Do You Ever Get Bored of Poker?

JLit

JLit

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Definitely, Just Like Any Other "Job/Hobby"

I definitely have gotten bored of poker. It is sometimes very hard to keep at this game if you are not winning or are breaking even. Plus I think a lot about other things I could be doing with the long hours I spend playing some days. Poker can be great, but balance is a necessity for you both to so well at the tables and maintain a healthy overall life in my opinion.

Sometimes it can be no more exciting than a desk job...other times its one of the better feelings I've ever felt...I think its a matter of patience and realistic expectations. Patience will help you to not "force" yourself to play when you truly want to be doing something else with your time. :driver:

:jd4:

F

Fryesmetalroofs777

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Yes whenever i play in micro tournaments i sometimes get bored. It is frustrating playing for hours just to get 10-20$. Sometimes i will watch tv and play cards in the background.

Only_player

Only_player

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
Very often I get tired) After that I always lose a lot) so I can often not play poker for a year or more. It's not my hobby number 1. I think it's okay

Becky Eubanks

Becky Eubanks

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I am kind of bored with it right now.
When I first joined CardsChat I had 3 main goals which were "meet and play with people from all around the world" "win a hoodie" and "win money on the leaderboard". In 2019 I accomplished this and more but it requires full time effort and grinding all year in all categories to hit the leaderboard. Maybe I am not so much bored with it as I am weary of it and have slacked up this year.

J

JRTHEKING

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I think it's more frustrating than boredom in my experience. Especially the grind of trying to build a bankroll. Hour after hour of grinding for very little return can get very frustrating which leads to boredom. Part of the deal though.

C

chuckycheese

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Of course, you get bored playing poker. You can always watch TV or listen to music. Everything you do for long periods of time can get boring.
it is very time consuming and sure you ger bored. but i will listen to music or pay bills ,.that is if i have any money left after playing cards lol.

Fishmasterbaiter

Fishmasterbaiter

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Yes, totally

Yes, I have totally felt that way. Not as much of a thrill when you start to balance time spent vs money earned. Best thing that helped me out was to walk away for a few days and do some extra fishin or knock out some extra things on the to do list. After a few days off it helps me get back into it a bit more. Good luck my friend.

Chief talking bull

Chief talking bull

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Yes it gets boring playing with nothing on the line but I would rather feel that way then having a knot in my belly from playing with money that I can't afford to lose.

T

thomaspen2

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Yes not only poker also the thinks that i think they can make feel great such as a girl, some drugs and poker just think that this happens because too much dopamine when it stars to use these things and then nothing or a few. Just stop playing some time and then you are going to feel that is no boring

zinzir

zinzir

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I had been building my bankroll with patience and care, until I had to get all the money because I needed it. Now I have returned to freerolls but I don't feel the emotion I used to feel. The only game where I do is in the league. I guess in a way I get discouraged having to play three or four hours for $20.
And you, have you ever bored of the game?

Going back to smaller stakes is a challenging task for everyone. Once you are used to a certain amount of risk and reward, getting less of it feels unsatisfying. I used to enjoy yahoo play money poker games, but once I discovered freerolls, I lost my appetite for play money. I wish you to get your bankroll back up again soon, and return to playing the stakes that make you happy :)

KJoff4u

KJoff4u

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I don't ever get bored of playing poker.

But have had to step away from it for a bit after a seemingly endless run of getting sucked out when I've played the hands right. So I just take a break and come back ready to battle the luck lottery players.

guwanch7777777

guwanch7777777

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I play poker for fun
that's why I never get tired of playing poker

Vilgeoforc

Vilgeoforc

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
It's boring when I lose several buy-ins in a row. When I win, I never get bored. )

Ranish625

Ranish625

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
A person sooner or later gets tired of everything, I used to love fishing, now I wonder what I could like so much in fishing, I do not recognize it now, so it will probably be with poker

D

digdug0037

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Yes and thats half the battle for me. I play mostly freerolls until I can buy into bigger tournaments and it is very hard to sit and play for just a few dollars 3-4 hours. Thing is that in the winter I really have nothing better to do, once spring is here I will use most of my time fishing.

B

Boreyko506

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I came back and everything's cool, was a two-year break.

zlajazlaja2

zlajazlaja2

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
bored of course, when playing some small tournaments, freerolls, or 3-4 tournaments in a row ... and if the first tournament of the day is played, even a big one, so the adrenaline jumps out, it can't be boring :)

Dailon Arroyo Blandon

Dailon Arroyo Blandon

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
CR
Chips
Yes, of course ... sometimes I have not felt like playing poker ... or I am playing and I do not feel any emotion ... so I stop playing some days ... and to recover my emotion and passion I set goals that I can achieve and that motivates me once again to play poker ...!

S

Schrubbler

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Whenever i have a downswing i usually get frustated and quit for a while ^^

MrAlabama

MrAlabama

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
yes--sometimes. I do a little more table selection now, so that I'm not playing for multiple hours for a chance at a micro prize -- like 8 cents. That's tough to get fired up for. Plus those large field freerolls (which results in micro prizes) often have a lot of players going all-in too often -- which can make the experience less enjoyable.

agreed. there's times i take a couple weeks off. sometimes a good recharge is in order to focus better.

S

successlaw

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I think this happen to all of us.
I had some troubles returning to play few times, but i took a break of 1-4 weeks and then i came back refreshed.

SharkyJohn

SharkyJohn

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Nah nah nah, this game is so intense and emotional that you can't get bored. Even when I'm losing It's still super interesting.
I can imagine somebody playing 8-12 hours a day and not getting bored, like streamers, but playing that much for me I would rather get physically and mentally tired than bored. That's just how it is, I'm sure a lot of y'all feel the same👍👍👍

heeyjean

heeyjean

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
No, i know what happens if i give up... i want to know what happens if i keep moving on.

carmenzu

carmenzu

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
CERTAINLY, in the long times of bad beats, it bores me to play because I do not feel stimulated, no matter how well I make the plays, they go wrong, in those moments I get bored.

Nanoldb

Nanoldb

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I am not personally bored by poker, since I only play when I have the time and motivation to spend the hours that poker demands.