Do you enjoy playing poker or do you have angry thoughts while playing?

Mag_P1e

Mag_P1e

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
Unfortunately, I can say the same about myself. Maybe not 70%, but half the time (maybe a little more) I feel irritated and hot-tempered, and this does not have the best effect on performance, etc.

luckyfish98

luckyfish98

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
LV
Chips
that you wonder if they are special in this game going all in with 27 or 39
plenty of money but small brains thats why I hate onlaine poker
but I like paying poker
I mean good poker

luckyfish98

luckyfish98

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
LV
Chips
you see, there is no logic, mathematics does not work
online poker has no logic
a worse combination wins by a lot

S

Sopt

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
SI
Chips
If I didn't enjoy it I most likely wouldn't play it. Over the years I learned that I'll never be a pro (which seemed like a beautiful dream when I was younger) and I'm at peace with that. Now I don't have a problem to walk away from the game for longer periods of time and just get back into it whenever I feel like it.

I really don't understand people who do things they don't like doing. (apart from maybe a daily job to well survive)

Luvepoker

Luvepoker

Lost in the twilight zone
Community Guide
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
I rarely get bother by it at this point in my game. I really worked hard to get my tilt under control.

cwdignus

cwdignus

Carpe diem
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
I don't have time to feel angry or happy with poker, poker is a way to make money online and survive, after the pandemic, what was bad here in my country became even worse.... my gratitude to Cardschat for the opportunities, Here I am learning to play and win

hamon08

hamon08

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
I get angry 70% of the time I play
You have to understand that when you are beaten with worse cards or have bad luck for several weeks in a row, it is an integral part of the game. I'm also nervous, especially when my pair of aces is constantly beaten by much worse cards, I get angry when I'm eliminated in a tournament for one participant to the prizes, but I can say that I'm already used to all this and my anger almost never manifests itself, I just mentally tell myself that I did everything I could to win but didn't win and it's not my fault, it's just that my opponent was a little more lucky and that means I will be just as lucky one day.

S

Siphesonkep

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
ZA
Chips
I enjoy playing poker but I start having angry thoughts when I lose

CataRouillet

CataRouillet

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
AR
Chips
I really enjoy playing poker, of course I sometimes get angry when the famous bad beats happen. But it only lasts a second. hahaha

M

MANEJANO

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
MX
Chips
At first I enjoy it but if they beat me with a river it does bother me

23maxim88

23maxim88

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
It's hard to not get upset in poker when your good cards get cracked several times in a row.

V

Vitoeye

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
GB
Chips
Generally when I get angry, it's with myself for stupid decisions.
Though I did throw my phone across the room once with my AA preflop all in being beaten by 72.....calling an all in, pre-flop with 72 just completely baffles me.

jonaselloco

jonaselloco

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
AR
Chips
If you want to become a good poker player or a regular player, you will have to overcome that part of your essence.

It's happened to all of us, don't worry.

You must have anger, when you realize that a hand you played badly has made you lose the hand or a tournament, or a cash box, etc.

I play tournaments, in tournaments you always have defining hands in all instances. And even if you have a 95% chance of winning the hand on a turn, your opponent will always have a 5% chance of winning it from you.

If I have to get angry for every badbeat, or for every hand in which a card doesn't come to me, etc., I couldn't dedicate myself completely to playing this game.

I recommend many videos on YouTube, where there are mental coaches who teach how to control tilt and bad emotions.

Greetings:):):)

testing826

testing826

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
i too get tilted and angry after a big loss in pot or a set ,i enjoy those

john_entony

john_entony

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
I get angry 70% of the time I play
I was angry too, when I was beaten unfairly in my opinion. And now... and now nothing has changed actually :D:ROFLMAO:, I still get angry! So often I have a >90% win on turn and then on river my opponent gets the card he needs! :(:poop:

jonaselloco

jonaselloco

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
AR
Chips
Generally when I get angry, it's with myself for stupid decisions.
Though I did throw my phone across the room once with my AA preflop all in being beaten by 72.....calling an all in, pre-flop with 72 just completely baffles me.
Hello brother

I couldn't understand what you say either.

Of course, AA vs 72o or 72s is a hand that will win at least 80% of the time.

