MishkaZL

MishkaZL

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
I do not believe in superstitions and various signs. In my opinion, such things do not deserve attention. I'm just trying to play right and achieve my goals.

vnnby

vnnby

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
BY
Chips
The game needs a distance, if you did everything right, but lost, you will win next time.

C

crabcruncher

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I once had a lucky hat I always wore at friends home game, and I always won every week. Eventually friends got tired of this and destroyed the hat.
I still won every week, so maybe it wasnt the hat :D

Last edited:
jj77jwj

jj77jwj

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
No I dont just feel it out I know math skills of the game but lot of the time its instinct got to feel it out especially when you been playing for a while got to know how to play your cards and feel out what the next person got you get that feeling

Chebchoub

Chebchoub

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
MA
Chips
There is no relationship between superstition and poker, poker relies on body language and math Science does not believe in superstition

Juan Oro

Juan Oro

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
A veces pienso que si no gano con las buenas manos debería ganar con las malas y salgo a buscar fichas, no sé si será una superstición mía.

E

Event Horizon

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
My girlfriend is bad luck.

My lady is unlucky. Every time she asks me how the poker is going, I take a bad beat within 10 minutes. It's like clockwork.

T

TaigaMaster

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
you always need to listen to your intuition ...

Austria7

Austria7

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I do not believe in anything that is not natural. Therefore, superstition does not exist for me. Everything in the world is explainable from the point of view of science.

I have a different opinion. People tend to want to explain everything. There are many people who always know exactly how to do it (especially in retrospect) and then often say: "I told you that before!" There are still phenomena and tasks in medicine, mathematics, nature and human behavior that have not yet been fully and sufficiently clarified. And let's be honest: Would you want to live in a world in which all secrets are revealed and all problems are solved?

Alizona

Alizona

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I have no superstitions, to my knowledge anyway.

I don't even believe in luck. I believe in randomness, yes of course... that's all I think "luck" is, randomness. I've yet to meet anyone who is lucky all the time, or unlucky all the time. It's just the random nature of the universe, with a healthy dose of "human" atop it... and we humans LOVE to assign concepts to random things. Oh I had the same random event happen to me 3 times in the last 3 days, that's good (or bad) luck! No, it's just random variance from the norm, from the mean.

Anyway, if you DO happen to believe in superstitions like "luck", then... good luck to you, my friends. :)

Edit to add: My favorite superstition is those Superstition Mountains just east of Phoenix, the (supposed) location of that legendary Lost Dutchman's Mine. So perhaps I DO believe in at least one superstition anyway. :)

19aleks57

19aleks57

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BY
Chips
There is no particular superstition, only I register less than 5 minutes before the start of the tournament.

lukovnikofff

lukovnikofff

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
superstition

I'm not superstitious, but they say that the first hand cannot be won!

E

el79

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I play in two places in my house, when a bad streak comes I take the computer to another place and vice versa.

M

mtmigmike

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I do not believe in superstition, but sometimes there is a black streak when you lose all the time:(

D

dorynel7

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Personally i don t have any superstitions when i play poker.

Vivaly

Vivaly

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I have no superstitions. But sometimes in the game I remember some superstitions about which I know: to take cards with a certain hand, not to change the hairstyle during the game, to have some kind of talisman, etc. And I chuckle to myself when I win the opposite way. :hahaha:

adoadoado76

adoadoado76

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I think who is waiting and who is waiting, :):deal: and to the tournament organizer

Sergei 9417

Sergei 9417

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Hello
I have no superstitions as such, but I believe in some signs, for example, when I dream of fishing with a good catch, it means the day will be excellent in all respects, and so it happens, funny right?

Lheticus

Lheticus

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
When playing live, I always look at the 2nd card I'm dealt first. Not sure if this fully qualifies as a superstition, it's just how I like to do it.

Pokerpoet2

Pokerpoet2

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
I did have a crazy superstition that I would never play the first hand, because I did not want to be first out, but that disappeared a long time ago. Some time's I will not look at my hand if I am on the BB and I prefer to check blind so that when the flop comes I am not looking to make a hand, and I can watch the reaction of the other players when it hits the table.
This gives me more information and I can check blind waiting for someone to make a bet before I am forced to look, this gives me more options, in the fact that if I hit big I am letting them make a noose for themselves, and if I miss completely I can try and float the hand and try a bluff on the river.
I will only try this against one opponent, because if you are doing this with more than one opponent the odds of making the bluff work is reduced. My philosophy is "If I have missed the flop, maybe they have as well" and most of the time I am right.
This of course is only in live games, on-line it is totally impossible to do, as the cards are always face up. But it is fun to do in a live situation, especially with the first hand.

When the fun, Stops, STOP!

gena31

gena31

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
RU
Chips
there are no superstitions, they will not help, the main thing is knowledge and experience