Not open for further replies.
Sean Pilgrim

Sean Pilgrim

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
while Im here, here's a question: this table was a deepstack, but I bought in for my normal $5. Surely if you wanna play deep then you just go to the 10NL table, right? what am I missing here?

Well if you go to a 10NL your blinds are .05/.10 deep stack at that table your blinds are still .02/.05 but you can buy in for a double buy in...

Just lets the stacks be @ 200BB instead of regular 100BB.

S93

S93

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Its obvs not the same as 10nl since not every one are gonna buy in for 200bb but if you feel u have skill edge and are comfortable playing deep u should def buy in deep imo.

BelgoSuisse

BelgoSuisse

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
FYI, I'm not a loyaler anymore. By request.

Munchrs

Munchrs

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
FYI, I'm not a loyaler anymore. By request.

always had some beef with the loyaler thing, probably because i havent got the status to make the choice you did or not make that choice...

KerouacsDog

KerouacsDog

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Well if you go to a 10NL your blinds are .05/.10 deep stack at that table your blinds are still .02/.05 but you can buy in for a double buy in...

Just lets the stacks be @ 200BB instead of regular 100BB.
really didnt think about the blinds, lol!

Its obvs not the same as 10nl since not every one are gonna buy in for 200bb but if you feel u have skill edge and are comfortable playing deep u should def buy in deep imo.
not sure I have the skill edge yet, but yeah maybe I'll try some deep tables and see how i get on...

slycbnew

slycbnew

Cardschat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
really didnt think about the blinds, lol!

not sure I have the skill edge yet, but yeah maybe I'll try some deep tables and see how i get on...

There are a bunch of scattered posts that refer to things you need to think about when you're deepstacked, but I'm not remembering where they are. c9 wrote some general pointers in one of the chat threads a few months ago, it'd be worth finding them, I remember them being very helpful. The points I remember off the top of my head:

Big pairs go down in value deepstacked, implied odds hands (esp sc's) go up in value.

Don't be eager to get all in pf w less than KK (see above).

Don't go all in pf w AK.

Position is even more important than as a 100bb stack.

3bet and 4bet more than you would as a 100bb stack.

KerouacsDog

KerouacsDog

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
There are a bunch of scattered posts that refer to things you need to think about when you're deepstacked, but I'm not remembering where they are. c9 wrote some general pointers in one of the chat threads a few months ago, it'd be worth finding them, I remember them being very helpful. The points I remember off the top of my head:

Big pairs go down in value deepstacked, implied odds hands (esp sc's) go up in value.

Don't be eager to get all in pf w less than KK (see above).

Don't go all in pf w AK.

Position is even more important than as a 100bb stack.

3bet and 4bet more than you would as a 100bb stack.

thanks sly, for these points, and I'll have a look around see if I can pick anything else up.

slycbnew

slycbnew

Cardschat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
thanks sly, for these points, and I'll have a look around see if I can pick anything else up.

Thank c9, I'm just repeating what he said (and prob forgot two or three points from that post), though I'm happy to pass it along... :D

S

switch0723

Cardschat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
always had some beef with the loyaler thing, probably because i havent got the status to make the choice you did or not make that choice...

dont worry you're not missing anything, i'd decline it if you are made into 1.

Finally back to even again for this month, hopefully can make some money now

Jagsti

Jagsti

I'm sweet enough!
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
dont worry you're not missing anything, i'd decline it if you are made into 1.

Good job on getting unstuck m8.

F Paulsson

F Paulsson

euro love
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
From one thing to another: I don't, as first suspected, have ankylosing spondylitis which basically means that I've gone this week from thinking there was a very real risk I'd spend the last third of my life essentially crippled to finding out I probably just need to get some back exercises from a physical therapist and be good with that for a few months and I should be fine.

(While AS might seem like a long shot if you happen to know anything about it or read the wiki page, it's hereditary and my dad has it - and my back pain has been showing signs of similarities plus that I tested positive for the relevant gene - so this is not me being a hypocondriac)

So yeah, uh... Yay, me! Yay for continuing indefinitely to be able to lift and hold my son!

NineLions

NineLions

Advanced beginner
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Def good news, Fredrik!

