Do You Believe in Streaks of Bad Luck?

U

Unashamed88

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I agree with this. The power of belief is often underestimated. If you believe You’ll play well then it helps you play with confidence, aggression and conviction which produces good results. Nice post. I like it.
100% The miracle is in your mouth the bible calls it. While I'm not here to discuss religion(This isn't the forum or platform for it). We all have to admit that emotion gets reaction. This is why all gamblers fear the tilt and it's so widely talked about. And we all have those days where we are or are not "feeling it". It's important to address your emotions and feelings before starting your daily game. Once you've sat down at the table it is too late. Speak positive to your self and your game and make sure your mentally ready for the challenege.

You need to be of sound mind and body when you get those cards in front of you because the game of Poker at a truly skillfull level asks alot of us mentally and emotionally. You need to be on your A-Game Mathematically speaking to get it in when it's good. And if you do get cracked or don't win your coinflip you need to be emotionally stable to let it roll off your back and keep grinding.

B

brettlums

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Everyone is going to have swings with variance what really matters is how you deal with it. If you find yourself in a huge downswing take a step back do some studying and see if you can find any issues at all with your play, improve it and get back in the ring.

B

B1BOMBER

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Yes I believe in bad luck my streak is gone on for 54 years it's called my life. But if it wasn't for bad luck, I'd have no luck at all!!!:D:D

mastekator

mastekator

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Ofc streaks of bad luck exists. When I got the best hand and nuts, but four of the kind beat me, and after that i got only 2-3 3-4 etc, it means that you need to take a break for half an hour and rest. This will help to avoid excessive irritability at a minimum and will save your money.

prozitu

prozitu

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
i think maybe being on tilt or playing poorly with a bad strategy is the problem rather than bad luck..

odo333

odo333

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
In my case, when I have something that is supposed to bring me happiness, the opposite happens, I have bad luck. I have not used for a long time, no talismans. Thinking is the most important thing mate

mitroff

mitroff

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Disciplined play games which you can afford by bankroll and which bands of failure you are not afraid of.

B

bright019

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Hello everyone,

I often find my self in having forexample on monday a lot of luck. Winning every hand in which I have 25% odds. And the next day I find my self having trouble winning hands in which I have at least 80% odds.

My question is, do you believe that there does something excist (not a god or something like that ofcourse) that makes you having those bad luck, goodluck streaks?

I often hear that people have something like a tallisman around, a cardprotector that they believe brings luck or something else. Do you believe in that kind of stuff, because I am starting to believe in those.

I have a strong believe that everyone has a certain degree of luck but not always in the same things. Some people have a lot of luck in love or in staying healthy their whole live and other have a lot of luck in games or in lotteries. That doesn't mean you can only have luck in one thing but in 1 thing more than the other.
For me personally I always have been lucky when I wanted /needed a new job. For example running in to a friend you haven't seen for some time and he points you to your new job.

So I don't think luck in poker is the same for everyone. My good luck streaks are always much shorter then my bad streaks. At all in shoot outs tournaments I am practically always the first to get out. At the deal on PS I win most of the time zero and sometimes 1 or 2 coins back. And when the jackpot is hit I often just forgot to play for that 1 time.

But sometimes I even have a lot of luck in poker. I remember playing tournaments and being a little bored just went all in with ATC because I wanted to get out and win a big hand . Those tournaments where every hand you play you hit the flop and crush the table. But that happens maybe 1 in a 100 times ?

qRock

qRock

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Unfortunately statistics does not depend on our faith. Nobody canceled the dispersion and you may have long losing streaks, so do not forget about bankroll management.

Dimanis

Dimanis

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I think that no longer plays the role of skill than luck. When you know how to play well and even rushing card, it's just chocolate.

VivicvrMga

VivicvrMga

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I do not believe in luck, but in ability.

PaxMundi

PaxMundi

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I dont really think of it as good luck or bad luck it's just variance taking affect.If you flip a coin 10 times and bet on heads and you flip 7 tails it's not really unlucky.It's just the sample size is to small for the variance to converge.Is it unlucky to lose with AA vs KK ? i would say no because your meant to lose in that spot 20% of the time.Variance can just impact bigger over small samples but the results aren't unexpected.Within long samples you would expect to see these type of unbalanced runs that eventually even out in the long run.

Marctowin

Marctowin

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Everyone believes that only a Lame Zebra runs past the hungry stomach of a Lion.