Status
Not open for further replies.
slycbnew

slycbnew

Cardschat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
ok, cash game question(Im quite new to ring), sorry I havent got the hand history, but can remember it:
10NL FR table, new to table, no reads.
Button raises it to 30c, Im in BB and reraise to 90c with AKos.
Button calls.
Flop comes KJT rainbow.
TPTK for me, so I bet $1.50, button shoves for $10.
Is this always a fold?

General rule is don't fold TPTK in 3bet pots. We're ahead of some pure and semi bluffs - AJ/AT/QQ/99/QJ/QT - and way behind on AQ/KJ/JT/JJ/TT (all of these are hands that will flat on btn to a 3bet from BB).

Hate calling w no reads, cuz if Villain has a brain he should be worried we have two pr or better here, if he shoves anyhow we should be up against at least a set or a bluff. But I hate folding TPTK in a 3bet pot more than calling here - guess I'm calling and hoping to see a Q on the river.

Yucky spot, not keen on cbetting here. What do others think?

Dorkus Malorkus

Dorkus Malorkus

HELLO INTERNET
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I am going to quit poker. I no longer believe it is possible to win.

It has taken you mere years to figure out what it takes most people more than a lifetime to discover. Be happy!

(p.s. poker is rigged pbv)

BelgoSuisse

BelgoSuisse

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
It has taken you mere years to figure out what it takes most people more than a lifetime to discover. Be happy!

I'm fine with discovering that post mortem while enjoying a lifelong heater during my lifetime...

AG, poker is beatable. At least most forms of it are. But it's probably getting harder and harder. There's no shame in quitting while ahead.

Debi

Debi

Forum Admin
Administrator
Total posts
Awards
Chips
On the Leatherass well thread - I was thinking it should start after people have a chance to get the book and read it. But he would like to do it soon and it would probably be good to do it while he is fired up about it. He said he would love to start it within about a week - but xmas is next week and I am worried some of you won't be around. So I was thinking maybe getting him to start it right after xmas - the week of the 28th. Some of us would have had time to start the book by then.

Any thoughts about the timing?

slycbnew

slycbnew

Cardschat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
On the Leatherass well thread - I was thinking it should start after people have a chance to get the book and read it. But he would like to do it soon and it would probably be good to do it while he is fired up about it. He said he would love to start it within about a week - but xmas is next week and I am worried some of you won't be around. So I was thinking maybe getting him to start it right after xmas - the week of the 28th. Some of us would have had time to start the book by then.

I'll be around, I think the guys who will be on break from school are the ones who may not be, not sure?

slycbnew

slycbnew

Cardschat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Oh, yeah, I should point out there's zero chance for me to read his book in time (unless it's in ebook form? that'd be sweet, I didn't check). I wonder if there's a one paragraph synopsis that he'd be comfortable sharing with us about the book so those of us who won't have read it will be able to ask good q's? I promise I will buy and read the book. :D

BelgoSuisse

BelgoSuisse

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Oh, yeah, I should point out there's zero chance for me to read his book in time (unless it's in ebook form? that'd be sweet, I didn't check)

There's an ebook version and a hardcover version. Both cost $40 (plus shipping for the hardcover). You can get both for $60 + shipping. And the coolest thing is that you can pay by transferring money on either FTP or PS.

slycbnew

slycbnew

Cardschat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
There's an ebook version and a hardcover version. Both cost $40 (plus shipping for the hardcover). You can get both for $60 + shipping. And the coolest thing is that you can pay by transferring money on either FTP or PS.

Sweet, thanks! Just goes to show how lazy I am, this is what I deserve ---> :pcguru:

Now there's no chance I won't read it in time... :D

S

switch0723

Cardschat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
nvm

Last edited:
KerouacsDog

KerouacsDog

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
General rule is don't fold TPTK in 3bet pots. We're ahead of some pure and semi bluffs - AJ/AT/QQ/99/QJ/QT - and way behind on AQ/KJ/JT/JJ/TT (all of these are hands that will flat on btn to a 3bet from BB).

