Do you consider yourself a good poker player?

R

Roger1960

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Sometimes I think I did a lot better not knowing how to play. With so many just betting with no reason, it was easier for me when I had no clue as to position etc...
I used to just like the look of the cards, overplay junk A rag.
When I would bet, I would just spin the mouse without doing any pot odd assessment or anything. It would price people out of the hand, if they knew what they were doing. lol

S

slikkncik

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
No but i would love to learn more to be a better player

T

tadasjar

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
I’ve started like 2years ago

I’m getting into it now more cause I’m staying at home most of my evenings. I won many tournaments on hold’em and Im learning Omaha as well! Best of luck to all new players !

Dimanis

Dimanis

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I play poorly so far. I try to play more and better. Need to learn more, but to learn lazy. I want to play more.

tame4g

tame4g

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Whenever I start to think I'm a good player, I end up spewing quite a lot. I've come a long way from when first started learning the game, but there's no limit to what I can still learn!

Risto234

Risto234

põrandaalune pokkerimängija
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
EE
Chips
There's nothing wrong to be average player ;)

chilindrodolar

chilindrodolar

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I do not consider myself a professional, but I'm playing quite successfully in the tournament , in this month of November, I and won 170$ , already and studied a lot but I lack to improve , thanks to the forum and improved a lot since I was 5 years knowing the poker , I hope that this month of December and New Year 2020 is the many fruits first mind God.!!!

mountainfox

mountainfox

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
No, I don't consider myself a pro or good player. I have lost my bankroll so many times already. But, I still enjoy the game a lot. I would say that I am just a recreational poker player. I just don't know how to win more than I lose.

U

UncleConRon

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
My opinion

Thats an interesting story on your poker road. My poker road hasn't been as glamourous. I can win the small tournies but the large tournies I usually fall short and lose. I have won and placed in many ten dollar tournies. I have even won and placed in many cardschat tournies. But as far as getting over the hump and winning more then 200, I havent been able to do it.

BriceNice

BriceNice

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
whether you consider yourself a good player or not doesnt matter, its results that tell the tale.

A

Auryn

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Today I lost hand AA against AK and finished 19th in $ 100 freeroll.Was it a bad decision all in?

Hi Tihomir, I lost today with set of aces against flush. The river takes it all.... lol
Normally I slowplay AA or AK. They are only pair or high card if the flop is unlucky.
Dont laugh but sometimes I fold them.

Next time you will be more lucky :)

57noona

57noona

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
I have huge leaks in my poker game. If my poker game was a ship it would be the Titanic after it hit the iceberg. So no I don't think I'm a good player. I still working on my game and trying to improve each day I play now.

wyoming4paul

wyoming4paul

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I was better on FullTilt. Betonline has been a struggle, seems to be more bad beats, I hope it's not my age.

D

DANUTTZ

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Actually I do. I think im really pretty good. I sadly did a good bit of time in prison and had to learn to make money cuz I had no one to send any. I lived pretty comfortably from gambling profits. Some sports and pinochle but mostly poker.

M

marvbake

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I'm a great player. But that involves a lot of self awareness and trying so many creative bluffs and pushing through alot of my inhibitions. You have to be brutally honest with yourself and know how to study your game. Also watch alot of videos. I like Doug Polk's videos. It makes me think of things that I didn't consider before.

Know we all make mistakes. Sometimes those mistakes weigh on us and make us doubt ourselves. But mistakes are all a part of the game. That's why self awareness is important. Being able to look at yourself objectively is crucial to one's improvement

L

Lord Foma

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Hello. I've been playing poker for three years. I consider myself a mid-level player. I do my best to improve my poker game and become a successful poker player. Perhaps if you are lucky to become one of the best players. But until this only my dreams Yes and only.

gglpistori04

gglpistori04

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
No. I consider myself a wannabe professional poker player, and try give my best for myself everytime. Not always I reach the goal, but I work hard to follow the path.

shane4050

shane4050

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I consider myself a knowledgeable and competent poker player when i dont let my emotions get in the way ie knowing and following bankroll management which took a while to get disciplined especially in cash games.

fernandovr

fernandovr

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
No, I'm playing for almost 1 year with real money, I think it's a short time and I know I have a lot to study and learn.

Ranish625

Ranish625

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I'm a bad poker player, that's not working for me, it seems like I play well, but I have not won a single major prize

Warrior1961

Warrior1961

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I am definitely a beginner with some knowledge about poker, but I don't consider myself a good player at all.