I began to understand this when I realized in a video I saw that even if you have the best hand preflop, the opponent will always have a chance to win his hand.

That is, a 72s for example, preflop versus AA, has 17 real cards from the deck of 48 remaining that can favor it. This would be approximately a 35% chance of winning the hand.
This is not to mention that on a 456 flop with 56 for example supporting his suited, the percentage of winning the hand would be even higher.
Because to the initial percentage, on the turn and river the possibilities of making a straight are added.
That is, seeing the 1st 3 cards, the percentage would be 23 cards out of 45 left in the deck, that is, a 51% possibility.

In other words, seeing the flop, your AA is playing against odds against 72s.

What I do understand from you and it is something that I do not do either, is to pay a raise or an OPR of any position with 72s. If the limp hand comes and I'm in the big blind, I'll play the hand from now on because it's free. But I don't pay a single BB for another player's OPR with 72s or 83s or 93s or any of those hands.

I have been beaten with these types of hands, and at certain times it made me angry. Until one day I took the trouble to see the players who beat me with these hands and where they reached in the tournament.

The percentage of players who beat me with a hand like that and did not even reach the ITM was very high. Afterwards, there was a very low percentage that reached the ITM and were eliminated in those last positions. And there were practically no players who reached the top 20 positions.

With this final reflection I want to tell you that the player who does things well in poker will always win the prize in the long run, I tell you this from my own experience.

You can invest $20 in playing 17 $1.10 tournaments and lose all 17 tournaments with AA. But rest assured that if you invest another 20 dollars, at some point that AA will make you win a tournament and that is where your great poker career will begin.

My regards, brother:):):)

idvelkka

idvelkka

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
its more fun if you have beer 😁

finaltable1

finaltable1

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Most of the time I don't get any feelings when I'm playing micro-low buy-ins, sometimes i'm feeling bad and angry thinkg that I'm wasting my time, maybe that's because I've played high buy-ins in the past, maybe it's because of my character, can't say for sure.

And yeah quite often I'm getting angry when I see some ral stupidity at the table, most of the time it's in cardschat games, against players who play here for many years. ANger arrives after this question that I often ask - Why so stupid?

V

Vitoeye

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
GB
Chips
Hello brother

I couldn't understand what you say either.

Of course, AA vs 72o or 72s is a hand that will win at least 80% of the time.

I began to understand this when I realized in a video I saw that even if you have the best hand preflop, the opponent will always have a chance to win his hand.

That is, a 72s for example, preflop versus AA, has 17 real cards from the deck of 48 remaining that can favor it. This would be approximately a 35% chance of winning the hand.
This is not to mention that on a 456 flop with 56 for example supporting his suited, the percentage of winning the hand would be even higher.
Because to the initial percentage, on the turn and river the possibilities of making a straight are added.
That is, seeing the 1st 3 cards, the percentage would be 23 cards out of 45 left in the deck, that is, a 51% possibility.

In other words, seeing the flop, your AA is playing against odds against 72s.

What I do understand from you and it is something that I do not do either, is to pay a raise or an OPR of any position with 72s. If the limp hand comes and I'm in the big blind, I'll play the hand from now on because it's free. But I don't pay a single BB for another player's OPR with 72s or 83s or 93s or any of those hands.

I have been beaten with these types of hands, and at certain times it made me angry. Until one day I took the trouble to see the players who beat me with these hands and where they reached in the tournament.

The percentage of players who beat me with a hand like that and did not even reach the ITM was very high. Afterwards, there was a very low percentage that reached the ITM and were eliminated in those last positions. And there were practically no players who reached the top 20 positions.

With this final reflection I want to tell you that the player who does things well in poker will always win the prize in the long run, I tell you this from my own experience.

You can invest $20 in playing 17 $1.10 tournaments and lose all 17 tournaments with AA. But rest assured that if you invest another 20 dollars, at some point that AA will make you win a tournament and that is where your great poker career will begin.

My regards, brother:):):)
I should clarify.

I was at risk of being blinded out and had been waiting for a hand to go all in with, then the AA came along.

S/he had a very comfortable position, blind wise, no need to call at all.
72 (o or s irrelevant) got the set of 7's

There was no way I wasn't going all in with that though 😉

Thank you for your input 👍