Do You Look at Your Folded Hands?

A

Allmine79

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Folded hands are like spilled Milk what's done can't be reversed. If you dwell on the fact you would of hit your hand it only will effect your focus on later hands.

savaxz

savaxz

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Сonstantly. What kind of question is that-). Still each hand analyzed. I play only MTT

MrPokerVerse

MrPokerVerse

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Once it is folded, there are more important to focus avenues to on. Playing live you are wasting energy thinking about that. You should be more interested in what is going on with others in the hand.

Playing online is different but not much. Who doesn't get tired of the chowder head who says they should have played there 2 7 from EP because the board hit.

Last edited:
TeUnit

TeUnit

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I try not to, think it makes you play "results oriented" and you really dont want to be thinking "if I only played that 63o, I would have hit a full house" you want to think "I analyzed the situation and there was no way I should play 63o".

Martin Carreira

Martin Carreira

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
In my personal case many times I look at the hands but I think it is wrong to do so because it can influence our future hands in a bad way. I think it is best to try to concentrate on seeing how that hand is done and try to get as much information as possible from our rivals

Olgert1992

Olgert1992

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Of course I'll watch my hands, I analyze my game. However, if you threw away the cards, why should you regret it? If you have 72 and the flop is 777, then in any case you played correctly throwing these cards.

U

unlim_lv

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
im a dreamer, so yes, i watch them all the time :D

GRANDPAPA929

GRANDPAPA929

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
In the game BBJ I lost : 9h:: 5c:
The game continued and on the turn : JH: : 5h: : 5d: : Jd:
One player was :js4:
So I missed $519 and is long do I have itching in my head.

grinya774

grinya774

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I always look at the discarded hand and it does not affect my game. What's done couldn't come back.

jimmy andres

jimmy andres

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Hello in this type of hands that are not strong or projects of color or ladder you have to play them but only when you are the big stack at your table or when your stack is very healthy and you can give that luxury, since if you go to many hands You end up stuck in streets where your flop rivals link their projects, and since if you do not have a good amount of chips you will end up in the bluff of some villain or some strong hand tied to some other player. I hope my point of view serves you. Good luck at the tables.

steve101651

steve101651

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Actually this tilts me sometimes, which now that I am concious of that fact, I am better able to recognize, and control my behaviour. It used to make me so mad when I had say, a pair of nines... and the button raises 4x, and I snap fold because of short stack, and then two nines flop, and all he had was ace high or something.

orchidra

orchidra

Allan with two Owls
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
NZ
Chips
Online, if I'm only playing at one table, I usually look but the outcome never bothers me.

M

maverickfighter

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
I tend to look, but try not to let it bother me. I try to remember my hands so I don't even have to look, but sometimes I play a little distracted so I would have to look.

orchidra

orchidra

Allan with two Owls
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
NZ
Chips
I used to think the same way until I realized that the RNG (Random number generator) uses the milliseconds of the clock in its calculation in determining what the next card will be. In other words its not like a deck of cards in a live game where no matter how much time you and the other players take to make decisions the cards remain the same, but with the RNG the cards most likely would of been different if you had stayed in the hand.

Is this true? I have had a quick look through poker stars information, and can't find any reference relating to the above.

R

ritehere

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I don't agree at all that it is a bad thing to look at your folded cards. You can learn from yourself better than anyone else. And if looking at them puts you on tilt, then maybe poker is not your game.

vse i sra3y

vse i sra3y

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I do not look, so the decision to throw off my hand has already been accepted and there is nothing to change.

A

Akwild

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
I look only when I am playing one tourney. When playing more then one. I have other things to do.

S

Shrek24

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
I use this thinking. If I dwell on the past it's only gonna bite me in the butt later on. U folded the cards for one reason or another. Let it go.

ClickPoker

ClickPoker

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Basically what I am wondering is, whether after you fold your hand you keep looking at it and seeing how it would play out if you didn't fold it.

Do you get all angry thinking "oh come on I would have totally won that if I didn't fold wht the hell!" or do you accept the fact that folding was the right choice in said situation because even though you WOULD have won if you did not fold, your hand was not good enough pre-flop to keep playing.

Does looking at the hands that could have been won affect you in any way? Do you become careless and start going in with even crappy hands?

I saw it before and it made me angry, now I memorize them. That gives me an advantage to see how my opponents play and I always try to show as little as my cards can

T

titiduru

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I play only online, and I look when I am not involved in multiple tables. It does seem to make me play weaker hands after I notice that the folded hand would have won the pot, which I know it's not good for my game. I will try to look away in the future.

P

peeetiee

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Hello!
I do look to collect Infos.
Naturally I wonder if I would have made it, but even if so -it was the wrong position, I never would have called and who plays e.g. 38o ...

But I know my cards so I can detect a bluff or risky play, what I note and maybe can use this information later.

So never mind, just learn

C

Chemist

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Many sites still use continuous shuffle, so if you had played the hand, the result would actually have been different.
Looking back is a waste of time anyway.

jimmy andres

jimmy andres

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Hello this I do not think it is a reason to enter into tilt mode since there will be more hands, and you never know if you are going to win you can have a pair of Aces and not complete the trio, and another player gets double pair, you lose Just stay focused and play whenever you get the chance.

Starting Hands - Poker Hand Nicknames Rankings - Poker Hands Folding in Poker