Do you enjoy playing poker or do you have angry thoughts while playing?

C

Comboss599

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I learnt to be pessimist in poker, all because of this cruel river. If everything goes good i can be pleasantly surprised.

lcid86

lcid86

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
The bad beats add up after a while. I mostly enjoy the game and really don't mind losing when I get it in bad. However, losing 3 times in a row to a 3 outer is no fun.

S

steve01991

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
no sense getting angry, i enjoy playing or i wouldnt play

UngureanuDan

UngureanuDan

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
RO
Chips
I am calm and patience, the only way to be good at this game, when you should get angry just let go and move on.

R

Rmi

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
AR
Chips
Before I used to get angry, but as I learned, it helped me make the best decisions and not get angry anymore.

R

Recreationalplayer

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Mixed emotions.. I do get angry and upset when I am running bad.

antonis32123

antonis32123

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
GR
Chips
If you feel angry take a break , call it a day , focus on other things for the day or more if needed .

WrongUsername

WrongUsername

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
i enjoy until the bad beats come and than angry thoughts come

HistrionCriollo

HistrionCriollo

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
VE
Chips
Poker has been an activity that I have loved for this reason, I don't feel upset about losing or having a bad hand. I play League of Legends and that's where I get annoyed most of the time.

So I really enjoy the game, when I win it's amazing and when I lose it's understandable that I could have done better and I don't get frustrated because I want to learn, basically I remind myself that I'm a rookie.

kabokinha

kabokinha

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
BR
Chips
I love playing poker, but it's sad when your opponent only has 2 outs on the river with a 5% chance and he wins an all win close to bursting the bubble, you can't help but be angry at the situation at the moment, but it's not anger of the game itself, but of the variant, but as time passes you understand that things like this happen and it is part of it, just like it happens to you, of hitting the best card on the river too and ending up winning.

istbno

istbno

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
Angry thoughts during online poker can be detrimental. Frustration from bad beats or losing streaks can cloud judgment. It's crucial to recognize and manage anger, as it leads to impulsive decisions. Embrace mindfulness—pause, assess emotions, and step away if needed. Redirect focus to strategy, not results. Channel frustration into motivation for improvement. Anger compromises decision-making; mastering emotional control is as vital as mastering poker strategy for long-term success.

M

me_035

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
CA
Chips
I don't usually get over my calm and composure since I have started playing Poker. But whenever I get into Money in tournaments, I play too tight to get the money jumps but sometimes I lose premium hands against trash and I get frustrated and lose the tourney.

Veralt

Veralt

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
AR
Chips
I get angry 70% of the time I play
Hahaha, pure and simple honesty.
Lately, I've been playing so many hours that I go through all kinds of emotions.
I usually enjoy it and find it entertaining. I always try to set aside negative thoughts or emotions, but depending on the day, it's not so easy. I believe it's far easier to avoid frustration when playing less frequently. If you spend the entire day immersed in the game, it's difficult to stay focused or concentrate on what's important.

Ingryd

Ingryd

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
I like playing but I feel a lot of anger too I like playing but I feel a lot of anger too

S

s0ftdumps

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Chips
If I didn't enjoy it I most likely wouldn't play it. Over the years I learned that I'll never be a pro (which seemed like a beautiful dream when I was younger) and I'm at peace with that. Now I don't have a problem to walk away from the game for longer periods of time and just get back into it whenever I feel like it.

I really don't understand people who do things they don't like doing. (apart from maybe a daily job to well survive)
It's wonderful that you've found a balance with your gaming hobby and reached a point of peace with the realization that you don't need to be a pro to enjoy it. Taking breaks and returning to the game when it brings you joy is a healthy approach. Not everyone finds that balance, and it's great that you've cultivated a mindset that prioritizes enjoyment over external expectations.

Your perspective on not understanding people who engage in activities they don't enjoy, except for necessary daily tasks, resonates with the importance of pursuing activities that genuinely bring fulfillment. Life is too short to spend time on things that don't contribute positively to your well-being. It's a valuable lesson that can be applied to various aspects of life. Keep enjoying your gaming moments!

Bummy

Bummy

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
UA
Chips
In my opinion, getting angry when you get a pair several times is the same as another player's, but out of 10 hands the opponent always gets a flush - it's normal. But getting angry because of bad hands and then losing your game because of it is not normal.

B

Broz

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
BR
Chips
What's the point of participating in a game that you know will lose more than win (especially those who play tournaments) and still be angry because of it?
Kind of illogical that... :unsure:

Rosylly

Rosylly

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
UA
Chips
Generally i feel calm and okay, but sometimes i can get a little bit angry if i had bad days in poker.

yuriko oyama

yuriko oyama

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
When I started it made me more irritated.
Today I accept more consciously when things don't turn out as I imagined.

NootNoot

NootNoot

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
GB
Chips
Was getting a little frustrated tonight, I wouldn't say angry.

Tough 6-max cash session. First 400 hands kept seeing chronically bad turns or rivers and I made a couple of calls I perhaps shouldn't have. Lost an all-in to a short stack when 80% favourite too.

Turned it around in the end, winning at 21.16 BB/100 which is a good result. It was hard though, just 10.84% hands won and 39.69% won when saw the flop.

Last edited: