Do You Ever Get Bored of Poker?

Efeb23

Efeb23

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
yeahhhh...u know when u got that bad day. When anything you do seems to bother the universe. When you play like 5-6 tournaments a day in a row and nothing good comes out of them.

G

gichka97

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I have felt bored of poker only in times when in straight weeks I can not win anything or to get into the crucial and final stages of one tournament. Also, when you try to do everything and can not catch one good hand. That really upsets me. The recovery is simple - get a break of some days or weeks and during that time again my desire to play poker is in my mind, which means I can get back to the action and to have fun again. When I felt bored of poker, I always stop to play.

gallocobain

gallocobain

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Yeah! When I'm playing long tournament and I don't get good hands until the end!

lyudiko

lyudiko

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
Hi. Poker is my hobby. I don’t get tired of a hobby, it gives me pleasure.
If you play poker for a long time, it can become boring or addictive. You should always be able to stop.

S

Sooted7s

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I have never been bored from playing poker but I only ever play for a couple hours a day.

Pokerpoet2

Pokerpoet2

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
Sometimes I get bored, especially if I am running into bad beats and getting dealt garbage hands all the time but Hey! that's poker.
You have to take what you get

Roobz75

Roobz75

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
I don't play poker 24/7 as it were, so I only get bored when I'm in games where the other players take a long time to decide to ultimately fold. Basically slow long winded play, makes me zone out, so I try to avoid those. At the end of the day, bluffing is one thing, but if you don't have a good hands, you're not going to win all hands.

The hands are in the lap of the card Gods...

schtiuky

schtiuky

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Yes some times it feels Like too much time spend and a breack is neded.

Ram41k

Ram41k

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Poker play

As in any game (billiards, cyber sports, etc.) in poker, you also need to take breaks in the game, otherwise poker can quickly get bored.:(

R

ritz_avalanche

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
ya after 1 month of grinding I take a break

Whodahustla

Whodahustla

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Sure

If Poker had an astrological sign....it'd be a Cancerian because every poker player has a relationship with poker filled with a Mixed Bag Of Emotions. One hour your excited, next your hopeful, by the third hour you exhausted, next hour your pumped, after that your pissed and then frustrated. One day your in love with poker and then the next day if you could you'd choke the life out of it. At some point between all these emotions, at some juncture you'll probably go, "I'm bored, I wonder what Chess is like"! LOLOLOL!!!!!!!:D

L

lintsikka

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Been bored, digustasted etc. Then it is good to take a break for awhile to get your interest and motivation back.

F

fezjones

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
When I'm card dead I definitely feel bored. But I'm never actually bored of poker.

P

pokersextreme

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Never just got tired of losing with the best hands.

Zvezda kz

Zvezda kz

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I get bored from time to time, I just get tired of it. I find myself getting tired of the variation poker games like spin & go the most. Moral fatigue from over-riding gives physical fatigue from poker.
First tip, stop playing freerolls, play at least at minimum stakes.

Rocky87345

Rocky87345

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Not bored but I do at times become fed up with online poker specifically taking bad beats or playing 10 to 20 consecutive losing hands in a row probabilities seem twisted online.

D

dianasamu245

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
si

The truth is, there are times where I get a little bored playing either because it is a bad session o por que no se logran resultados satisfactorios yo solo juego torneos y ahi la varianza es brutal cuando me siento asi aveces salgo a caminar o voy a visitar algun amigo asi despejo la mente total al otro dia estoy otra vez con ganas de jugar al poker

H

hanski4

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I have many times after a bad session or a bad day had the thought this is it i don't wanna play anymore. But that feeling goes away after a day or two

J

Jueheigl

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Sometimes I get tired in long tournaments.

medusegorgon

medusegorgon

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
For sure I'm getting tired of long tournaments, but never getting bored of poker)))

shibdevvar

shibdevvar

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Everytime i play tournament i play seriously upto itm. After than i feel bored to sit on table and wait for long time that's the reason i can't ship many tournament

94EXPOS

94EXPOS

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
When I have had the opportunity to play live poker I have always been very interested in the other players, hands even the dealers etc. Online poker however is a different animal. I almost always Multi table other tourneys at the same time while playing free rolls. Even multi tabling cash games but at micro stakes. I also watch sports usually while playing online. If I qualify to play a high end online tourney via a satellite free roll, then I concentrate solely on the 1 tourney.....while watching sports. :)