Do you feel a little embarrassed getting caught bluffing?

MikeCarasone

MikeCarasone

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
All players get caught with their hand in the cookie jar eventually. Every play is not going to succeed. Sometimes when I get caught I feel silly but I’m willing to be embarrassed sometimes for the simple fact that when those bluffs do work they often pay off very well. The cards aren’t always going to cooperate so bluffing is often the only way to win a pot.

makisaa

makisaa

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
GR
Chips
Of course I am not feeling embarrassed, because bluff is vital part of the game. Things are not coming as we wish all the times, so bluffing is something you do most of the times!

lcid86

lcid86

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
I think it actually can help if you're playing with new players. Let them see you betting with trash and they will call you when you actually have it.

VVi10

VVi10

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
Not embarrassed, but when happen you need to know that your strategy gonna be to change, so when you bet again, they are thinking you´re bluff so if you don´t have a good hand, you probably gonna loose

italorohdrigues

italorohdrigues

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Haha this is funny I know that feeling, for me I feel a little bit too when I put too much effort to the bluff, on bubble situations or when I'm chip leading and trying to steal some blinds or pots and I get caught there's zero feelings though

V

valeski 28

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Hi mate.To be honest I don´t usually bluff as I should but when I get caught I don´t feel embarrassed at all because it is part of the game.

K

kidrock1211

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
If it cost a lot yes sometimes! but if it was for a few chips sometimes its worth it! When you got the nuts they think your bluffing! It is better to show a bluff once in a while than to get caught bluffing!

ajtrevor

ajtrevor

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I always feel embarrassed trying to bluff and getting caught, and I always regret it as soon as I lose lol.

AizenFalck

AizenFalck

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I try a lot not to bluff, not because they grab me but because many times I lose, maybe I don't know when and how to do it, and the times that I do it and I'm caught, really if I am really embarrassed lol :D

S

Szachajevy

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
sometimes I fell like - oh my, this one won't believe me next time so choose another strategy.

Rahatis

Rahatis

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Embarrassed?! Noway. Many times it helps to get caught bluffing.

Branimir84

Branimir84

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
HR
Chips
No, why? Its more of a 'damn I didn't got it' feeling then being embarrassed. What a strange reaction to bluffing you have :)

Transcendence

Transcendence

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
While, Yes, sometimes ashamed sometimes at autopsy. But in General, almost everyone is bluffing, I understand that this game is based on this and becomes calmer.)

V

vittopio

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
What embarrassment can be - bluffing is an integral part of poker! There are only 2 types of value and bluff bets to win! Aren't you embarrassed when you play poker?

L

Loose4ever

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
I think that bluff is not a shame, however it afect your image at the table and you ll have to consider it.

AzdajaD

AzdajaD

Meat Pounder
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
RS
Chips
Nope, I laugh like crazy person... :D

Dkerridge14

Dkerridge14

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
If you don’t sometimes get caught bluffing then you’re not playing a good game. It’s definitely going to happen at some point. Just maximise your bluffs by picking the best spots and by being in position. As everyone knows, position is king!
Semi-bluffing is the best route, should near enough always have decent equity when you are bluffing.

Shumkoolie

Shumkoolie

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
To me, there's two different instances of being "caught bluffing"

The first - When you are called down and people see what hand you had.

The second - If you bet into a pot and someone raises you, and you have to fold. At least here, you can show that you may be a bluffer, but your opponents don't necessary know exactly what you're doing. So there's still some element of mystery as to how you were playing a specific hand/situation.

As for being embarrassed? Not at all. I try and use that situation to see what my opponent is doing, and seeing what their tendencies are, so that I can try to use that to my advantage the next time. For example, I could have run into a Calling Station who is willing to play Top Pair, any kicker, so that means that if I am in a hand with them in the future, I will need to narrow my range of "made hands" that I will play against them.

It's key to accumulate chips in a tournament, winning the pots without premium hands. Because variance is such part of the game, if you can accumulate a good stack, you can weather those spots a little bit better than if you were basically waiting for premium hands to play.

NightStalker

NightStalker

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
No, I never feel embarassed. Bluffing is part of the game, getting caught too.

roystone

roystone

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Like others have said, getting caught bluffing is good for your table image. People will be more inclined to call you when you have a good hand later.

mountainfox

mountainfox

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Nope, I don't feel embarrassed at all.

D

danydidi

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Yeh sometimes i feel stupid

mar_dragan

mar_dragan

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Sometimes i guess,but in my opinion there is a lot of type of bluffs.
If you wait a card for flush on river and this tume you dont have luck,sometimes you will try to bluff,and in my personal opinion that is ok.But when you go all in and raise preflop with 2 7 and force aggressive game with cards with bad odds,that is not good.

ACESOVEREZZZ

ACESOVEREZZZ

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Bluffing

Nope I don't feel embarrassed when getting caught bluffing as like others said it is part of playing poker. Also keeps others at the table wondering if the next time I raise a large amount or go all in am I bluffing or not ????

Keep on bluffing on occasion as it is part of the game .

Cheers all :D

felipem29

felipem29

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Is the emotion of poker...

In poker there are many plays or attitudes that one can take depending on the circumstances in which the game is developed and the level at which it is being played. In general I think it is one of the plays that most players use the most and above all, with more experience. In being caught bluffing, it's a common attitude, but yes, you can get to know an aggressive player better.:cool::cool: