SopianaeExtra

SopianaeExtra

between my 2 ears
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
DE
Chips
I could be the best player in the world and I still would have enough respect for my opponent's self-esteem as to not attempt giving him a lecture. In 9 out of 10 cases it comes off as arrogant and patronizing.

AKQ

AKQ

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I could be the best player in the world and I still would have enough respect for my opponent's self-esteem as to not attempt giving him a lecture. In 9 out of 10 cases it comes off as arrogant and patronizing.
there is also an unsaid rule on the table

DON'T TAP THE GLASS
the fish are having fun swimming around doin fish stuff
you are catching fish just fine.
Then someone tells the fish they suck and are bad and need to be better
Then my fishin pole gets little to no bites and actually ruins the fun for the fish.
Who was partying fishlike but not anymore!

AKQ

AKQ

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips

If I give you a poker lecture
its because I like you and want to see you win.

You know giving advice to a certain player instantly TILTS him.

you guessed it the best in the world Phill Hellmuth

tell him he made a bad play and needle him

his mind will start flipping like a quarter

DanS87

DanS87

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
In that particular situation, I'd let them carry on doing what they are doing.

They've been playing an apparently good game, but when you've spoken to them they apparently don't know the first thing about poker. I may be cynical, but I see that there is one of 2 situations here.

1) They really don't know anything, and as such, any advice/encouragement (purposefully good or bad, either way) you give them will come across as you telling them that they are an idiot and have only succeeded in being very lucky, and that's unnecessary.

2) They actually DO know a lot about poker, and are instead trying to hide that fact, or are even trying to get you to open up about how much you know and get a read on your ability and so forth. If this is the case you REALLY don't want to volunteer any information as that could be what they need to start eating into your stack.

Either option, I see it as a bad idea to start down the 'advice' route and instead you're better off at most, just commenting that they appear to be having a good game and wish them luck.

Subel007

Subel007

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I think that nobody knows exactly how to play.
It is poker,there are not tactics,there are strategies which can help you to make right decisions

T

tomazal

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Ever play a game of poker and for a while it seems like these players know what they doing. But as the night goes on you have to wonder if they really are good or just rushing. Worse is someone who is killing the table, you meet them at the bar or soda machine or while smoking a cig. They start opening their mouths and you learn they are super donk and barely know basic poker strategy. DO YOU EDUCATE THEM OR DO YOU ENCOURAGE THIER BAD IDEAS?????

I agrre with the others, you don't educate anybody (who does't ask for)

Z

zipocool

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
fish are always needed in poker, if a player makes some serious mistakes, then at a distance he will give you his money, the presence of such people at the poker table can only be welcomed and you must behave with them in a friendly and respectful manner

P

PAiceman

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
playing hold'em

believe in self 1st and most , learn from common mistakes and make new and acheivable choices in poker play. patience and playing top 40 hands can erase any badplay and make playing more enjoyable .:jd4: hope this helps GL on the felt, sincerly yours:jd4: iceman

SopianaeExtra

SopianaeExtra

between my 2 ears
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
DE
Chips
fish are always needed in poker, if a player makes some serious mistakes, then at a distance he will give you his money, the presence of such people at the poker table can only be welcomed and you must behave with them in a friendly and respectful manner
It feels nice to finally receive the recognition from someone who sees my true value as a fish! :) Without us the game would be as dry as sticks!

D

deputat

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I don't educate them I encourage their bad ideas:)

pavel1111111

pavel1111111

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
RO
Chips
I guess not, because so far I have no notable results or money :), so it can be said that I am just an amateur:)

Q

Queen Anna 777

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
i not an pro for yet so maybe not for full all haha

M

moularaki

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
MA
Chips
neither of it
I would use it against them at the table to take advantage

BelFish

BelFish

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
BY
Chips
It is better to focus on your game and try to make better decisions. And also remember what types of mistakes different opponents make, so that later it’s more correct to play against them.

Chica_bonita

Chica_bonita

Sad Funny Lady🌬
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
RU
Chips
Now I only play online. It is difficult for me to judge such a question. :icon_scra:dontknow:
But if you think about it: you come to the table to play. And that's all. What difference does it make to you whether these people are smart or stupid in your opinion? There is a table and a game. It is important to observe their behavior at the table, not outside it.
They came to this table, so they have some idea about the game. If not, it's good for you.

E

emzadii

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
as the saying goes: when playing against a bunch of fish, "don't tap the aquarium."

Ragonesi

Ragonesi

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Computer facilitates a lot poker gaming, so put that player on a live table and then you see if they really know how to do it

danoscar

danoscar

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Sometimes I feel like a fish, sometimes I do not. Makes it interesting.

slicheri93

slicheri93

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Yeah, but we love players who makes a mistake at the end right? even if they get lucky, you know oh this player has these mistakes in his game, it's always good info

you wouldn't want to be playing at everyone who is good right, how will you win?

S

seraxel

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
The stuff coming out of their mouth that makes you think they're terrible could be part of the game.

cindymagaly

cindymagaly

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I have basic notions to play, I know the different winning hands, the odds of winning and the game of position at the table, but particularly according to my point of view I play blind to what I know, I can win a tournament with three all in where my hand at the beginning is worse than the opposite, but that also depends on luck which is essential in poker, luck to win a hand, luck because they will not accept a lie, luck because they disconnected etc... but always have a basic notion to understand the game after a few months you will be a good poker player.

Claudiunm

Claudiunm

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
Is this question serious?
Poker is a competition. Why would I want my opponent to get stronger?
Besides, he might even take offense.

Sivraj

Sivraj

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Everyone has their own path, in any case I can give advice, but the choice is always made by everyone for himself. No one is wrong, it is important to benefit from the actions and eliminate repetitions in the future.

Good point I feel like everybody has their own style of play even with crappy cards you can win.

N

No Bologna

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
No Bologna

A lot of them don't. See a lot of players go all in early in a tournament and only have a pair. Yes, you can chip up if you have a decent hand, but that's not real poker. not much thinking there.

Happylake

Happylake

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
It's like roulette. If you're lucky, you won't be lucky. Some pretend that they know how to play, others disguise themselves as those who do not know how and win