Do you have periods where you just play very bad ?

COMIRRR

COMIRRR

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
RO
Chips
I have often had periods of 2-3 weeks when my game did not work at all, but that's not the problem, the problem with me is that during that time I immediately sign up for another game and I play just as badly, nervous and so, for a few days, I lose money on the idea that I have to get them back... the biggest silly... anyway for 2 years I went over the stupidity I was doing now when I see that the game does not work, I stop playing for about 3 days after which I try and the same, excluded from entering 2 consecutive tournaments only to recover what I lose, I don't do that anymore, patience!!!

Academico

Academico

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
AR
Chips
yes, of course in fact this is the moment when I find myself playing very badly, I start the tournaments seriously and well positioned but I end up losing due to my own mistakes in the bubble or when I enter itm without being able to advance to final positions

A

alabos

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
Right now......and i'm playing too agressively so i loose money almost everyday......i have to take back for this week or just playing with patience

lalinha

lalinha

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
BR
Chips
Every now and then this happens to me, in my case it's because I end up copying the way of playing another player who is doing well at a table, and I think it's the best way at that moment, especially when it's taking a long time for a good hand to come, but the other player ends up being eliminated and so am I, the question for me is to ignore these things and follow my own pace of play, I prefer to play fewer hands and with better cards in position too, I prefer to go to the end with few chips than playing the majority of hands wanting to get too big, which runs the greater risk of making mistakes and exiting the tournament. I hope you can figure out what's wrong and try to go at your own pace again.

Vrotebal

Vrotebal

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I wonder if there are those who do not have such periods ?

dreamer13

dreamer13

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
LV
Chips
Every player has bad periods of play, since the game depends on many factors - mood, health, problems in the family, at home or at work. Devoting more time to playing poker is not as easy as writing a specific goal. As in every sports, poker is full of superstitions. But you don't need to pay attention to it. Your main task is to keep a cool mind and clearly go towards your goal. Frequent mistakes of poker players are violent reactions to both wins and losses. Keep calm, because all this is experience and it is vital for you. This is what the game is made of.

D

Danieleli

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
since 2-3 weeks or so i am playing horribly . i dont know why to be honest

is that normal ? i mean the question might be too dramatic and i guess it is normal to have ups and downs but in my case the quality of my game really has shrunk extremely in the last couple weeks .....
I believe that many things that are non related to poker can influence on how we are playing. For example, you are expecting the answer on a job interview or had a fight with your partner, maybe you are not sleeping well... If you already know that you are not playing your best take a while to review your game and try to solve leaks. Keep in mind that we can be playing well and losing too . GL

C

cowboybebop

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Oh yes definitely it sometimes feels like i just cant win anything, like im back to square one or somethig like that. Its all about patience.

N

Nusya

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips

is that normal ? i mean the question might be too dramatic and i guess it is normal to have ups and downs but in my case the quality of my game really has shrunk extremely in the last couple weeks .....
This happens to everyone, only for everyone this period of different duration.

Gritz18

Gritz18

To Cesar, what belongs to Cesar.
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips

I try to follow a cake recipe, but sometimes I get careless and end up making a move I wouldn't normally make.
Like bluff hunting, I'm usually not a good hunter, especially in freerolls, where villains usually don't have a predefined range, making it difficult to make a correct reading.

Rost

Rost

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
I'm not having the best of times right now either. But I mostly play freerolls, so my bankroll is safe. In such difficult times, it is better to either play freerolls or take a break altogether.

lyki67

lyki67

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BA
Chips
Yes of course. Everyone have this periods. I try to make break and not to play for day or two.

INISHTE

INISHTE

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
BO
Chips
It's a bit complicated when you have to share time between family, work and Poker.

gon4iypes

gon4iypes

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
Well it seems to me the RNG misbehaves terribly and that gives the impression that my play has deteriorated....(sigh)