Do you feel a little embarrassed getting caught bluffing?

MrPokerVerse

MrPokerVerse

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Never!
There are some spots where it's crucial to bluff. So if you don't get caught... I feel you're not bluffing often enough.

Finding the right place is the key. Nothing to feel bad about trying to make a move. Like the statement about getting caught and not bluffing enough.

E

erce

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I always feel a little embarrassed when I get caught bluffing. And it is weird since bluffing is part of the corner stone of poker.
newer, i took a shoot it didn't work so what, at least when i get a nuts opponent will think that i bluff again and will call:D

M

MoneyMaker4i

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips

The bluff is a complicated maneuver, you must know the most opportune moment to take advantage. It is necessary to read the table and your opponents well before deciding whether to bluff or not to bluff.

run187

run187

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Chips
Nah, without bluffing people would think you just play made hands ..

Last edited:
D

dcipher

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
No reason to be embarrassed as it is a fundamental part of the game.

tuku222

tuku222

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
IT IS AN IMPORTANT PART OF THE GAME !! THERE IS NO SHAME!:cool:

H

Hermus

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Nope. If it was a bad or marginal play I'll make a note to analyse it later. If it was a good play I'm just happy that I'm playing my best poker even if I lost the hand.

nativehero2015

nativehero2015

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
no, many hands to be played , cant dwell on getting caught, who cares move on.

live damn it live

maxivega

maxivega

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
The truth is that I do not feel ashamed, only sadness in not achieving my goal. But there is always revenge and you just have to keep going.:):)

P

Pepask

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Hey guys,

if someone catche me on a bluff, I do not care about. This game considers very high psychological aspects. You can play with your opponents mind by implicating to have the stronger cards, but also seem very weak by only checking so that he goes all in to catch the pot.

As bluffing is a part of the poker games you do not have to feel embarrased.

Bye!

KeyJey

KeyJey

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Yes of course. Especially when I have a player. As a result, my all-in. And a stronger combination is possible on the table than mine. And I throw off. He specially opens his cards. And he was bluffing. It's a shame even

antonis32123

antonis32123

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
GR
Chips
I don't feel I have to be ambarrassed whan I am catched by other players to make a failed bluff . Shame or embarassmant , no . It's part of the game , sometimes it happens .But I feel angry when I bluff . and the other calls a very big bet , with stupid cards , yes then I tag him for future use :)

carmenzu

carmenzu

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
For some players, showing bad cards is part of their strategy.
It seems to me a good strategy.

Datdude1

Datdude1

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
No I do not. Bluffing is a part of playing poker, it's a skill that needs to be learned. When I get caught bluffing I do however feel like the person Never should have called me...'The Audacity!'...lol

deeznutzz

deeznutzz

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
No, in fact there are times when I will make a bluff hoping to get caught. Moving forward it can make it harder for opponents to range my hands and it j

manzanillo53

manzanillo53

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Sometimes, that is why I do not do it very often. I feel more embarrassed when I call what I think is a bluff just to find out they had the nuts. My read was no good.

R

rmbmr

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I always feel a little embarrassed when I get caught bluffing. And it is weird since bluffing is part of the corner stone of poker.

haha i think it's human nature to

riff_raff312

riff_raff312

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
NOT even a little!! come on it's poker that's what we do :icon_stud the game everyone bluffs at one time or another:D

The Riff_Raff :cool:

S

SubZero111

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
As much as I try to not be embarrassed when caught bluffing I still feel it. Its a little worse with live poker ofcourse. But even online I feel it a little. I don't know why I guess its just part of being human. I have to say it is not as bad as it was years ago.

L

Lina1020

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
If i'm bluffing i get a little nervous, but a good bluff is based on knowing your opponent and the hand evolution favors bluffing.

Alex Sentsov

Alex Sentsov

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Modesty doesn't belong in poker :)

I

Ishnock

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I use a term called bagger, to refer to a player who is trying to bag the pot with a weaker hand. A bagger may have two pair or a pair going up against your 3 of a kind or more, but shoves like he has a killer hand. I have no problem with that, because his hand has points.

My definition of a bluffer is a player who has absolutely nothing to play, and is just looking to steal the pot. I'm not a bluffer, and I don't too much care for them, especially those who are just at the table donk betting with junk hands.

That's why in the Movie Molly's game, where Bad Brad( as in a bad poker player) bluffed with actually nothing to win a huge pot from Hero -- who had a Queens Fullhouse, but folded because the possibility of Brad having a Kings Fullhouse was on the board -- Hero went berserk and had a meltdown. He got bluffed off a powerful hand by a bad poker player - who had never won a hand prior to that win. Hero was never the same after that. And that actually happened in real life.

However, if a player is low on blinds, and is trying to stay in the game, I can see the purpose of bluffing to try to get more chips to stay alive. But that's it.

The other day, a player was just donk betting and raising on every street with 47, while I was sitting on four of kind. I was like dude you had absolutely nothing, zero, total garbage, and you were raising like you were sitting on the nuts.

Last edited:
D

DoIHaveAFlush

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Nope, not at all - if a bluff gets caught, it's nice for the Opponent - I'm not ashamed to have tried to balance my own poker Repertoire :)

cheers

B

bigthereal

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
no, it's a pity to be caught, but players do usually bluff, so it's normal

G

gillschreck2010

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
I am not embarrassed of getting caught on a bluff. As others have stated I need to build my stack and sometimes that only happens on a bluff.