Hate calling w no reads, cuz if Villain has a brain he should be worried we have two pr or better here, if he shoves anyhow we should be up against at least a set or a bluff. But I hate folding TPTK in a 3bet pot more than calling here - guess I'm calling and hoping to see a Q on the river.

Yucky spot, not keen on cbetting here. What do others think?
yeah, crap about having no reads, but that can't be helped sometimes.
With the hand in question, i wish I could say i folded, but Im afraid I let my heart rule my brain and called, he showed jacks for the set.
Guess I have to be more cautious next time..........

M

Marginal

Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
So on Sunday morning my family wants to take family photos. How do I get out of it. Need a quick solution.

S93

S93

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
-Fake a run deep in big mtt(or rather run deep in a actual big mtt since its
-more +ev).
-Infect your self with Leprosy(i gurantee they will cancel the photo shoot).
Just do the family photo since its only a hour of your life.

Thats your only 3 options afaik.

Munchrs

Munchrs

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
daks - that time would probably suit most :D

Snowmobiler

Snowmobiler

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
So on Sunday morning my family wants to take family photos. How do I get out of it. Need a quick solution.

Get in a fight that you will lose.They wont want you in Pic any longer ;)

Snow :cool:

M

Marginal

Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
It would cost me like 120$ USD to get organised for it. New shirt and a haircut are expensive as hell.

Snowmobiler

Snowmobiler

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips

It would be nice to have a chance to read his book 1st before asking questions,I agree.
Mid January would give me a chance,as long as it gets here by the 28th or so.If you do it sooner can always ask questions other than the material in the book.

Snow :cool:

Munchrs

Munchrs

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Okay - will probably tell him anytime after xmas day then.

+ if its going to last for 1-2 weeks or more, his 2p2 well lasted about 4 i think. Then anyone who cant ask their questions are probably just to freaking lazy too get online and do it.

Debi

Debi

Forum Admin
Administrator
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I am going to ask him to try to commit to 2 weeks if the thread remains active - that will give us all time to read the book and still get in the thread.

Juniorsdaddy

Juniorsdaddy

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips

Tell them you have swine flu. That should keep them away for a week or so. :D

M

Marginal

Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Tell them you have swine flu. That should keep them away for a week or so. :D

I wont joke about that, I had a swine flu scare a month and a half ago. They nearly shat themselves.

KerouacsDog

KerouacsDog

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
this sucks big time!:

--------------------
HAND #1
--------------------
Full Tilt, $0.02/$0.05 NL Hold'em Cash Game, 9 Players
Hand History Converter by Stoxpoker
MP3: $6.01 (120.2 bb)
CO: $13.70 (274 bb)
BTN: $5 (100 bb)
SB: $5.18 (103.6 bb)
BB: $10 (200 bb)
UTG+1: $7.75 (155 bb)
UTG+2: $7.48 (149.6 bb)
MP1: $10.13 (202.6 bb)
Hero (MP2): $4.82 (96.4 bb)
Pre-Flop: Hero is MP2 with 7 7
UTG+1 raises to $0.20, UTG+2 calls $0.20, MP1 folds, Hero calls $0.20, 4 folds, BB calls $0.15
Flop: ($0.82) 6 7 5 (4 players)
BB checks, UTG+1 bets $0.70, UTG+2 calls $0.70, Hero raises to $2.05, BB folds, UTG+1 calls $1.35, UTG+2 folds
Turn: ($5.62) 4 (2 players)
UTG+1 checks, Hero bets $2.57 and is all-in, UTG+1 calls $2.57
River: ($10.76) 8 (2 players, 1 is all-in)
Results: $10.76 pot ($0.71 rake)
Hero showed 7 7 (a straight, Four to Eight) and won $5.02 ($0.20 net)
UTG+1 showed Q Q (a straight, Four to Eight) and won $5.03 ($0.21 net)

while Im here, here's a question: this table was a deepstack, but I bought in for my normal $5. Surely if you wanna play deep then you just go to the 10NL table, right? what am I missing here?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.