• Total voters
A

Arnakk2424

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I work FT (full time, not Full Tilt!), but I find 10 mins a day to log onto two of my sites, GG and PS, to get the daily promos.
GG promos gives away 0.25$ per day ($1 on Sat!) for either a spin or a PKO, and I have accumulated ~$100 in the last year from this alone.
These daily freebees are a bit better than the freeroll tournaments because they dont take as long, so you can do them over lunch or even a break.

Other than that, I get on the odd free rolls in the evenings and then a few tournaments on the weekend. If I only have an hour or two (uhg, kids!) I might just do a couple of SNGs.

Yes the freebies on GGPoker are very nice on a low bankroll, I try to not forget them. You mentionned PS, they have something similar ?

jordanbillie

jordanbillie

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I work FT (full time, not Full Tilt!), but I find 10 mins a day to log onto two of my sites, GG and PS, to get the daily promos.
GG promos gives away 0.25$ per day ($1 on Sat!) for either a spin or a PKO, and I have accumulated ~$100 in the last year from this alone.
These daily freebees are a bit better than the freeroll tournaments because they dont take as long, so you can do them over lunch or even a break.

Other than that, I get on the odd free rolls in the evenings and then a few tournaments on the weekend. If I only have an hour or two (uhg, kids!) I might just do a couple of SNGs.

This is why I focused on developing a way to play which didn't take up as much time. ;)

I reg MTTs at night while sitting with the kids to get them to sleep. I late reg last minute and sometimes only play for 10 minutes. Other times I play for 1 - 2 hrs (because I made the final table). ;)

Just some food for thought, you could always find ways to play "quickly." :)

Good luck and take care of those precious kids! :) (I have 4!) :)

Tredford

Tredford

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Yes the freebies on GGPoker are very nice on a low bankroll, I try to not forget them. You mentionned PS, they have something similar ?

I havent found many good freebees on PS. PP has random giveaways where you can get Freeroll tickets (~1hr to cash), flip tickets (~10mins) and sometimes free cash.
On PP's current giveaway, I won $3 cash the other day, which happens 0.25% apparently - so lucky me!

I just joined ACR, so I have to figure out what they are offering.

A

Arnakk2424

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I havent found many good freebees on PS. PP has random giveaways where you can get Freeroll tickets (~1hr to cash), flip tickets (~10mins) and sometimes free cash.
On PP's current giveaway, I won $3 cash the other day, which happens 0.25% apparently - so lucky me!

I just joined ACR, so I have to figure out what they are offering.

ACR are giving free ticket sometime (they game me a $6.60 at valentine days), I havn't deposit there yet because they dont use my favorite wallet but make 2 final table of CC freeroll and the room look very nice.
They are running $50 freeroll but the field is big 700-1000 so I skip them now
They are also very active on there twitch page and giveaway a lot of tickets.

Tredford

Tredford

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
This is why I focused on developing a way to play which didn't take up as much time. ;)

I reg MTTs at night while sitting with the kids to get them to sleep. I late reg last minute and sometimes only play for 10 minutes. Other times I play for 1 - 2 hrs (because I made the final table). ;)

Just some food for thought, you could always find ways to play "quickly." :)

Good luck and take care of those precious kids! :) (I have 4!) :)

There was another thread going about reg'ing late ... I basically replied 'hell ya'! Sometimes sitting through 1.5 of reg is tough, when you end up with a starting stack +/-10% near end of the buy-in.
I tried cash games at lunch when I was WFH .. then I realized I suck at cash. So I stick to SNG, if I have 30-60 mins.

sincos

sincos

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
There is a schedule in cash games, how does it work in MTT

Sergei 9417

Sergei 9417

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Hey
I don’t have a schedule, I play when I’m in the mood, now it’s been ruined, I lost for the final meeting with AJs, against A,4o, so I decided to take a break and go to the forum

Skot_Gy

Skot_Gy

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
RO
Chips
I don't have a strict schedule, but i usually do it in the evening after 7
Playing random freeroll tournaments, studying a bit, and so on

C

Cooking

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I don't follow a strict schedule, but I know the time of the tournaments that I usually play, so, I choose 3-4 tournaments to play at the same time.

eniseysmail

eniseysmail

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I prefer games late in the day and at night.

