CC Chris Ferguson Challenge Updating Thread!

J

janef13

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Over $300

HI,
I am not in this challenge because I started mine earlier than you started yours, but I just rboke over the $300 mark and am so excited.....got lucky in the guys v girls on cc and a private tourney on ft...this is fun,
Jane

ugotkicked

ugotkicked

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Update..

screw the bankroll managment...I have been to $150 dollars and down 85 cents and back to $60...I now am playing in a $10-$1 KO with 490 entries, my bankroll is sitting at .29 right now..ahh..I think I need to cash to continue this challenge...but..lets just say I win this tournament.,
I bankroll will be at $980 + .29 .. hehe...I'll be less then $20 away from winning this thing.

ugotkicked

ugotkicked

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Final Update

well..Im at .29 in the challenge..I QUIT..I will adding $200 (for tournaments) when I see my friend... I'm kinda tired of the "GRIND" ups and downs...BUT..I will have to say that In my run from sept 2nd In cash ring games I suffered so many bad beats for BIG POTS...I had so many people F-ING CRUSHED to the river and seen miracles happen time & time again. I lost w/ pocket aces just about everytime I had them,except when I was against AA and I suckedout a flush. AND NO...I didn't play them wrong..I got there money in just the way it should have been done. they just majically got there to suckout time and time again.,,SO F%#@ RING GAMES!!!! & "online aces!

I did very well playing tournaments though ..I cashed in many $1 $2 & $3 MTT's only to go take a BAD BEAT playing ring games for my winnings. anyway...here is the last hand of my CCCFC...this was after someone pushin in with KQ me calling that person w/ AQ only to run into a medium stack w/ AK to shortin my stack to under 800..which reminds me..I did recieve a $2 bounty for that...holy shit..I'm still in this thing. I gotta go ..theres gotta be a $2+.25 starting soon.

I GOT $2.29 WOOHOO

My hand in the $10KO
Story of my run on FTP - Poker Hand Replays

Attachments

• FTP Cashier229.JPG
    FTP Cashier229.JPG
    61.6 KB · Views: 15
Last edited:
ugotkicked

ugotkicked

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Challenge over for me.

I tried to make my 2.29 work out and go to the sky,but..
well anyway..I will playing only in tournaments MMT's with my bankroll
from here,as I said b4 I was gonna add $200..but I changed my mind and only added $100.
I wish everyone luck.

Attachments

• ftp100.04.JPG
    ftp100.04.JPG
    57.9 KB · Views: 15
I

I Eat Stackzzzz

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
I am not sure if I can be added to this challenge, I am brand new to this forum and started my Challenge through another forum, finding yours a little more professional I plan on coming here. If there is anyway I can post my journal here, itd be awesome. Thanks again. My current BR is 234.35, all from zero.

RickH2005

RickH2005

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Im still at 0--But I won an entry into Sat the 27th $1000FR at 1:15pm

brianvoytek

brianvoytek

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I would like to take a shot at this. I have $0 on FT, so It'll be worth the shot.

FT Name - Brian Voytek

GL to all on the felt.

L

LarryT503

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I thought I had already posted a request to join the competition, but don't see it? I currently have $0.00 at pokerstars and my name there is LarryT503. Thanks.

kaiWalk

kaiWalk

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Just a piece of advice for any playing on PokerStars, the "Million Dollar Men Freeroll Qualifier" tourneys give 300 satellite tickets to a weekly tourney that pays a min. of $5 to the top 3,000 finishers with a 10,000 entrant max.

For anyone looking to start a bankroll on that site, a 30% field payout is pretty high for a MTT.

Good luck all.

M

m00

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
WOW ugotkicked!! Wanna help me out a lil bit ?? :p :D

Great Job there, but I dont see where u finished in the fifty-fifty? Or am I just blind today.. :joyman:

edit:// ok... an other nickname .. :D Now I see :) VERY GREAT JOB THERE MAN !!

ugotkicked

ugotkicked

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Kickin_Butz = ugotkicked

My Fulltilt screen name is Kickin_Butz

Rememberthis1

Rememberthis1

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips

Jesus turd kittens! 2nd place? You're an aminiminal! That's only a little more than I won in that 1 dollar tournament we both almost FT'd!

M

m00

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips

Yea, just saw it .. ;)

You think theres a way that you could upload your HH of such an awesome finish to pxf, so that we can watch how you did that?? :)

Just a thought.. :D You dont have to of course :party:

ugotkicked

ugotkicked

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I'll show you 1 hand

If I win this hand here,,i get $9,800 instead of $7500 chop.

NOTHING LIKE LOSING A $3800 COIN FLIP.
then even with chip lead still...EVERYTHING WENT HIS WAY...he ended up getting lead from me..I OFFERED CHOP.
This hand was for over $3800 - Poker Hand Replays

Last edited:
C

collin12

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
its very hard to start a br on full tilt i got up to $20 then lost it all

T

tonydamage

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
BAM!

I've overcame the C.Ferg Challenge ... twice!

0 to $10k x2 in a span of a little over a year.

I didnt do it on just one site though.

