Do you consider yourself a good poker player?

akmost

akmost

Rising Star
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
GR
Chips
That depends on how much your opponents give credit to your plays , your screen name makes the difference because of the history and your past plays against them.
For me I am fairly an OK player for the time being!

Gyry

Gyry

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I have been playing for many years, but I started playing seriously recently. a year ago. so I don’t think that I’m a very good player, I still have a lot to learn. sometimes I win and hope that I can improve in this because I want to make money on poker
so Good Luck to you$)

S

Shade768

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
I honestly don't know. I only started playing seriously for like 2 months, and I've been destroying the micro stakes SNGs (like 0.25$ and 0.50$) and increased my BR from 10$ to 100$. My goal is to get it to 1000$ until summer.

X

xx02pl

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I'm not good player, but I'm still working to be better :)

8bod8

8bod8

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Today I lost hand AA against AK and finished 19th in $ 100 freeroll.Was it a bad decision all in?
That was a perfect decision, just bad luck you lost, otherwise you might have made the final table.

W

WileyCoyote

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
In general I usually have the best hand when I am putting my money in the middle. It does not stop flops, turns and rivers from changing things, but in general if you are getting your money in the middle with the best cards you will do well over the long run.

IlyaSavinov

IlyaSavinov

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I can't say if I'm a bad player or a good player! I believe that most of the probability is luck.

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
I think I'm not a bad poker player (I play MTT), but I have problems with the stability of the game, so in 2017 I ended up playing with a little gain !!! This year I play much worse !!! This year I had only a few final tables in which I ended up playing 8-9 places, much more often I finished playing around 14-10 places !!!

neiroob

neiroob

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I know that I’m a bad poker player, I often make wrong decisions, often I’m not lucky, but still I’m interested in playing.

S

Shade768

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
I know that I’m a bad poker player, I often make wrong decisions, often I’m not lucky, but still I’m interested in playing.
It will help you if you lower the range of the hands you're playing.

Andrei Korolev

Andrei Korolev

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I've been playing poker for six years, with different results and UPS and downs.I can say one thing every year I play better...

H

hellomynameiswhat

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Hi.
I think I am intermediate. Ive played 3 years. My goal is to be good by the time I have played 8 years. Here we go!

The Boss

The Boss

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I have been playing poker most of my life. I started young playing mostly 5 and 7 card draw for pocket change with my friends and family. We didn't really have a poker night, just kinda threw games together spuratticly. I had not yet been introduced to hold em, and wasn't too serious about the game, just loved playing.

I began to notice something as the years passed by, I always seemed to walk away from the games with pockets full of change I didn't start with, and undoubtedly outplayed my peers. Still I didn't put much thought into it and continued to play only occasionally for nickels and dimes. Eventually pretty much forgetting the game and went years without playing.

In 2007 I was introduced to Pokerstars by my older brother. I had never played Texas Hold'em or even heard of it. I immediately liked how the hands were played however, and after my brother explained the rules and fundamentals of hold'em I started playing in freerolls and learning more about the game. In no time I was stacking chips and becoming a better player than my brother.

Soon enough I was winning tournaments and gaining confidence. One day I decided to make a minimum deposit and try to play in a good paying tournament. I tried my luck in a 4 dollar sit n go. I ended up taking 3rd place and winning I think like 15 dollars.

After my success in the 4 dollar tournament, I decided to up my wager to the 11 dollar sit n go tournament, which had I believe around 270 players. I started out early with some good hands, and cruised to the final 18 where I went into a drought. The blinds and an unsuccessful bluff attempt were pushing me out the door as we got down to 14 players. I was dealt J 10 suited in good position, had a good feeling about my cards, so I pushed. I was called by 3 other players at the table and watched as the flop dropped 2 more cards of my suit, including the ace. Two of the players who called my all in had bigger stacks than me so I watched as they battled the flop. The turn card was dealt a random useless face and no action went down between the other players. Then came the river and I felt a surge of excitement as my flush came and it was the King, meaning the only hand that could beat me was if one of the other players had the Queen suited in the hole. They didn't, and the huge pot moved me into 3rd place. I rode the momentum all the way to the final table, where I had a great run of lucky cards and won the tournament and the 730 first prize.

In 2008 I won that same $11 tournament 8 times, and placed 2nd, 3rd, or at least top 9 many times. Including a day where I took 1rst, then 2nd, then another 1rst in consecutive tournaments. I had a lot of success on Pokerstars.

So I think I'm a pretty good poker player. I mostly just play at ACR these days "Pokericon17". I don't make deposits, just go on freerolls. I've won first several times in the $10 on demands, and a lot of final tables. Hope to play with you all and look forward to hearing about your poker experience.:fight: :jd4:
I would place myself in the Intermediate level or generously place myself in the Intermediate-Expert level. I have a very solid understanding of the fundamentals along with a good grasp on adapting to my opponents' tendencies and hand ranges. The problem however is that I am not even an expert at the game since I still have a couple major flaws I need to correct. I am still working on "playing the players" and improving my hand reading skills.

