energy drink for me :coffee:, gives me extra power and better tempo at what I'm doing. :willy:

But it's deadly for poker, at least for me. I become way too loose and aggressive, doing too many thoughtless insta-calls or too much of bluffing. :joyman: Music influences mindset a lot. So there should be careful choice of music for playing poker. :deal:

fa1920

fa1920

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I really do it when I remember, I usually play without realizing that I'm not playing music. Therefore, it is not necessary for me

Anton Fedorov

Anton Fedorov

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
in not expensive games you can listen to music, in more serious ones I don’t listen to music, this prevents me from concentrating on the game to the maximum. Although observing how professional streamers do it and their music, they manage to respond to the audience.

nop9gok

nop9gok

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
music and poker is good but the music must be neutral so as not to distract from the game

M

Meepomancer1122

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Music with any kind of lyrics (especially if I like the song) distracts me, so I usually don't listen to anything. When I'm playing online I watch videos and streams tho

vokrugdookola

vokrugdookola

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
playing music by Armin van buren

G

goOgaaA9

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Sometimes listening music helps me, but when I am unlucky in the tournament thats not help me at all... :D

M

Misticblair

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
In my case, I found that I cannot listen to anything agressive, anything in my language so (no hip-hop, no rock, no vocals unless it's like a blues, or house) - I mostly listen to some classic music, chillout tunes, or gentle 'natue-sounds' it helps with focus and prevents from tilting as fk on 2NL . :)

dedok0525

dedok0525

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Like listen to music while that when I play online.
Helps a lot. Distracts from external factors, relaxes. It helps focus.
But in live games it is impeding.
Significantly reduces your chances of winning. Because there you must read the mimicry of your opponents.