Here is how I did it:

I went freeroll-password scavenging and won myself around $20 in around a weeks time (on Full Tilt). I also played the regular $100 freerolls but they were way harder than the private ones. Being the luckbox that I am, I didnt practice bankroll management. One fateful Wednesday, I sat on two NL10 tables with my $20+ bankroll with full stacks (100x BB on both tables). I played loose-aggressive and ended my 4 hour session with a little under $100 PROFIT. What can I say, there are a lot of fishes in the micro limits. Here's where I got tricky: I cashed out $50 (via Moneybookers) and deposited it on Pokerstars. I did this because the guaranteed MTTs on pokerstars are far better and there are several good ones everyday. I went on to win the daily fifteen grand (I think it's the daily 30K now) on my last $11 on the site ( I had a terrible run on the SnGs - played the $12 180-turbo). All of a sudden my BR was more than 5K us$! I cashed out 4 grand and played NL100 profitable for over 2 months. Never moving up, just cashing out anything in excess of 1k us$. I placed 3rd on the daily $15K for roughly $2k. Around this time, my gf went to the USA to pursue "hollywood". I figured I could just come along since I do have some spare cash. Voila, I cashed out all of my poker money, including the $50 on full tilt which I left untouched after my Pokerstars run. I cashed out more than $10K in this span of time. Chris-Ferg-Challenge #1 accomplished.
--------------------------------------------------------------------
PART 2
So I went to California, worked as an IT guy for a small eBay company and basically partied everyday (read: da lyf LA style) as my GF tried her darnest to land anything close to a film role.
She met someone, I did too.
I went broke because of the new chick lol
TY poker for saving my behind.
So, I was broke and working a really job. NP, online poker while at work!
Started playing freerolls while in the office. I was surprised how easier it was the second time around. I wont the $100 freerolls on full tilt a couple of times! I never really had time to play cash games as I was still busy doing a lot of things (work, surfing, parties, etc). I was pleasantly surprised when I noticed that my Bankroll on full tilt was already around $70 (all from freeroll winnings). So, how did I make my 2nd 10 grand run? same way, different site.

A german friend of mine told me about everest poker, how it was soo fishy. and that it had a $5K gtd freeroll coming up for first depositors. This was the time I needed to fly back home (my stay permit for the USA was almost expired + working under-the-table was starting to get on my nerves) what happened? I deposited $5 on everest and won the dang freeroll, $2k baby, instant bankroll! i also went on to crush the NL100 and NL200 tables there on the regular, while winning the daily $5K gtd 3 more times (sadly, i ran bad in the weekly 100k), I did still make over $10K. why did I cash out? well I got myself a BMW m5 thats why:)

GSpicoli

GSpicoli

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I've been playing 2 - 5 freerolls a day for the last 3 days on UB and FTP with no luck yet. Lastnight I placed 24th out of over 3900 people but just missed cashing.

T

tonydamage

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
this is really productive, keep it up guys!

Leo 50

Leo 50

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I've been trying to build a bankroll on FTP, in almost a year I can't get past $50,oh well, I'll keep working at it

F

FITEMAN

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
my own version

I think its too late to enter this challenge properly, so I am attempting my own version starting with $1.20 on PStars. I had $1.20 in my PS acct. i entered a $1.10 sng and came in 2nd, I now have $2.80. I am starting from here. I am not trying to win this challenge , Im just challenging myself, I guess. I'll keep you all posted. Good luck to everyone.

shiver

shiver

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I cannot seem to find the thread? where do we post our total and where is the leader board?

L

lostcause

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
It really isnt that hard to turn a little into a lot. I mean I turned the $10 ub gave me into well over 10k in 2 months. I had better runs on fulltilt but I started with 300 and turned that into 13k in 2weeks.(That was mainly all cash games one tourney I made 1k but mainly made 3k in a week then went and played 15-30 limit.) Although with the way the restrictions that Chris F. did I dont know if I could do it like him. Mainly because it would take me forever because he doesnt really gamble as much.(I believe he never put in more than a certain percentage of his bankroll up.) I mean it took one month grinding cash games to make over 1500 playing with $10. But I was gambling cause 25 cent 50 cent limit that really isnt a lot to play with.(Only 20bb) Although one of my friends is a true master at the almost nothing to a bankroll. Never seen a person one day have 15k then broke then 10k then broke then 20k its sick but his bankroll management is horrible.

i desire love

i desire love

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Well thats aint really the CC challenge, since u had a poor BR management. CHris moved up to 10k playing with limits to respect , i tried those limits and after 1 week a gave up. Of course if u do get lucky on a big tourny youll win alot, but thats not what ferguson tries to teach. Hes trying to make u understand that a lot of onlines players could make money if they had a good BR managment

L

lostcause

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Well thats aint really the CC challenge, since u had a poor BR management. CHris moved up to 10k playing with limits to respect , i tried those limits and after 1 week a gave up. Of course if u do get lucky on a big tourny youll win alot, but thats not what ferguson tries to teach. Hes trying to make u understand that a lot of onlines players could make money if they had a good BR managment

Although it is true that I gambled a bit by starting at 25 cent 50 cent vs starting at 5 cent 10 cent limit. I have done that before from the lowest limits and earned over 4k. Notice that CF got a big break from a tourney. I don't play a lot of tourney poker. Tourney poker has such a high variance. It is the reason you see these high stakes tourney players going broke. Although with rake back you could, if you put in the hours earn a bankroll way quicker with very little risk. I mean if you multi-table like 5 or 6 at the low limits you could make close to a few hundred or more playing like 12 hours a day. Not saying everyone has the time but you will move up quicker because of it.