A

Ant467

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I do not consider myself a pro, but quite successfully playing in the tournament

P

ph_il

Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I'm good enough to profit from micro-stakes MTTs.

Robin Moura

Robin Moura

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
without modesty I consider myself a regular player I have much to learn more I am happy with my style and techniques of games.

Poker Orifice

Poker Orifice

FoolsTilt
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
I have been playing poker most of my life. I started young playing mostly 5 and 7 card draw for pocket change with my friends and family. We didn't really have a poker night, just kinda threw games together spuratticly. I had not yet been introduced to hold em, and wasn't too serious about the game, just loved playing.

I began to notice something as the years passed by, I always seemed to walk away from the games with pockets full of change I didn't start with, and undoubtedly outplayed my peers. Still I didn't put much thought into it and continued to play only occasionally for nickels and dimes. Eventually pretty much forgetting the game and went years without playing.

In 2007 I was introduced to Pokerstars by my older brother. I had never played Texas Hold'em or even heard of it. I immediately liked how the hands were played however, and after my brother explained the rules and fundamentals of hold'em I started playing in freerolls and learning more about the game. In no time I was stacking chips and becoming a better player than my brother.

Soon enough I was winning tournaments and gaining confidence. One day I decided to make a minimum deposit and try to play in a good paying tournament. I tried my luck in a 4 dollar sit n go. I ended up taking 3rd place and winning I think like 15 dollars.

After my success in the 4 dollar tournament, I decided to up my wager to the 11 dollar sit n go tournament, which had I believe around 270 players. I started out early with some good hands, and cruised to the final 18 where I went into a drought. The blinds and an unsuccessful bluff attempt were pushing me out the door as we got down to 14 players. I was dealt J 10 suited in good position, had a good feeling about my cards, so I pushed. I was called by 3 other players at the table and watched as the flop dropped 2 more cards of my suit, including the ace. Two of the players who called my all in had bigger stacks than me so I watched as they battled the flop. The turn card was dealt a random useless face and no action went down between the other players. Then came the river and I felt a surge of excitement as my flush came and it was the King, meaning the only hand that could beat me was if one of the other players had the Queen suited in the hole. They didn't, and the huge pot moved me into 3rd place. I rode the momentum all the way to the final table, where I had a great run of lucky cards and won the tournament and the 730 first prize.

In 2008 I won that same $11 tournament 8 times, and placed 2nd, 3rd, or at least top 9 many times. Including a day where I took 1rst, then 2nd, then another 1rst in consecutive tournaments. I had a lot of success on Pokerstars.

So I think I'm a pretty good poker player. I mostly just play at ACR these days "Pokericon17". I don't make deposits, just go on freerolls. I've won first several times in the $10 on demands, and a lot of final tables. Hope to play with you all and look forward to hearing about your poker experience.:fight: :jd4:

And then I realized my clock radio alarm had already gone off as I could hear my mother calling up the stairs to my bedroom "Billy!!! You're gonna be late for school again! And Billy... what's been happening to your lunch money each day?"

Cool story! ;)

Poker Orifice

Poker Orifice

FoolsTilt
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
It depends. When I'm awake I'm really not that good.

MemphisGrind

MemphisGrind

Think Bink
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I am a "good" cash game player and an "average" tournament player. That being said, the bulk of my studying over the last few months has been in MTT's so hopefully I'll be able to change the "average" to "good" by the end of the year. I consider "good" to be profitable over a years worth of time and "average" to be break/even slightly losing over a years time, for reference.

A

aces4allin

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I think it depends on my mood...If i get bored sometimes i get reckless...Also a good player should be able to win freerolls...In my opinion they are a true test of a good player :)

B

Badbeatbobby

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Couple possible tips

I think I am quiet bad actually , I keep seeing people saying these days that they study every day ( streamers at least ) and now people on this forum to ,
so what are you guys study and were you find your materials , are there any open sources? as the links I see from the streamers are expensive they all a few hundred dollars I dont have that money available .
If any of you have some free sources or at least cheaper courses/materials I'd be grateful.

I just downloaded an App an have on done one test but I glanced at a few others.

They are scenarios that are exactly the kind that arise in Hold em. Starting hands, under the gun scenarios bet and raised situations act. It's called poker fight. I watch WPT ON TV a lot and play every day.

MrPokerVerse

MrPokerVerse

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I'm a winning poker player but don't consider myself good. It would be more accurate to say an above average player. I'd have to be more consistent and disciplined to be a good player.

R

recoveryagent

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Uner his handle it says banned. Was he really and what for?

rfbh54

rfbh54

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
No, I consider myself an average poker player. There are many things that need to be fixed, such as concentration when a long game is playing.