Munchrs

Munchrs

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips

i love swings, lost 6 buyins then won 8 with about 2k hands last night. Sat to the left of the biggest donk ever, was valuebetting 99 on all three stretts for like1.5x pot bets on AK48J board lol, and winning!!!

Jurn8

Jurn8

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
im back from skiing, anything cool happend?

Jagsti

Jagsti

I'm sweet enough!
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
im back from skiing, anything cool happend?

Yeah, leatherass has made a well thread on CC, Belgo is no longer a loyaler, and FP has just received some good news, read 3 posts up.

M

Marginal

Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Don't forget all the short stack hate that has been popping up this month.

Jagsti

Jagsti

I'm sweet enough!
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
From one thing to another: I don't, as first suspected, have ankylosing spondylitis which basically means that I've gone this week from thinking there was a very real risk I'd spend the last third of my life essentially crippled to finding out I probably just need to get some back exercises from a physical therapist and be good with that for a few months and I should be fine.

(While AS might seem like a long shot if you happen to know anything about it or read the wiki page, it's hereditary and my dad has it - and my back pain has been showing signs of similarities plus that I tested positive for the relevant gene - so this is not me being a hypocondriac)

So yeah, uh... Yay, me! Yay for continuing indefinitely to be able to lift and hold my son!

Good stuff FP, hope the physio helps you out m8.

KerouacsDog

KerouacsDog

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
--------------------
HAND #1
--------------------
Full Tilt, $0.05/$0.10 NL Hold'em Cash Game, 7 Players
Hand History Converter by Stoxpoker
MP3: $4.13 (41.3 bb)
CO: $7.49 (74.9 bb)
Hero (BTN): $10.46 (104.6 bb)
SB: $2 (20 bb)
BB: $1.70 (17 bb)
MP1: $7.59 (75.9 bb)
MP2: $2 (20 bb)
Pre-Flop: Hero is BTN with K 6
3 folds, CO calls $0.10, Hero calls $0.10, SB completes, BB checks
Flop: ($0.40) 5 7 Q (4 players)
SB bets $0.30, BB folds, CO raises to $0.60, Hero calls $0.60, SB calls $0.30
Turn: ($2.20) J (3 players)
SB checks, CO bets $0.30, Hero calls $0.30, SB folds
River: ($2.80) 6 (2 players)
CO checks, Hero bets $0.70, CO calls $0.70
Results: $4.20 pot ($0.28 rake)
Hero showed K 6 (a flush, King high) and won $3.92 ($2.22 net)
CO mucked and lost (-$1.70 net)

CO had AA..........

M

Marginal

Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I hate calling there preflop, its either a fold or a raise dependent on how often CO calls after limping. I probably also 3 bet the flop and bet more on the river.

slycbnew

slycbnew

Cardschat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I hate calling there preflop, its either a fold or a raise dependent on how often CO calls after limping. I probably also 3 bet the flop and bet more on the river.

+1

Punish lp limpers by raising behind them in position, unless you have a read that they're particularly tricky. Those that limp/call and then c/f flops a lot are a goldmine. K6s is a fine hand to do this with on the BTN. Obviously here, holding AA, he's going to raise (unless he's a complete idiot - wait, oh yeah, he limped AA in CO, maybe he won't...) and you'll have to fold, but it'll be very profitable in the long run.

3bet on the flop is important to keep Acx from turning a flush, and is almost certainly for value.

KerouacsDog

KerouacsDog

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips

+1

Punish lp limpers by raising behind them in position, unless you have a read that they're particularly tricky. Those that limp/call and then c/f flops a lot are a goldmine. K6s is a fine hand to do this with on the BTN. Obviously here, holding AA, he's going to raise (unless he's a complete idiot - wait, oh yeah, he limped AA in CO, maybe he won't...) and you'll have to fold, but it'll be very profitable in the long run.

3bet on the flop is important to keep Acx from turning a flush, and is almost certainly for value.

lol thanks guys for the advice, this was more about emphasising how not to play AA. I was just donk-calling pf, as I had some reads on these guys postflop, particularly the AA guy and how much he bet each street determining wether I was in front or behind.

Status
Not open for further replies.