Do You Have Any Superstitions?

S

silversun87

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Personally, if I'm on a streak of bad hole cards, I don't like to sit out and risk being away when the good cards hit to break the bad streak.

Last edited:
cwdignus

cwdignus

Carpe diem
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
I am not superstitious but I prefer not to pass under stairs

milka1605

milka1605

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I do not believe in anything that is not natural. Therefore, superstition does not exist for me. Everything in the world is explainable from the point of view of science.

Collin Moshman

Collin Moshman

Poker Expert
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I don't believe superstitions on a deep/serious level, but they can be fun things to think about sometimes. Here are a couple:

** The little penguin that sits on my desk brings good luck.

** If I get AA or KK in the big blind, everyone will fold to me even if the big blind has never gotten a walk in the past 6 hours :D

Paya_31

Paya_31

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Hi, how are you? The truth is that I am not superstitious, but there are bad days in poker there are. And as you say take a break and come back, because when you come back the players will follow but if you play when you are on a bad streak you can lose your Bank rool and that cannot be when you come back

V

valetgll

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I didn't have to think about superstition. I guess I don't believe in them.

W

woodeng

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Absolutely I am superstitious! I traveled as a Territory Manager my entire career and refused to stay on the 13th floor or a room with the 13 in the room number! I never let a black cat cross my path . . . etc. But I have never had superstitions in poker, however, after reading this thread I may develop some . . .

makisaa

makisaa

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
GR
Chips
No, I do not have superstitions, because everything is changing and so my game is evolving. Poker has to do with maths, so superstitions don't have any point.

blackknives

blackknives

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
i have this "lucky charm" that i bring out in games, whenever i do, i lose.

Dailon Arroyo Blandon

Dailon Arroyo Blandon

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
CR
Chips
No ... the truth is, I'm not superstitious .... but I'm very curious, and I like to read a lot about all kinds of superstitions ... it's a very interesting topic ...!

pribalt49

pribalt49

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Superstition lies in the fact that everyone has certain numbers by which you can win and by which you will only lose, no matter how hard you try, and there are also amulets that bring good luck, everyone needs to know this, their numbers and your amulet good luck.

J

Joe1

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I wouldn't say that with myself, but I know the feeling of coming back and seeing your AAs, which are unfortunately gone because you were on sit out, but otherwise I would say less

E

Elfina777

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
My superstition is that you need to play poker only with a fresh head, sober and so that no one interferes, extraneous sounds, people distract me from the correctness of my actions.

sharipov8090

sharipov8090

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Hi!If I have a fight with someone, then there is no game for me on this day.I will not sit down to play because many years of experience have led me to this conclusion-and it is a kind of superstition-do not sit down to play if you are angry.

M

merlin44

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
be superstitious is the worst thing in poker

Newzooozooo

Newzooozooo

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
I have no superstitions. The only thing that matters to me is to always be patient enough. Sometimes it's very difficult, but I still try to be patient and disciplined.

barbados

barbados

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BY
Chips
Yes, I have a superstition. If I light a third cigarette in the announced breaks after the first cigarette, then the game does not go well. Because the brain is busy looking for a second cigarette, not poker.:)

FoxMS

FoxMS

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I have no superstitions, I do not believe in such signs. The main thing for me is that no one distracts me during the game.

MURDACK

MURDACK

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
It's a game... There is no superstition behind it.
It is all in your mind and sometimes will help and others will destroy you

K

kngofpkr

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
whenever i make myself a coffee on breaks, i am starting to lose on tournaments. so that may be my superstitition but i can't stop making a coffee during breaks <:p

marvinsytan

marvinsytan

I'm going to win The PokerStars Sunday Million
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
PH
Chips
yes, i think cat avatar will bring me good luck

P

PorkChopTD

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Personally, if I'm on a streak of bad hole cards, I don't like to sit out and risk being away when the good cards hit to break the bad streak.
I feel like I can legit know if I am going to make a run or not. It kind of goes hand in hand with being Full Tilt. Being Full Tilt is superstitious in itself, but getting rivered 4 times in a row makes you want to throw in the towel.

If I would say one think I am superstitious of is typically if I get dealt pocket J's (yes J's in my hand of knowing how my days going to go!) and I raise 5x the BB and 4 people call. Then the flop comes A K Q, that makes me feel like things aren't swinging my way for the day.

Maybe I start playing worse and go Full Tilt, but I don't think I ever have a good day at the tables when my J's get a flop like that.