Do You Look at Your Folded Hands?

Rincewind

Rincewind

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I sometimes watch my mucked hands, just to maybe see what I would have done. But I dont get upset when I would have flopped a monster with a mucked hand.

A good move is always a good move!!

poliaris747

poliaris747

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Yes I see for themselves the problem. After folding for example, 2 2 But then the hand is vyigroshnoy, for me, it becomes a problem! In the next hand, I usually think twice, even under trash hands. And sometimes I run the risk, as noted, usually two consecutive hands I win! Yes, yes it is two hands in a row go. And I have a losing hand, I win! So, seeing that the first chip in the hand to bring the winning, I risk a second time!

Syltan

Syltan

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I play zoom and not looking for a hand when I pass, that would not be upsetting))

atlantafalcons0

atlantafalcons0

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I never worry about it after I've folded. What's the point?

R

redmast

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I look. It sometimes helps me even. I then know exactly how much I can take the risk

S

sryImPro

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
i used to do that and i realized that make no sense when it comes to me, even tho a lot of good players actually do that in order to analyze their play...In my case it was only frustrating :p

A

andreii955

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
yes , i look ,would see the variation ,I like to see every move that I make, whether good or bad, consider the fate of so many give you a slap in case you do not have to fold appreciation fold hand after is very important

romych007

romych007

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I often look for my cards, but if i see the nuts on the board with my cards, i am not sad , because i did right actions on the preflop. And on the distance, it is right fold.

pescaofish

pescaofish

Academic Poker
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
PA
Chips
I don't, I remember them well and after all, is past.

After you fold a hand is over, no point at thinking what would have been, of course unless you are still learning to play Poker: then is ok to go back and learn some. :deal:

bizarez

bizarez

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Yes I look, but I try to get rid of this habit - I think, correctly - fold - forget

Michel_11

Michel_11

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
Today I lost this habit, I'm just watching how the opponents play the hand.

MsNutHand

MsNutHand

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
It is horrible when I see that I would have made huge hands if not folded and it happens all the time and I continue seeing!

Poker Orifice

Poker Orifice

FoolsTilt
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
A complete waste of time!

Focus on making the best decisions possible given your specific situation.

Put your time, mind & energy towards something that will benefit you instead! ie. focus on what the other players are doing.... working on hand-reading skills (via player reads). This will build your intuitive capabilities greatly!

lcid86

lcid86

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
Sadly, I do. It can lead to a whole lotta second guessing followed by stupid play.

T

temrusha300

Rising Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
i dont really look back ever at HH....its all about staying in the present!

Havik

Havik

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Basically what I am wondering is, whether after you fold your hand you keep looking at it and seeing how it would play out if you didn't fold it.

Do you get all angry thinking "oh come on I would have totally won that if I didn't fold wht the hell!" or do you accept the fact that folding was the right choice in said situation because even though you WOULD have won if you did not fold, your hand was not good enough pre-flop to keep playing.

Does looking at the hands that could have been won affect you in any way? Do you become careless and start going in with even crappy hands?

Yes, I think it's good to try and see what could of happened. Does it frustrate me a little when I see that my hand would've won. Yes it does, but you can only try to make the best decision at the time.

R

Running Nose II

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Of course I do, most players do. I posted a very similar thread under "Peeking"

J

jhewitt276

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
YES AND IT SHOWS THAT the odds aren't always right if you on a roll it a good idea to see the flop if the pot isn't to high and trust your gut

T

timbos fire

Rising Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
you shouldn't

I have best success in tournaments if I stay distracted, after I fold a hand I play music or I watch a movie in my head... or I think of a conversation I have had with a friend... I don't know if its right... but I play best when I'm distracted from the table especially when I'm not in the hand... keeps me patient I think.

V

vassiriki

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
i find it very useful in terms of keeping your stats, where you won and lose, in which stage of a tournament you played how and won and lost and bla bla... it definitely gives you lots of hints on your game if you can figure a solid path for your playing style.

BigJamo

BigJamo

Aussie Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
accept the fact that folding was the right choice in said situation because even though you WOULD have won if you did not fold, your hand was not good enough pre-flop to keep playing.
This ^^^

Stay disciplined and you will stay a winning player.

Robochick

Robochick

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I try not look because I know it is bad, but I can't help it.

Zorba

Zorba

Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
AQ
Chips
i dont really look back ever at HH....its all about staying in the present!

Not even to see your HH's and see if somehow you could have played it better.

I DO AT TIMES BUT U HAVE TO THINK WHY DID YOU FOLD IN THE FIRST PLACE CAUSE YOU WOULD NOT CALL THE BET THAT WAS LAYED OUT LOL

Please do not type in all capitals.

A complete waste of time!

Focus on making the best decisions possible given your specific situation.

Put your time, mind & energy towards something that will benefit you instead! ie. focus on what the other players are doing.... working on hand-reading skills (via player reads). This will build your intuitive capabilities greatly!

I don't think it is a total waste of time, when you have folded to some jerk who over raised from early position and then you see what crap they had, you get to take or improve notes on them.

;)

S

skillet83

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
very rarely

as some of the others have said just move forward. i Typically dont look and pretty much forget it right away. the only exception would be interesting hands

S

smilekg

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
sometimes I watch my mucked hands, just to see what would I do. But I dont get upset when I flopped good combination with a mucked hand.

Starting Hands - Poker Hand Nicknames Rankings - Poker Hands Folding in Poker