Do you feel a little embarrassed getting caught bluffing?

Viper ChipIt

Viper ChipIt

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
No not really, I think it was Jonathan little that said if you never get caught bluffing then you just aren't bluffing enough. If you never bluff then your just giving up too often and probably burning equity.

elchonga

elchonga

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
AR
Chips
It is part of the game so if you are ashamed you should rethink the game
a bantante silly question

Porras2424

Porras2424

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Of course, it's a bit sad, especially when you get caught and lose your hand, but if we look at it from the point of view of a strategy that we all use, the bluffs, if our asversary catches us, nothing happens in another, possibly he will not believe us. and if we have a winning hand ,, so we do not feel sorry because they grab us, we feel sorry because they caught us in our lie ,, not all of them are won, in the long term we will get folded ,, new blof ,, if you send to lie, no nothing happens ,, the other will be ,,,, luck and patience, in one of all we will win ,,,

K

kioge

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
When bluff fails, sometimes I regret my bluff, but I don't feel embarrassed, after all, this is part of poker.
Because most people play online, if it is live, it may be.

cwdignus

cwdignus

Carpe diem
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
I know that bluffing is part of poker, but I don't recommend it and I avoid bluffing, it's best to always avoid disadvantageous attitudes, because it can become an addiction

NightStalker

NightStalker

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
I've never felt embarrassed on how I play, even bluffing.

edenman1

edenman1

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Yeah, it's embarrassing, but hey its poker!

Xcoder

Xcoder

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
It's definitely embarrassing getting caught, also throws the "vibe" of the table a bit also, players will start being a lot more agro against you, which could be used to your advantage!

E

ekgbeat

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Never, bluffing is a part of the game. Getting caught in a bluff does bring up an emotion though, and that's curiosity. I always try to analyze why I bluffed (player dependent or board texture), and compare that to what the player had to call my bluff.

This helps me a ton! The player either wasn't thinking, or I made a bad assumption that I need to quickly correct.

J

juntao

Rising Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I will bluff usually 1 time off the first 10 hands. then I will bluff 1/25 hands.

If I am caught, no I am not embarrassed but before the bluff I set my brain up to already have lost said money

C

Carlloss

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Poker is a simulation game. When you want to get called for your strong hand, you have to give your opponent the impression that he can call because he has a chance of beating you, and thus get the maximum amount of chips from him. When the situation is the other way around, that is, your hand is a complete bluff, you must give the impression as confidently as possible that your hand beats his, and sometimes you get caught in the lie kkkkk, it's part of this wonderful game.

S

serebec

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I don't bluff unless I'm on a button and no one is acting

GRIN281289

GRIN281289

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Yes it happens when you bluff there is a feeling of embarrassment

M

milkhouse123

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Si totalmente, el tema es poder hacer el farol no necesariamente con buenas cartas pero si con una posición en la mesa favorable

robertboz

robertboz

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
RO
Chips
I don't feel embarrassed at all, and if the opponent pays, they tell me not to catch that too

Amanda A

Amanda A

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I know what you mean, I used to feel that it was a little like getting your hand caught in the old cookie jar, but Daniel Negreanu just says, "caught me speeding" and laughs. So that's how I think of it now. Kind of like I'm being a little naughty and you caught me, so what are you gonna do, write me a ticket? Ha ha

TheBigFinn

TheBigFinn

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Not embarrassed, disappointed.

The high of pushing a big bluff through a good player is much better than the disappointment of being caught.

The high of showing the ever loving nuts to a player that thought you were bluffing is best of all..