Do They Really Know How to Play?

E

eagleaces

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Ever play a game of poker and for a while it seems like these players know what they doing. But as the night goes on you have to wonder if they really are good or just rushing. Worse is someone who is killing the table, you meet them at the bar or soda machine or while smoking a cig. They start opening their mouths and you learn they are super donk and barely know basic poker strategy. DO YOU EDUCATE THEM OR DO YOU ENCOURAGE THIER BAD IDEAS?????

MishkaZL

MishkaZL

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
The more mistakes our opponents make, the better for us. I do not criticize or teach anyone. I just enjoy the game and increase my bankroll every week.

Artur22277

Artur22277

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I think no one knows exactly how to play, even if a person has a lot of experience in playing:pcguru:

COMIRRR

COMIRRR

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
RO
Chips
Maybe he thinks the same about you ...

S

samuri

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
POKER

You should not teach someone that's playing bad. We all started that way and learn by research and many table games. You learn from mistakes made. He will learn like the rest of us. If you feel bad because he has no clue send him some money.

terryk

terryk

TheCanuckwithalltheluck
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Now why would we help someone beat us? :eek:

akmost

akmost

Rising Star
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
GR
Chips
Why to tell someone if he did a mistake? Since you play against someone then he is your villain and your target is to outplay him or get his money , that's poker.

On the other side of the coin it's very frustrating putting someone in range but he is random clicking.

deputat777

deputat777

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Ever play a game of poker and for a while it seems like these players know what they doing. But as the night goes on you have to wonder if they really are good or just rushing. Worse is someone who is killing the table, you meet them at the bar or soda machine or while smoking a cig. They start opening their mouths and you learn they are super donk and barely know basic poker strategy. DO YOU EDUCATE THEM OR DO YOU ENCOURAGE THIER BAD IDEAS?????

When your opponent makes a lot of mistakes, that's good for you. Seize the moment and raise your bankroll. Good luck with the cards.

vnnby

vnnby

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
BY
Chips
Everyone has their own path, in any case I can give advice, but the choice is always made by everyone for himself. No one is wrong, it is important to benefit from the actions and eliminate repetitions in the future.

rock0001

rock0001

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
even good players can make mistakes sometimes, so it will depend of many factors to decide how good a player really is, not just from a couple of hand or even a tournament but how much do these players profit over the long run and how accurate are his/her decision in the long run.

H

Houdini9

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Absolutely ENCOURAGE THEM! LOL

Remember, Poker is a game of odds. In the long run, if you play correct, the odds play out in your favor vs gamblers and donks. Understand odds, and encourage playing like a donk. Easy Money. :)

GL GL,

HOUDINI9

A

Aivaronis

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
LT
Chips
I know how to play, every day more and more

Herkstwin

Herkstwin

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
Poker is NOT A TEAM SPORT/GAME!!!
When you meet this guy, get his name, find out when he comes to the poker room, and CONGRATULATE him on his great game. Then arrange your schedule to play at the same table as often as you can. This player is your source of long-term profits!
Never ever offer him any advice - even if he asks.
Our home group has three bad players. Sometimes they run hot and have a big night. That's poker. Most of the time they go home losers and frequently as big losers. None of us has ever told any of them how to play better.

Amanda A

Amanda A

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
That's one good thing about playing online, you can sharkscope your table (unless players opted out) and see if you are up against long term winning players or if if they are just on a heater. I love getting an idea of my competition this way.

H

Holdem Tycoon

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
A broken clock is correct twice a day. You don’t have to be a clock maker to know if it’s broken.

fletchdad

fletchdad

Jammin................
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
DO YOU EDUCATE THEM OR DO YOU ENCOURAGE THIER BAD IDEAS?????

At a poker table, in a live situation or online, whatever they do, let them know you think they are awesome.

Here, in a community poker forum, it is fine to tell players what, in your opinion, they are doing wrong. At the table, I want them to keep playing like this.

When I raise with AA, get 3-bet and I 4 bet and they call, flop runs A 4 9 rb, I bet they call, turn 8, I raise they jam, we both show and they have 2 5o. River (what else) a 3. I would NEVER try to say anything but GG. (I say try cause it IS hard to accept this level of bad playing when it costs me a stack)

But thats just me.

K

kanycta99

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Why teach your opponent? Let him make mistakes in our favor.

Mati532

Mati532

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
AR
Chips
You should not teach someone who is playing poorly. We all start that way and learn with study and practice. Even good players can make mistakes sometimes, so it turned out to be a lot of factors deciding how good a player really is.

Pokerpoet2

Pokerpoet2

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips

I wouldn't try to tell anyone how to play Poker, for a start you are encouraging them to be able to beat you on the felt, which you don't want, and some players take it as an insult if you are correcting their mistakes, or bad plays.
Personally I would let them get on with it and let them learn for themselves, (The hard way).

When the fun Stops, STOP!

R

ruco72

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Why waste time with donks? :D
Just smile and wave boy, smile and wave!!

elJenio8

elJenio8

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I dont give them ideas , unless someone ask me, after all, you have to play with them