Do You Believe in Streaks of Bad Luck?

AshK44

AshK44

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Do you believe in bad luck streaks?

Variance is something every poker player has to learn to play through. If you let you emotions control your betting or playing style then you need to work on recognizing your ups and downs and adjusting accordingly when you are having a bout of “bad luck” sometimes you may need to take a break and come back to it the next day.

C

C3H6S

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
yes my friend i believe in bad luck ...is very often y my session maybe 2 or 3 days in a row

nimburkx

nimburkx

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
2 years every day playing poker still bad luck streaks:)))))

V

vvv

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
That is variance, bad luck or just the softuer wants to destroy your bankroll. I don't know but my advice to you guys is just to stop playing for a couple of days or u will be busted

Alex Kim27

Alex Kim27

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
yes, of course, luck is important! but when I win, I think I played well. and when I lose very often, I think that this is a failure😁

subaru16162

subaru16162

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Yes, I have good streaks and bad streaks. Sometimes its just not going you way!

F

Forbesy604

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I do not believe in bad luck streaks myself

S

Slomeslak62

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
i dont believe in streaks, it's just a game of luck,
sometimes you win sometimes not

RedGnom

RedGnom

Run, Forester! Run!
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
Variance is something every poker player has to learn to play through. If you let you emotions control your betting or playing style then you need to work on recognizing your ups and downs and adjusting accordingly when you are having a bout of “bad luck” sometimes you may need to take a break and come back to it the next day.

Absolutely agree with you. Everything what you need when facing "bad luck" is an interrupt on-time. This is a most valuable moment to estimate real situation and act suitably

I

izuher

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Hello. Naturally, I do not believe in such things. This is the main idea of ​​poker. And when you accept it, you grow up as a player. Enough of getting lucky, trust math.

Andrei Lisovets

Andrei Lisovets

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
At the moment, PS is not lucky, for 2 days, I'm flying out at the middle stage, but at PokerDom, I just took 12th place, PS what is enchanted.

wilpinsi

wilpinsi

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I do not believe in bad luck, I believe in bad players, variance, and lack of strategies, that can lead to ruin

T

TinskiM

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I believe in bad luck, how many times I lost with AA, I cannot count.
Sometimes I am loosing with the same player at the table over and over again, it does not matter what cards I have.

SydTheCat

SydTheCat

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I think there is something else besides variance that causes good luck and bad luck. whether it's and outside influence or something within.
If you ask a successful person who has made lots of money and happiness, they will tell you they believed they would be successful and just made it happen.
I think there is something to the power of belief. Some of the best poker players use meditation. they're training their mind to stay positive and expect good cards.
my personal experience is when I'm running good, it's days where I'm feeling good about myself. I expect to get good cards and I do.
But then there are days when I'm sluggish, tired. I fear a card is going to hit on the river and sure enough it does. That's negativity, and I think it effects our play.

B

bravissim0

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
My black band started as soon as I started playing poker

Ebsonip

Ebsonip

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
When you see that you are losing a lot, stop a little because this will only bring anger and you will end up without strategies

AshK44

AshK44

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I think there is something else besides variance that causes good luck and bad luck. whether it's and outside influence or something within.

If you ask a successful person who has made lots of money and happiness, they will tell you they believed they would be successful and just made it happen.

I think there is something to the power of belief. Some of the best poker players use meditation. they're training their mind to stay positive and expect good cards.

my personal experience is when I'm running good, it's days where I'm feeling good about myself. I expect to get good cards and I do.

But then there are days when I'm sluggish, tired. I fear a card is going to hit on the river and sure enough it does. That's negativity, and I think it effects our play.

I agree with this. The power of belief is often underestimated. If you believe You’ll play well then it helps you play with confidence, aggression and conviction which produces good results. Nice post. I like it.

F

fishinabowl

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
of course. In tournaments all the time with me.
Especially these situations:
If I play good cards, I never hit the board.
If I fold crap cards, I would have flopped the nuts.
That's called BAD LUCK.
Or when you have a good hand you can play, one or more short stacks shove, and there you are with your AQ or 9Ts.
And losing 5 times in a row with AK to AJ.
Luck is a big factor. If you say it isn't, you probably have "normal" luck.
Or when you finally start to have some good cards and you make your draws, there's no action.
Or when you fought your way up and have a decent stack of chips, about average, suddenly you are moved to another table with big stack aggro's. And there's no play, except the shove or fold game. And yes, we never win a coin flip.
You need a shitload of luck to win a tournament or even single table sit n go's. There's no denying this. Everything has to go your way in a tournament.

AMTTT

AMTTT

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
losing streak in 2018 following me, 2019 will be a good year)

U

UncleConRon

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
My opinion

I believe the cards go in streaks. You can blame it on a talisman back cat or something. But really they come around when the odds are suppose to go for or against you. See in the land of probability it all equals out. Magic charms tell you when its time for that part of probability.

Kenzie 96

Kenzie 96

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
I never get good cards. I have to play crap and close my eyes. The only time that I noticed that I got good cards is after a trip to the bathroom and I've been folded.

You are really going to enjoy old age. :rolleyes:

F

fishinabowl

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
busted again. 2x
Had straight nuts on turn. Opponent has pocket jacks. Which is top pair. He was super aggressive. Pushes me all in. I obviously called with the nuts. River is an 8 (Opponent had 3 outs). Busted.
At the exact same time in another tournament, the same thing happened. Lost with straight. Opponent had 4 outs to make a bigger straight. Busted
Busted in 2 tournaments at the exact same time in the same situation.
This crap just never stops. This is sick. Especially when it happens (again) at the exact same time, almost exactly in the same way.
I'm not even amazed anymore. This kind of bad luck feels normal. lol
And yeah surely I get my 1 outer as well, when the pot is so small that I'm not even bothered with it.
And when I do have some luck, it's in a 10 cent SNG, and I win 27 cents (and with "some luck" I mean that your cards hold until the end)
And on sharkscope, it says my ability is 60. No shit. If you get your money is as a favourite 90% of the time, and get beat up 90% of the time, you are not able to win. Poker is luck. Or better, the absence of bad luck. Just that. You don't have to be a genius to play this game.

Last edited:
johnwat2

johnwat2

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
I always have more bad luck then good so yeah I believe!:icon_boun