D

Daen27

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
The best free schedule is to play whenever you want and it doesn't matter if you have an interesting tournament in front of you or not.

E

eugenedav

Enthusiast
Platinum Level
Total posts
Chips
I pretty much scan over hand replays of various players and pros. Implement my style of play with their knowledge. Then I hit the felt everyday.

Sintubai

Sintubai

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
My poker schedule is pretty messed up at the beginning of this year.. change of residence.. but I hope to be playing regularly soon, go back to studying poker often.. GL to all!

speper

speper

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
No, I do not have a specific schedule, although I play every day, when I finish my daily work and responsibilities, I start playing

akmost

akmost

Rising Star
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
GR
Chips
Nope because I am a recreational but I mainly play in evenings!

infonazar

infonazar

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
Overall, I play 4-6 hours a day, 4-5 days a week. As such, I do not have a special schedule, but usually I always try to take part in our freerolls.

pokerace_1

pokerace_1

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
My routine at the moment is everyday: 1 hour of mental game studying, 1 hour of technical studying and 4 hours of playing. So really making the difference between the mental game and the technical aspect, it gives me some nice variation. Between the two hours studying i will go for a run for example :)

H

Hsac

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Hello
do you have a specific schedule
If yes what is yours ?
Personally I don't have anymore and its something I should work on.
I think I play 1 hour in the last week and spend 15 studing / watching videos.
The week before I think I didn't watch a single video.
I prefer to play when I'm rested. An hour or two in the morning after a good night sleep. An hour or two in the afternoon after a nap. An hour or two in the evening before going to bed. I seldom, if ever, play more than 6 hours a day regardless of whether I'm stuck or ahead. This schedule helps to keep me from getting burned out. Family always comes first, then poker, so I often don't get in the full 6 hours and sometimes miss playing for a few days at a time. My preferred game is $50 buy-in triple-up SNGs. If I notice myself starting to play stupid, usually by breaking one of my self-imposed rules, regardless of the outcome I force myself to quit until I'm rested again.

Gallarado777

Gallarado777

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
KZ
Chips
Hello
do you have a specific schedule
If yes what is yours ?
Personally I don't have anymore and its something I should work on.
I think I play 1 hour in the last week and spend 15 studing / watching videos.
The week before I think I didn't watch a single video.
hello, I don’t have a schedule, I come after work at different times and start playing if there is time for poker, if not, I go to bed

D

Danieleli

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I'm working on that, i have poker lessons mondays wednesdays and fridays at 12:00pm and sometimes on tuesday too, My life is a little mess right now and i'm beggining to play mtts microstakes. (a month ago i was playing only 45p sit n go on pokerstars) . I believe its more important for begginer players to study like 25% of the time and practice 75% because we can really improve our game and become more profitable at micro learning how to apply simple concepts and making good volume.

amartimes

amartimes

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Maybe when a pro player :D. The time difference makes it hard to have a working schedule.

VGShaa

VGShaa

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
For me, poker is only an additional income so far, so I play tournaments during the break from my main job and family, at the moment I have more time for poker as my family is far from me in safety. I chose morning and evening sessions for myself.

rastapapolos

rastapapolos

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
DZ
Chips
For me the schedule is pretty simple, I do play poker (mtts) in the evening, the next day in the morning I do an HHR (hand history review) of the session, I don't play everyday so when I don't have a session to review I do study some ICM spots, Opening charts, Pot odds ...etc

J

June4Spades

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I try to play daily, but what is important for me - to set limits timewise. As I play at night, my sleep suffers otherwise.

nachopaulo

nachopaulo

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
BR
Chips
I don't have a specific time, but since I'm at home all day, I play a lot.

I need to make a schedule, because I study little and play a lot and I believe that there must be a balance between the two.