Do You Ever Get Bored of Poker?

jadaminato

jadaminato

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I had been building my bankroll with patience and care, until I had to get all the money because I needed it. Now I have returned to freerolls but I don't feel the emotion I used to feel. The only game where I do is in the league. I guess in a way I get discouraged having to play three or four hours for $20.
And you, have you ever bored of the game?

Havik

Havik

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I had been building my bankroll with patience and care, until I had to get all the money because I needed it. Now I have returned to freerolls but I don't feel the emotion I used to feel. The only game where I do is in the league. I guess in a way I get discouraged having to play three or four hours for $20.

Of course, you get bored playing poker. You can always watch TV or listen to music. Everything you do for long periods of time can get boring.

Edu1

Edu1

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
Yes, of course, but "grinders" in low stakes mtt are playing more hours for win less than $20 most of the time, soo I think many of then are bored too. league games are cool, I like

wagon596

wagon596

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
not for me, poker is more than a hobby, it is a passion and I never get tired of it

I have to agree, in the last 15 years I've played millions of hands. Before "Black Tuesday" (at least I think it was a Tuesday) ;) I played three to six forum freerolls and other freeroll tournaments for 10 to 12 hours a day probably 350 days a year. I still play three or four tournaments per day, but not more than three or four hours per day.

I live off Social Security (I'm 73) so the little bit of extra income I make per month helps. If you're patient enough and don't mind grinding for a small return it works. Hell at my age what else is there to do day after day?

63burner

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Never get bored of the chase..

When you have a chance, up on the ladder, you can't get bored. It's exciting, trying to stay ahead/ keep pace with the field. Tonight, grinded, hard, was on the plus side entire way, lost a few hands at the end; finished 3 OTM.
Didn't win, but I was having fun, in the game, total focus.
You have a point, it is hard to focus when things aren't going your way at the table, though.

fenoz

fenoz

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I completely agree with you, sometimes such a time comes when there really is no desire to play, especially with small prizes .. Time is the most important resource of our life.

frost234

frost234

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
Yes you are right. I also lose inspiration when I switch from larger limits to freerolls. You probably need to pause the game for a week to play in a good mood.

tw082

tw082

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
sadly i get most bored when deep in mtt and playing real nit. Can cause bad declensions but i try n have a 2nd game thats unimportant to play during big games so this isn't an issue,

TulasMoreno

TulasMoreno

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
MX
Chips
Yes when I used to play all day long, i sometimes got bored but nothing that 3 hours of doing other thing cant fix.

smallfrie

smallfrie

Lucky Ducky
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
The game, not really. Other players, yes.

Warrior1961

Warrior1961

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips

Hello Friend. Sometimes the same thing happens to me but, considering that 10 years ago I stopped playing poker (I had only done it for a few months) because of anger and boredom, this time I will follow it to the last consequences. I humbly believe that you have to be patient. Those who win at poker (obviously not my case hahaha) I doubt they get bored and yes, you see on weekends, when I don't work, sometimes I end up earning pennies after playing a lot of freerolls and it really makes me want to leave . I understand you perfectly.
Best regards from Buenos Aires.

COMIRRR

COMIRRR

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
RO
Chips
I don't get bored of poker because I don't play much.

K

kalelisback

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips

I would be the same way if I had to go back to the freeroll grind. But the passion will come back once you regain some momentum.

However, these is go bigger adrenaline rush than reaching a final table after surviving 1000+ entrants. The search for this helps to overcome the initial boredom to get back on our feet

The highest of the highs , the lowest of the lows (quote from Jeff Boski)....this is our beloved game

10gerka

10gerka

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
For me, poker has never bored me, I have always felt the adrenaline in all my sessions, so that you never get bored you must have several tables between tournaments and cash, that will make you more active and entertaining.

M

Mikeloti13

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Of course. I quit when it gets boring. And continue after a few days when i have the will to play again.

fernandovr

fernandovr

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I don't get tired, I really enjoy playing poker.

V

valeski 28

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Hi mate.I don´t get bored of this game because ,nowadays,I´m mostly playing freerolls ,so I earn money every day.

HobokenNJ

HobokenNJ

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
yes--sometimes. I do a little more table selection now, so that I'm not playing for multiple hours for a chance at a micro prize -- like 8 cents. That's tough to get fired up for. Plus those large field freerolls (which results in micro prizes) often have a lot of players going all-in too often -- which can make the experience less enjoyable.

malitoxdk16

malitoxdk16

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I think the game gets boring when you're in a tailspin ... when you don't see the results

infonazar

infonazar

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
Earlier, I also sometimes felt bored. I am convinced that in such cases it is best to take a long break. If the game does not give you pleasure or other positive emotions, it is better to stop playing and spend time on other nice things.

Datdude1

Datdude1

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
I don't think that I have ever gotten bored while playing poker. I have however have lost my patience while playing in tournaments and played with reckless abandon.

L

lovido

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
i don't think that i will ever get bored of poker, it actually scares the boredom away each time i play

antonis32123

antonis32123

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
GR
Chips
I feel a little sad with my lack of determination to start studying seriously all the poker stuff that I have in my possession . But bored of poker , no , and I am sure this will never happen :) Angry of some plays or players yes , bored or tired no :)