Do you have periods where you just play very bad ?

Phoenix Wright

Phoenix Wright

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Everyone experiences slumps in poker results - if not, then they haven't been playing long enough :D Poker is a game which inherently carries variance and sometimes it is up and other times it is down.

You just have to stay in there as optimistic as possible and constantly learning and improving your game :) We just want to make sure the "slump" is indeed variance and not bad play on our part as the player. Variance eventually comes back around, but being exploited doesn't, so once you realize you are making "correct plays" then it is just a matter of getting through it :)

N

Nik990

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Bad days and even weeks are not uncommon, not only in poker, but also in life, the main thing is not to get upset, set goals and go for it, do not pay attention to difficulties

YenRodriguez

YenRodriguez

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
There may be external factors that are affecting your game. That is why your poor quality, some anxiety may be playing against you. or it is simply a losing streak that will soon end. stick to your game plan

Syltan

Syltan

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
since 2-3 weeks or so i am playing horribly . i dont know why to be honest

is that normal ? i mean the question might be too dramatic and i guess it is normal to have ups and downs but in my case the quality of my game really has shrunk extremely in the last couple weeks .....

Perhaps the reason is the influx of regulars everyone wants money before the holidays)

filippfilm

filippfilm

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips

is that normal ? i mean the question might be too dramatic and i guess it is normal to have ups and downs but in my case the quality of my game really has shrunk extremely in the last couple weeks .....

I constantly have such periods when I did not get enough sleep and did not recover. The game immediately changes for the worse and the brain works quite worse, there is no clarity. Conversely, when I'm fresh and refreshed, I play just fine. :jd4::):jd4:

WrongUsername

WrongUsername

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
we will all do, we are not poker bots fortunately =)
but if u playing really bad just take a break.

Chica_bonita

Chica_bonita

Sad Funny Lady🌬
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
RU
Chips

Hello!:ciao:
I'm not evaluating the game: what criteria can there be? Am I playing bad or good? If I like the game, then everything is fine. And the way I played, lost or won, is the second.
If we are talking about analyzing my own game, then I don't like to revise my hands, because it has already happened the way it happened. We have a saying: "Don't wave your fists after a fight.":boxing:

Zapahlohotrona

Zapahlohotrona

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I think everyone has had periods like this, you can't play well all the time.

Chica_bonita

Chica_bonita

Sad Funny Lady🌬
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
RU
Chips
Everyone experiences slumps in poker results - if not, then they haven't been playing long enough :D Poker is a game which inherently carries variance and sometimes it is up and other times it is down.

You just have to stay in there as optimistic as possible and constantly learning and improving your game :) We just want to make sure the "slump" is indeed variance and not bad play on our part as the player. Variance eventually comes back around, but being exploited doesn't, so once you realize you are making "correct plays" then it is just a matter of getting through it :)
Hello!:ciao:
Glad to see you again.:party:

BillyR23

BillyR23

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
RO
Chips
IMO this is normal and it just happens even without a 'trigger'... it happened to me a few times since I've started playing poker around 10 years ago (tho I consider myself a recreational player, I still grind a few days per week and study to improve my game...); what works in my case is taking breaks, recharge and get back my confidence in myself and my poker game(looking over the spots where I thought I made bad plays and analyzing my sessions helps too).

Making things short, it's not really something to worry about and you just need some time away from the tables, find something 'fun' to do in the meantime, recharge and get back to the tables when you feel ready, play your A game and hopefully make some $$$

H

HaroldHouse

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I have periods where I play badly. Those periods are often. Then I have times that no matter how well I play I cant win, but I will have very good 2nd best hands.

MishkaZL

MishkaZL

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
Each player has such periods. This is a difficult time, and the most important thing is to limit your losses and save your bankroll. It's best to just take a break.

mervin88

mervin88

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
there would definitely a day where i would play really bad that it gets getting worse the longer the sesh

018smitty

Enthusiast
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
I usually play bad due to being impatient, get bored. Happens more than i would like

W

wengz2002

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Of course I have...

But, I don't think it's purely bad plays straight...
Sometimes there's bad break in between...

H

Hsac

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips

Yes, it's normal. We all have times when we're not at the top of our game. Take a break. Get some rest. Go on a trip for a few days with someone significant and leave that laptop, ipad or cell phone, whatever you play on, at home.

pavel1111111

pavel1111111

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
RO
Chips
of course Ș)) ..everyone has this kind of periods , there is no excetion , you just need to wait to end or even better take a vreak Ș)

Chebchoub

Chebchoub

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
MA
Chips
I think we have to go through bad lines from time to time. I think this is related to the psychological state we sometimes go through, bad luck at other times, despite our strong focus and desire to play or win, the most important thing is not to fall into the badbeat and take control of the situation before it's too late.

ramdon p358

ramdon p358

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
VE
Chips
As you yourself know this is normal, try to take a break away from poker. It will help you relax and you will come back with a different mindset

Gallarado777

Gallarado777

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
KZ
Chips
Yes, there was a period I played every move for all the chips and flew out of the tournament I just didn't want to play I don’t know why I played this happens sometimes

VGShaa

VGShaa

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Personally, I do not notice specific periods behind me, everything is random, sometimes I'm tired and not just the game does not go, and sometimes I win everything. When I'm full of energy and determined to play, the same thing happens. The only thing if the emotional state is bad is that the game is always bad.

sincos

sincos

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
There are often times like this. When bad cards come for a long time, then after a while I start playing badly - tilt.

G

GoodMoon90

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
After a long continuous game, I notice a sharp deterioration in my decisions