Do you consider yourself a good poker player?

MMaki1981

MMaki1981

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Decent but wanting to get better

Overall I think I am a decent poker player and I know that with age, I have also gotten better. I think this is simply because I have more patience to wait for a hand worth playing. I'm also more willing to take risks but also know when to fold and stop chasing the hand. I also try to quickly work out odds and possibilities in my head. So I think I have a good foundation.

However, it is really hard to truly gauge just how good you are when you only play online poker and mostly freerolls. Most of the freerolls are full of people just wanting to play BINGO. I have played in some smaller buy-in MTT and STT games but I am still finding too many BINGO players. I am trying to get enough nerve to play in some bigger buy-in games but I fear it won't make a difference in the quality of players unless I drastically raise the buy-in.

elJenio8

elJenio8

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
If u can call others hands and know when to bluff and what to bet, yeah you can consider that a good player.

Personally i always consider myself a good poker player, but i wasnt when i first started, now i have more experience and yes i do. its the only sport where everyone think is the best,

P

pony722

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
I like to think I am good and do well sometimes then reality sets in and I realize I can use more practice lol

perrywh

perrywh

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
Im a great player today. Yesterday not so great and the day before I sucked!
Its like sport play. You have great days and not so great! As long as you have the great days it pays off to be a player!

dallam

dallam

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I tend to be confident, great at analysing. I have courage to play and fold too. The fact is that i usually eliminated after more chance to win than to loose (flop-turn situations). But I've overcome it.
I always watch youtube videos, about successes and bad beats and before the other's move I make my imaginary step. And it's exciting to see the results. I am gonna prove only to myself that I can actually bring my game to a new level. And maybe one eternaty later type that I am a good poker player ;)

C

CallmeFloppy

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I consider myself an average player. I do well enough to make a small profit from playing but certainly not good enough to play mid stakes.

sharipov8090

sharipov8090

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Hi all of us are players who are in constant training and call themselves professionals yet can not because they have not reached great heights in this field!Wish you good luck I hope I'll meet you at pokerstars my nick pdth.uf

angelluv725

angelluv725

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
:) Even though I have been playing a few years, I am not a very good poker player yet. I am doing better now that I am learning when I should Hold them and Fold them, especially before the flop and turn. I figure I should learn to chase more.. lol.. I just get tired in long tourneys and folding too many hands.:(

S

Szachajevy

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
sometimes my mood control my game, but I get better every day

kley126

kley126

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
VE
Chips
I think that in order to feel a good player they would have to talk about your achievements at the tables, apart from that you have to constantly prepare and study to be an excellent long-term player

D

dregan

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I think I'm an average poker player. I started playing not so long ago. So far I have no big wins.

tihomir_kula

tihomir_kula

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BG
Chips
My self opinion as a poker player decreases as the time passes by.

maxivega

maxivega

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Game long ago, but that does not make me a good player. I will never end up being good at poker, there is always something to learn. Jamas pair of Aces will give the guarantee of winning a hand or tournament and that's the beauty of it. Competition is something that makes poker difficult to perfect and to achieve. Today you win a tournament and you're a great player, morning before the bubble lose and you're a failure, for me there is no way of knowing whether you're good or not. :D:D:D

chilindrodolar

chilindrodolar

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I believe that all, or nearly all, we joined up in this school (or any other), we aim to end up living of Poker as work.
There are too generic...to try to win as much as possible and do not depend on the rakeback, take this as an aid for when you hit the variance.At the time you take it seriously and you can live it.I tried to speak of when to consider setting aside other work, work, study, employment prospects, etc... To pursue a career in poker, and in that sense, the characteristics of the poker is where I believe that we should be tight in the decision.

lanelane

lanelane

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Although I've been playing for a long time, I'm not a good enough player. I lack the patience I think is essential to poker. I often giv calls that seem to have very little chance. This is enough for me to lose the game towards the end of the party.

venycyos

venycyos

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
My biggest problem is bankroll management and patience, so I'm a weak player. Say like fish and I am swallowed by the sharks.

IcyPlayChips

IcyPlayChips

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Slightly above the average I'd like to say.

63burner

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Consider myself an average player..

Since I almost break even, overall, I'd consider myself an average player. Playing Cardschat freerolls, most players know how to play, ins and outs, etc. With everything being even, talent wise, it comes down to luck.
An average player can have a great tourney, if luck comes at the right time. This average player is still on the outside; never have broken the bubble, and actually won a tourney.

Igor Popadyk

Igor Popadyk

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
as soon as I start working on a game-theory, video results are improved, but laziness does not allow further development!

German629

German629

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Hi the All CardsChat Community! I'm play in the Poker a long time... Earlier, when was old Full Tilt and PokerStars was another, played in plus and on the Life generally was enough... Now, when PokerStars redeemed Full Tilt, and he became only satellite PokerStars (read, that the same thing), and on the PokerStars changed Host, this main Poker room on the planet Earth became absolutely another, I'm play in very small plus... Therefore enough only on the Food, and I'm spend more time on the Poker, that simply
survive... But I'm positive man, and hence believe only in the Best, and therefore I will work yet more above own Skill!..:cool:

S

sibird

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Stand in front of a mirror and look at your face. Would you say, your appearance is ugly? The answer is no. We all are used to see the better side in ourselves.
And that gives the answer to your question. Yes, i consider myself as a good player. I can't think of myself as a bad player. But in really whether i am a good player or not depends on my performance.

B

BrunoIngrassia

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
I think there are no good or bad players but there are players who understand the game and those who will still understand

D

dorynel7

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I play well, still working to be much good in the future.

kley126

kley126

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
VE
Chips
I really don't even feel that I'm missing a lot I lose control and patience when I lose a good boat I have to control many things to be a winning player