Do you ever think FR's are not worth the time?

roundcat

roundcat

Creature of leisure
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I keep seeing this thread and I keep reading "Do you ever think FP is not worth the time?"

And, frankly, I resent that notion.

Aww, FP, we know you are well worth the time. :flowers:

T

ted80

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I play on Carbon, which tourney are you talking about?

Is it a "scheduled" tourney or a SitNgo ?

$1 entry ? .... or you win $1 for free entry ?

click that 'player admin' button on the carbon client...website will open up, left side menu on the page, click on 'play money' and click the link to exchange 250 play dollars for a fun step 1 ticket. in the carbon client, its in tournaments > sng's. sit down at the fun step 1 table. limit 10 per day.

Worak

Worak

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
click that 'player admin' button on the carbon client...website will open up, left side menu on the page, click on 'play money' and click the link to exchange 250 play dollars for a fun step 1 ticket. in the carbon client, its in tournaments > sng's. sit down at the fun step 1 table. limit 10 per day.

Lol - would have never found out... I didn't ever play with play money :rolleyes:.

Don't really need it but on the other hand - another freeroll more why not...?

D

Devourx

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
If you are thinking about the payout on FR's, then they are not worth the time, you can make money a lot faster in buy in games

T

ted80

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Lol - would have never found out... I didn't ever play with play money :rolleyes:.

Don't really need it but on the other hand - another freeroll more why not...?

if nothing else...fun step 1 is good comedy

M

mstram

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
if nothing else...fun step 1 is good comedy

I've now played in over 100 of these, and have won .... $00000000 !:confused: :(

I've tried a variety of strategies, tight, loose, never go all in pre, go in pre with big pairs.

The poker is like playing in the twilight zone :

[ vent on]

1) 8 limipers, I raise 4x or 5x or sometimes even 10x, and then they all call :(

2) I just played against a guy who NEVER raised, but never folded either , just kept calling ... thankfully I knocked him out.

3) I just played a game where I didn't win ONE hand ! ... despite having good hands, getting sucked out, etc, etc.

4) I see a player going all in every hand, and winning almost every hand, amassing a huge stack. I try that in a couple of games, and of course get knocked out.

5) I wait for AA, KK, QQ, shove them and get beat by J3o etc

[/ end vent]

How can I not beat 10handed freeroolls, when I can finish in the top 70 in a 9,000 player freeroll field ? :confused: :smile:

Y

Youngerhov

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
freerolls are in way to increase your bankroll. I look at it as a few more hours of perfecting my much needed perfecting game

T

ThomasShea

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
which ones?

Some freerolls are over 500$, some are only 25$ or less sometimes, then you have the massive freerolls. To be honest, i believe the freerolls that take hours and only have a 25$ or 50$ prize pool with 1000 people in it, it is just not worth the time, they take hours and hours and if you do not make final table, you are usually looking at some pennies or a few quarters. Spend 1 hour working a real job, and you get minimum 7$ an hour. Do the math, i believe most freerolls are a waste of time.